Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Give him two games a week to contend with again; then I'll determine whether or not he's improved. I bet he hasn't.

:thup:

If a manager isn't able to juggle 2 games a week, then he has some serious short comings.

I'm not sure why Pardew felt it necessary to go out of his way to give credit to fat Sam specifically and West Ham for their second half performance. Allardyce, the fat cunt wouldn't even give us credit for the quality of the first two goals when he was interviewed.

too be fair I think calling Pellegrini an old c*** is a bit uncalled for

Agreed, like it was Pellegrini's fault the goal wasn't given.  Pardew is an embarrassment.

Lucky you didn't support Man U during the Fergie years then, you'd have been mortified by the behaviour of your manager.

Give him two games a week to contend with again; then I'll determine whether or not he's improved. I bet he hasn't.

If a manager isn't able to juggle 2 games a week, then he has some serious short comings.

Laudrup

Guest neesy111

Laudrup

Seemed to manage it last season when he won the League Cup.

Guest bimpy474

You put Keegan in charge of this Newcastle team and we would have more points on the board now.

I have little doubt we would be in/around champions league. the sad thing is KK couldnt work with the idiots Ashley put above him. what a shame.

Keegan's second spell should show anyone we'd be more than likely be at the other end of the table tbh. P21 W6 D6 L9

He never really repeated his first spell with us anywhere.

Bit unfair to just ignore the squad/form he had to work with and the circumstances off the pitch.

Yet Pardew gets no such leeway.

It's a results business

Pardew knew the circumstances hence why he took the job as a failed manager of a League 1 club. Keegan was lied to. And you cant even begin to compare the state of the team Keegan had to the far superior squad Pardew has.

In short, you're wrong.

Of course I'm wrong I'm not an anti-Pardew zealot

No, only about the comparisons with Keegan. Pardew on other things would be slightly different. I can't stand the defensive second half s*** we always do. But you would have to be blind not to praise the first half, and our second goal was the best we've scored since the two breakaway goals at W.B.A. two seasons ago.

We didn't go defensive, see my post way above, we were put on the back foot, it happens in virtually all premiership games every team has a "spell", manager changed it and we were the most dangerous of the two teams again and we won again.

I am ingrained as a decades old Newcastle fan to expect us to cock it up from winning/being the better team positions but we're actually getting better at not doing it.

The view that the Anita/Shola substitution was a defensive step is nonsense, the game I watched just doesn't back that up, WHU had a couple of chances but apart from the 47th - 60th minute we were in pretty damn good control and continued to be the most threatening.

The manager is getting better, as is the team/squad. Change would be for changes sake.

You need to have seen some of my previous post to know my view on this. While i bore everyone else i explain it again for you. We do get pushed back, now it's a combination of things. The opposition coming out fired up, using a different system or tactics. And that show major flaws in Pardew's management. If it happened now and again as it does to most teams you wouldn't say much, but it happens to us time and time again.

Pardew doesn't know how to deal with it, poor substitiutions that give up more possession and ground are now the norm. The point people make is, it's not the fact it happens, it's the fact it happens time and time again. Also you seem to looking at just the results.

This is just my opinion but a manager who constantly talks the club and the team down, constantly talks of losing players. Says 'lets win for Mike'. Tells us it's our fault we lost a game, or the fact not enough turned up are the reason we lost a game, among many of his pathetic excuses.

Sorry if i'm not exactly estactic that he's the manager of the club i love.

Has Laudrup regressed ???

Laudrup has a trophy on his CV for starters.

Since winning that trophy he has taken 30 points from 32 league games. He may well have a trophy on his CV but if he doesnt improve soon he won't have a job.

I don't understand the need to compare managers when trying to critique one.

Pardew couldn't hack having two games a week. It wasn't the travelling, it wasn't tired legs. It was the fact that Pardew and his staff clearly spend more time analysing other teams' strengths, as opposed to integrating a winning style in his own team. He couldn't hack the leg-work of doing that twice a week and we suffered from it. And it was the fact that Pardew drilled it into the squad that we couldn't cope. Even the likes of Krul, who typically was rested for the European games, was going on about how taxing a competition it was. Just nonsense, man.

