NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

What are we supposed to do though? We can really play him, and presumably no better clubs want to take him on loan for some reason.

Knowing most British managers they probably think short = shit

What are we supposed to do though? We can really play him, and presumably no better clubs want to take him on loan for some reason.

Loan him out for longer earlier like nearly every other PL club does with youngsters. Clubs down the pyramid have their squads in place now and have done for a month or so, it would seem obvious they're much less likely to take someone extra on at a cost now than during the summer.

It never seems to be a hindrance to the many other PL clubs to ship players out en masse on loan.

Guest icemanblue

Loan him out for longer earlier like nearly every other PL club does with youngsters. Clubs down the pyramid have their squads in place now and have done for a month or so, it would seem obvious they're much less likely to take someone extra on at a cost now than during the summer.

That's all well and good, but, considering our 'transfer policy', would it be wise to send all of our youngsters out on loan before the window closes?

That's all well and good, but, considering our 'transfer policy', would it be wise to send all of our youngsters out on loan before the window closes?

I think more clubs should look to loan youngsters out to the A-League, its comparable to a League One/Lower Championship standard, would be good for players to experience a new country and further there personal development.

For those in charge of course not as they have needed to spend cash.

Personally I'd have soon kept Perch and Gosling to make up the numbers rather than having potential waste away in the stiffs but without that £700k we may well have gone bust this summer.

Given that they made so much off Carroll who was a free you'd think they'd be interested in doing it again.

I think more clubs should look to loan youngsters out to the A-League, its comparable to a League One/Lower Championship standard, would be good for players to experience a new country and further there personal development.

Or they could just send them to said lower leagues where they'd be easily kept an eye by scouts, get used to 'English' football, and not be attacked by dingoes.

Or they could just send them to said lower leagues where they'd be easily kept an eye by scouts, get used to 'English' football, and not be attacked by dingoes.

So learning off experienced pros like Alessandro del Piero, Shinji Ono, Brett Emerton and Harry Kewell to name a few, in a televised league. Would not be more beneficial to going to a league one side? Ian Bell claims spending a year in Australia studying and playing grade cricket made him the player he is today.

Guest icemanblue

So learning off experienced pros like Alessandro del Piero, Shinji Ono, Brett Emerton and Harry Kewell to name a few, in a televised league. Would not be more beneficial to going to a league one side? Ian Bell claims spending a year in Australia studying and playing grade cricket made him the player he is today.

Mate, it's on the other side of the world. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

For those in charge of course not as they have needed to spend cash.

Personally I'd have soon kept Perch and Gosling to make up the numbers rather than having potential waste away in the stiffs but without that £700k we may well have gone bust this summer.

Given that they made so much off Carroll who was a free you'd think they'd be interested in doing it again.

Completely agree with that, like. Unfortunately, I think the manager is somewhat hamstrung in this area, by the unpredictability and incompetence of those above him.

The problem I have with Australia is that its miles away to send a teenager.

They're not off to war  :lol:

Just off to play some football which they love. I'm sure they can say no if they don't fancy the trip or the loan can be cancelled if they are homesick. Wouldn't be the worst option.

Guest Roger Kint

The problem I have with Australia is that its miles away to send a teenager.

They're not off to war  :lol:

Just off to play some football which they love. I'm sure they can say no if they don't fancy the trip or the loan can be cancelled if they are homesick. Wouldn't be the worst option.

Still daft considering theres 72 other clubs in this country below the PL first plus Scotland for a simliar standard to Australia :lol:

But cricket, Brett Emerton and TV games man. If that's not going to help a young footballer progress I don't know what is.

Hilarious

I actually laughed at that, found it pretty funny.