BT Sport to get exclusive Champions League & Europa League TV rights from 2015

Mole_Toonfan

I still can't believe anyone actually pays for any of it tbh.

I pay for Sky to watch us basically. Which is why BT can fuck off with the CL for all I care. I used to like watching the boxing but since Box Nation bought the rights I no longer bother. There's a limit to everything, and if you're willing to pay £10  month for every daft side interest then you either have to be very rich or very stupid.

I pay for Sky to watch us basically. Which is why BT can fuck off with the CL for all I care. I used to like watching the boxing but since Box Nation bought the rights I no longer bother. There's a limit to everything, and if you're willing to pay £10  month for every daft side interest then you either have to be very rich or very stupid.

This is why I feel BT might have fucked up with this. Is there enough wide interest in the Champions League to cover the costs? I'm not so sure.

I pay for Sky to watch us basically. Which is why BT can f*** off with the CL for all I care. I used to like watching the boxing but since Box Nation bought the rights I no longer bother. There's a limit to everything, and if you're willing to pay £10  month for every daft side interest then you either have to be very rich or very stupid.

This is why I feel BT might have f***ed up with this. Is there enough wide interest in the Champions League to cover the costs? I'm not so sure.

Sky reckon only 3% of their viewership watch the CL whilst it's 18% for the Premiership

Though this is about the battle for Telephone and Broadband customers as well

Guest neesy111

I pay about £100 a month for all my TV-channels, yet the only thing I ever watch is the football. Such a waste.

Blimey.

We won't be getting BT like, we haven't replaced ESPN for the Premier League games so the Champions League will be going too. Literally the only temptation is taking the broadband, but I bet that deal will disappear soon enough.

Guest palnese

I pay about £100 a month for all my TV-channels, yet the only thing I ever watch is the football. Such a waste.

Blimey.

Yep. I pay just south of 40 quid a month for the English footy. The prices are mental.

We pay for BT Sports and Sky Sports atm. Its one of the few 'luxury' services that get paid for in our house and I reckon we (well me) watches enough of it to justify it. If the prices go up again they're getting fucked off mind, I reckon many will be the same too. It won't be viable to put the prices up because it'll surpass too many people's thresholds imo.

I can't be fucked with 'other sources' for football mind, I like it on the telly and watchable quality. The only games that get watched at the pub too are our away games and kick offs on after home games.

You get the Movies Dave?

Aye. Again, just for convenience really. We don't exactly watch many. Disney for the boy will be getting a hammering soon though. :lol:

Dunno what the variety is like now but I can just remember the same films being repeated all the time back in the day.

Guest neesy111

Minimum cost to get Sky Sports is 43.50 a month as you have to take out an Entertainment package.  If you want HD it's 60 quid minimum as you need to take out the entertainment extra pack + HD add-on.

Minimum cost to Sky Sports is 43.50 a month as you have to take out an Entertainment package.  If you want HD it's 60 quid minimum as you need to take out the entertainment extra pack + HD add-on.

No chance I'll be paying it when I move out btw :lol:

You get the Movies Dave?

Aye. Again, just for convenience really. We don't exactly watch many. Disney for the boy will be getting a hammering soon though. :lol:

Dunno what the variety is like now but I can just remember the same films being repeated all the time back in the day.

There's just more channels.

Guest neesy111

Minimum cost to Sky Sports is 43.50 a month as you have to take out an Entertainment package.  If you want HD it's 60 quid minimum as you need to take out the entertainment extra pack + HD add-on.

No chance I'll be paying it when I move out btw :lol:

Same.  I would rather spend that money in the pub while watching games.

You get the Movies Dave?

There's just more channels.

And therin lies the entire story of satellite TV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2496251/Champions-League-deal-lands-clubs-25m-bonus-BT-Sport-outbid-Sky-ITV.html

England's Champions League clubs will get a £25million-a-season windfall thanks to BT Sport's stunning entry into the European football broadcasting market.

BT Sport bid £897m to win the rights to show every Champions League and Europa League game for three seasons from 2015, massively outbidding Sky and ITV, who have televised the tournament jointly for more than 20 years.

Both broadcasters were stunned at BT's bid, Sky saying: 'It seems BT chose to pay far in excess of our valuation.' ITV added: 'We were not prepared to pay over the odds.'

The UK live rights for the 2012-2015 seasons inclusive had been won by Sky for £240m and by ITV for around £160m. BT's knockout bid represents a huge leap in income for European governing body UEFA of £497m - or £166m in extra income from the British market alone per year.

As much as £100m per season of this will end up back in the pockets of the four English teams competing in the Champions League.

Well thank god for that, I was getting worried about where their next player was coming from.