Stewart Downing

NUFC_Sam

Too English. Not cool enough.

They are all massively average bar maybe Carroll

Separately, yes. Together they'll do a good job.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

They were a few points off 8th last year with some bad injuries.

They'll basically be nowhere near relegation which is something I'm envious of.

They were 5 points ahead of us and I'm fairly comfortable assuming our injuries were worse.

Who do you think will finish higher this year?

To 12th or 13th yeah....

These are just another club i'd happily wager anyone that we finish above of. Actually think they may finish a respectable 10th with this side but they will just hurt everyones eyes for the entire season with the dross football on show. Anyone who thinks we should be envious or fearful of West Ham may as well just give this season up.

I gave this season up a few months ago. Anything other than absolute average will be a spectacular achievement.

So were we the season we had Carroll, Nolan and Barton but we still finished 12th.

That is the ceiling for those players,  for all the romanticism over them on here they are nothing more than mid table players and never will be.

At least the players we have shown in the past they are capable of decidely more than mid table.

Sadly held back by the manager and coaching staff which is what makes it so frustrating.

I'd much rather have a group of players who are capable of great things than a group of players who will never achieve anything other than safety.

But alas carry on, it just amuses me how high these players are held for doing par for the course.

So were we the season we had Carroll, Nolan and Barton but we still finished 12th.

That is the ceiling for those players,  for all the romanticism over them on here they are nothing more than mid table players and never will be.

At least the players we have shown in the past they are capable of decidely more than mid table.

Sadly held back by the manager and coaching staff which is what makes it so frustrating.

I'd much rather have a group of players who are capable of great things than a group of players who will never achieve anything other than safety.

But alas carry on, it just amuses me how high these players are held for doing par for the course.

We nearly got relegated last year with these "capable of greatness" players though. I love to blame Pardew for everything but even I draw the line somewhere.

The last line is very ironic btw.

That team would ruin us.

The way to destroy that team would be to be able to keep possession, and pass it round them, which would be quite easy to do with the likes of Nolan and Barton in midfield. Nolan would be knackered after 15 mins, and Barton would just get frustrated and start kicking everyone.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to master passing and moving effectively enough to be able to accomplish that against this kind of team.

That West Ham team would essentially pummel any team, who can't move the ball around well, but would get decked by the "classier" teams in the league, and by that I don't necessarily mean the top teams either. A Swansea would make life very difficult for them for example.

I agree.

Lol so funny , the thought of a Pardew team mastering passing and movement  :celb1:

We can't even do the basics of those two fundamentals. 

To 12th or 13th yeah....

They were 5 points ahead of us and I'm fairly comfortable assuming our injuries were worse.

Us.

As Mole has said, there is a lot of romanticism of these players. I wouldn't be remotely excited of us signing Nolan, Carroll or Barton and even less excited about Allardyce managing us.

Depends,

If we have to stick with Pardew for another 7 seasons lol I would have no problems with players like Barton, nolan etc in the team.  They suit Pardew's game and like some have said they are effective for that style.

Carroll on the other hand I think there is a place for him in a lot of teams.

Nolan as an avatar when you have the likes of Ben Arfa at your own club. Just painful. Nothing against Nolan, he's just average. The fact he's never been capped in a failed English side speaks volumes to how good he actually is. West Ham won't finish above Newcastle, it's really that simple.

To 12th or 13th yeah....

Us.

As Mole has said, there is a lot of romanticism of these players. I wouldn't be remotely excited of us signing Nolan, Carroll or Barton and even less excited about Allardyce managing us.

Less romanticism than our current squad of players imo. Pardew is copping the blame for some of the worst individual performances I've ever seen in our shirt.

Nolan as an avatar when you have the likes of Ben Arfa at your own club. Just painful. Nothing against Nolan, he's just average. The fact he's never been capped in a failed English side speaks volumes to how good he actually is. West Ham won't finish above Newcastle, it's really that simple.

They will finish above us.  You certainly have a lot of faith in Pardew.

I'd take what Nolan achieved here over what Ben Arfa has achieved in his whole career personally.

Worth remembering West Ham were the promoted playoff winners last season. To have, likely, become a competitive but stable PL team in the space since then is fairly good going if you ask me.

I'd take what Nolan achieved here over what Ben Arfa has achieved in his whole career personally.

:dowie:

Answers on a postcard please for which of their players would get in our starting 11 side. I wouldn't even take Fat Sam back to replace Pardew.

You have serious issues Jack.

Answers on a postcard please for which of their players would get in our starting 11 side. I wouldn't even take Fat Sam back to replace Pardew.

Carroll, Downing, Diame, Allardyce

French league & cup titles < Nothing

???

Team ethic > Individual internationals.

Most people wouldn't swap many of the players who played for us in our first season back in to our team now because they're not sexy names but they didn't come anywhere near as close to getting relegated as the new lot did because they had fostered a team spirit and had pride in the shirt. They also happened to play far more adventurous and pleasing football en route.

Carroll, Downing

Remy Cisse Ben Arfa, which two are you swapping? Actually intrigued to see this answer.

Carroll, Downing

Remy Cisse Ben Arfa, which two are you swapping? Actually intrigued to see this answer.

I'm actually swapping Jonas for Downing and either Remy or Cisse for Carroll. Why are we discounting Diame?

You have serious issues Jack.

Him helping us get promoted then helping keep us up mean nothing then?

If only he'd have skinned 9 players when he scored that hat-trick against the mackems etc.

Overall we may have a better squad than west ham on paper.  But that means nothing.  If you think its simple as certain player of a team can't get into ours then that automatically means we will finish above them, then you are very naive.

West ham play direct football way better than us.  There is not even an argument there.  I say they even play football better than us too lol

French league & cup titles < Nothing

???

Plenty of players win trophies but not many have as big an impact as Nolan has had at his 3 clubs, especially here.