Us not having the Europa League to deal with this season is a huge reason for why we've improved. Yes there are issues with the tournament's structure, but none that are troublesome enough to have forced us to finish 16th. We finished 16th cos Pardew is a pretty shite manager.

Agreed, like it was Pellegrini's fault the goal wasn't given.  Pardew is an embarrassment.

Lucky you didn't support Man U during the Fergie years then, you'd have been mortified by the behaviour of your manager.

Fergie ever called a fellow manager an "old cunt" ?

Laudrup

He'll never win anything, the fraud.

You put Keegan in charge of this Newcastle team and we would have more points on the board now.

I have little doubt we would be in/around champions league. the sad thing is KK couldnt work with the idiots Ashley put above him. what a shame.

Keegan's second spell should show anyone we'd be more than likely be at the other end of the table tbh. P21 W6 D6 L9

Did you see the state of West Ham yesterday? Yeah, drink that in - that's what he inherited from that fat f***ing fraud and had to turn around half way through a season. After the initial losing streak we actually went on a great fun, too.

Look, I get it, Keegan's first spell was amazing, miraculous even, but the unadulterated man-love that persists is pathetic.

Pardew is our manager for the foreseeable, the signs are good IMO, we are actually getting better. The once in a lifetime turnaround which was Keegan's first spell is not going to repeat itself, in fact it's rarely happened anywhere else (I can't even recall the like at all).

You've missed my point completely, but then you probably meant to. I don't think we're getting, really, any better or considerably worse to be honest since Pardew was appointed. We've had a few good streaks under him and some abhorrent ones to boot. Our record in the derby and cup games under this clown is pathetic, and due to a combination of injuries, luck, 'science' or whatever we'll probably never be good enough to win anything or bad enough to go down with the players we seem to be getting.

Keegan was a better manager and player than Pardew could ever hope to be. On one hand you have a guy who was out of the game for a while, inherited an under confident shambles of a squad from Sam fucking Allardyce and within a couple of months started turning it onto it's head completely in terms of tactics and player confidence. Here we have a bloke that's been in charge for a few years, has a technically sound collection of international players and still resorts to throwing on Shola. Fucking. Ameobi and benching one of the most naturally gifted footballers in Europe.

How you can ever say we're somehow getting better is beyond me like

Guest bimpy474

Hughton did amazing with Birmingham in the Championship (46 games), got through the groups of the Europa, plus the FA and League Cups.

Bit unfair to just ignore the squad/form he had to work with and the circumstances off the pitch.

It's a results business

Pardew knew the circumstances hence why he took the job as a failed manager of a League 1 club. Keegan was lied to. And you cant even begin to compare the state of the team Keegan had to the far superior squad Pardew has.

In short, you're wrong.

No, only about the comparisons with Keegan. Pardew on other things would be slightly different. I can't stand the defensive second half s*** we always do. But you would have to be blind not to praise the first half, and our second goal was the best we've scored since the two breakaway goals at W.B.A. two seasons ago.

We didn't go defensive, see my post way above, we were put on the back foot, it happens in virtually all premiership games every team has a "spell", manager changed it and we were the most dangerous of the two teams again and we won again.

I am ingrained as a decades old Newcastle fan to expect us to cock it up from winning/being the better team positions but we're actually getting better at not doing it.

The view that the Anita/Shola substitution was a defensive step is nonsense, the game I watched just doesn't back that up, WHU had a couple of chances but apart from the 47th - 60th minute we were in pretty damn good control and continued to be the most threatening.

The manager is getting better, as is the team/squad. Change would be for changes sake.

You need to have seen some of my previous post to know my view on this. While i bore everyone else i explain it again for you. We do get pushed back, now it's a combination of things. The opposition coming out fired up, using a different system or tactics. And that show major flaws in Pardew's management. If it happened now and again as it does to most teams you wouldn't say much, but it happens to us time and time again.

