Stewart Downing

NUFC_Sam

Nolan as an avatar when you have the likes of Ben Arfa at your own club. Just painful. Nothing against Nolan, he's just average. The fact he's never been capped in a failed English side speaks volumes to how good he actually is. West Ham won't finish above Newcastle, it's really that simple.

I'd take what Nolan achieved here over what Ben Arfa has achieved in his whole career personally.

French league & cup titles < Nothing

???

Plenty of players win trophies but not many have as big an impact as Nolan has had at his 3 clubs, especially here.

:lol:

Nolan as an avatar when you have the likes of Ben Arfa at your own club. Just painful. Nothing against Nolan, he's just average. The fact he's never been capped in a failed English side speaks volumes to how good he actually is. West Ham won't finish above Newcastle, it's really that simple.

They will finish above us.  You certainly have a lot of faith in Pardew.

Answers on a postcard please for which of their players would get in our starting 11 side. I wouldn't even take Fat Sam back to replace Pardew.

Carroll, Downing

Remy Cisse Ben Arfa, which two are you swapping? Actually intrigued to see this answer.

I'm actually swapping Jonas for Downing and either Remy or Cisse for Carroll. Why are we discounting Diame?

Jonas isn't i our starting line up. Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko....Remy Cisse Ben Arfa.......When all fully fit fairly obvious that's how we will be lining up. So now you can take your pick where Downing and Carroll are going. Discounting Diame meant i would actually have him, the only player in their 11 i would actually have because i do rate him. Wouldn't even consider anyone else.

Answers on a postcard please for which of their players would get in our starting 11 side. I wouldn't even take Fat Sam back to replace Pardew.

Carroll, Downing

Remy Cisse Ben Arfa, which two are you swapping? Actually intrigued to see this answer.

I'm actually swapping Jonas for Downing and either Remy or Cisse for Carroll. Why are we discounting Diame?

Jonas isn't i our starting line up. Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko....Remy Cisse Ben Arfa.......When all fully fit fairly obvious that's how we will be lining up. So now you can take your pick where Downing and Carroll are going. Discounting Diame meant i would actually have him, the only player in their 11 i would actually have because i do rate him. Wouldn't even consider anyone else.

Stopped reading, genuinely. WUM.

Carroll, Downing

Clearly. So who does Jonas/Downing and Carroll replace in the team i mentioned? Which isn't rocket science to work out that basically is our best front 6 (Tiote/Anita arguement could come into play, i'll accept that's close).

Guest icemanblue

Carroll, Downing

Venky, you're a good lad, really. But, that's shit patter and you know it. Cut it out.

Carroll, Downing

Venky, you're a good lad, really. But, that's shit patter and you know it. Cut it out.

:lol: forum police

Guest Phil K

I'd take what Nolan achieved here over what Ben Arfa has achieved in his whole career personally.

You have serious issues Jack.

Him helping us get promoted then helping keep us up mean nothing then?

If only he'd have skinned 9 players when he scored that hat-trick against the mackems etc.

I agree. Love Ben Arfa, but plenty injuries lasting longer than they should in past 18 months, and the occasional brilliant flash of genius ISN'T as high an achievement  to what Nolan did (still don't forgive him for his part in the Carroll saga though)

Guest icemanblue

Carroll, Downing

Consider it a warning, at this point. :lol:

You have serious issues Jack.

Him helping us get promoted then helping keep us up mean nothing then?

If only he'd have skinned 9 players when he scored that hat-trick against the mackems etc.

I agree. Love Ben Arfa, but plenty injuries lasting longer than they should in past 18 months, and the occasional brilliant flash of genius ISN'T as high an achievement  to what Nolan did (still don't forgive him for his part in the Carroll saga though)

The camparison is between Nolan's spell here and Ben Arfa's whole career achievements.

Downing will do well at West Ham and they'll finish above us, can't really see anything else happening with that.

Carroll, Downing

Venky, you're a good lad, really. But, that's s*** patter and you know it. Cut it out.

Calm down folks, i took Venky's comments in good spirits  :lol: Just waiting for him to tell me who's getting bumped out of Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa for his Carroll/Downing...

p.s Venky you can just fold your hand...we all know your said players aren't good enough for our side  O0

Do people honestly not believe Jonas will be in the starting XI next season if we fail to bring in a left winger? I don't mean that in a s*** condescending way, it's a genuine question.

I don't think he will be, he'll still be heavily involved throughout the season but he's by no means a gaurenteed starter. Remy takes his place on the left wing and he's not good enough to play in the middle with the standard of players we currently have.

Do people honestly not believe Jonas will be in the starting XI next season if we fail to bring in a left winger? I don't mean that in a s*** condescending way, it's a genuine question.

I don't think he will be, he'll still be heavily involved throughout the season but he's by no means a gaurenteed starter. Remy takes his place on the left wing and he's not good enough to play in the middle with the standard of players we currently have.

So you think we'll be playing 4-3-3 with Remy and HBA either side of Cisse?

I hope you're right like, but imo it'll most likely be Remy & Cisse up top with Ben Arfa and Jonas holding the hands of Debuchy and Santon. For pretty much the entirety of last season the formation/team we should have played seemed obvious to the fans (whether we were right or wrong) but Pardew saw it a completely different way, unless he's genuinely changed as a manager I cannot see why this season would be any different?

I hope you're right like, but imo it'll most likely be Remy & Cisse up top with Ben Arfa and Jonas holding the hands of Debuchy and Santon. For pretty much the entirety of last season the formation/team we should have played seemed obvious to the fans (whether we were right or wrong) but Pardew saw it a completely different way, unless he's genuinely changed as a manager I cannot see why this season would be any different?

You'd think Sissoko, Cabaye and Tiote will all play.  :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

Remy wont be played LW in a 4-4-2, Jonas is going to start for 3 simple reasons. One Pardew likes him, 2 he's played well in pre season (as Pardew keeps pointing out). When Pardew says Jonas is playing well i disagree but he is a Pardew favourite and some reports have said Jonas played well. And 3, i think were going 4-4-2.

It will show Pardew to be a bit thick, to play 4-4-2 with a team without wingers, and to play Jonas in whatever formation. Now if its 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 then i hope Remy is on the left.

And the one glaring obvious thing, Jonas has started our last few games, Pardew isn't going to do that if he has no intention of playing him.

I think just go back to when it was Ba left, Cisse up top and Ben Arfa right, think Pardew has tried to get back to that ever since and failed. Ba wanting to play up top so Cisse went out wide, Gouffran came in and sort of played that role but we've just never got the balance right like it was when Ba was there. With the 4-4-2 it means he's drop Sissoko and i don't think he'd leave him on the bench. Against certain sides 4-4-2 maybe adopted but certainly think the 4-3-3 option is where we will try to go at least.