NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems to be a Cisse, run the line type striker. Not what we need really.

I presume you mean run in behind? because Cisse don't really do that at all.

I think thats what Cisse is as a striker, he has no hold up play, he isnt a battering ram and hes not pacy.

Seems to be a Cisse, run the line type striker. Not what we need really.

I presume you mean run in behind? because Cisse don't really do that at all.

I think thats what Cisse is as a striker, he has no hold up play, he isnt a battering ram and hes not pacy.

He doesn't really run in behind either though.... or at least not effectively, he's a poacher and doesn't really do any of these things.

If this lad is capable of running in behind defences it would be an asset IMO. Although i haven't seen 1 second of him so i couldn't say personally.

Cisse's a poacher who thrives primarily on mostly low crosses in open play. He doesn't run the line at all.

He wasn't a poacher during his first half season.

or in jormany from what I remember.

I can only guess that people have different meaning for "Poacher." 

doesn't " taking chances in the area created by others" account for the majority of goals ?

for me he's a good all round forward. his build up play is more erratic than crap (not helped last season by no support or movement). the goals he doesn't score are ones where he takes his man on which he doesn't normally need to do due to getting into positions where it's best to hit early.

The best I can think of as a poacher at Newcastle was Alan Gowling, he was lifting as a player.  He did nothing but steal into the box and get on the end of another players work but contributed nothing to our game.

The best I can think of as a poacher at Newcastle was Alan Gowling, he was lifting as a player.  He did nothing but steal into the box and get on the end of another players work but contributed nothing to our game.

shearer and ferdinand, while not primarily poachers were both very good at it. david kelly maybe ?

shearer and ferdinand, while not primarily poachers were both very good at it. david kelly maybe ?

Andy Cole? Actually talking bollocks here. Cole fashioned out chance after chance with one of the best "turning" techniques of his time.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Nah - Cole had a lot more to his game but there's no doubt he was lethal as a poacher too.

All round goalscorer tbh. Outstanding.

Sounds like Nolan. A midfield poacher is rare.

Micky Quinn was another who offered goals and not much else.