Pardew doesn't know how to deal with it, poor substitiutions that give up more possession and ground are now the norm. The point people make is, it's not the fact it happens, it's the fact it happens time and time again. Also you seem to looking at just the results.

This is just my opinion but a manager who constantly talks the club and the team down, constantly talks of losing players. Says 'lets win for Mike'. Tells us it's our fault we lost a game, or the fact not enough turned up are the reason we lost a game, among many of his pathetic excuses.

But he made good substitutions yesterday, changed the game back in our favour, he's getting better it would appear.

I couldn't are less if he ate babies for tea if he continues to improve and we continue to play like we did yesterday.

Guest bimpy474

I don't understand the need to compare managers when trying to critique one.

Pardew couldn't hack having two games a week. It wasn't the travelling, it wasn't tired legs. It was the fact that Pardew and his staff clearly spend more time analysing other teams' strengths, as opposed to integrating a winning style in his own team. He couldn't hack the leg-work of doing that twice a week and we suffered from it. And it was the fact that Pardew drilled it into the squad that we couldn't cope. Even the likes of Krul, who typically was rested for the European games, was going on about how taxing a competition it was. Just nonsense, man.

Us not having the Europa League to deal with this season is a huge reason for why we've improved. Yes there are issues with the tournament's structure, but none that are troublesome enough to have forced us to finish 16th. We finished 16th cos Pardew is a pretty shite manager.

Agree with this, although i think we finished 16th more because of the style of football, that stuff just doesn't work anymore. It's why it's so lovely to see Fat Head struggle so much lately.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

But he made good substitutions yesterday, changed the game back in our favour, he's getting better it would appear.

I couldn't are less if he ate babies for tea if he continues to improve and we continue to play like we did yesterday.

I do, he's the manager of my true love. Rather that wasn't a monster like :lol:

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

How is a good first half and a dreadful second half classed as an improvement? How can bringing Ameobi off the bench for Anita be hailed as a good substitution?

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

Getting better my arse. He's exactly the same manager, the win was down to having better players and whoever persuaded Pardew that the long ball wasn't a good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the players who had input into that decision either.

Guest bimpy474

Did you see the state of West Ham yesterday? Yeah, drink that in - that's what he inherited from that fat f***ing fraud and had to turn around half way through a season. After the initial losing streak we actually went on a great fun, too.

Look, I get it, Keegan's first spell was amazing, miraculous even, but the unadulterated man-love that persists is pathetic.

Pardew is our manager for the foreseeable, the signs are good IMO, we are actually getting better. The once in a lifetime turnaround which was Keegan's first spell is not going to repeat itself, in fact it's rarely happened anywhere else (I can't even recall the like at all).

You've missed my point completely, but then you probably meant to. I don't think we're getting, really, any better or considerably worse to be honest since Pardew was appointed. We've had a few good streaks under him and some abhorrent ones to boot. Our record in the derby and cup games under this clown is pathetic, and due to a combination of injuries, luck, 'science' or whatever we'll probably never be good enough to win anything or bad enough to go down with the players we seem to be getting.

Keegan was a better manager and player than Pardew could ever hope to be. On one hand you have a guy who was out of the game for a while, inherited an under confident shambles of a squad from Sam fucking Allardyce and within a couple of months started turning it onto it's head completely in terms of tactics and player confidence. Here we have a bloke that's been in charge for a few years, has a technically sound collection of international players and still resorts to throwing on Shola. Fucking. Ameobi and benching one of the most naturally gifted footballers in Europe.

I do agree JS, but one thing is better. Take the first half yesterday, the football was some of the best i've seen under Pardew (three years down the line). While i detest him it would be daft not to say it.

Keegan was a better manager and player than Pardew could ever hope to be. On one hand you have a guy who was out of the game for a while, inherited an under confident shambles of a squad from Sam f***ing Allardyce and within a couple of months started turning it onto it's head completely in terms of tactics and player confidence. Here we have a bloke that's been in charge for a few years, has a technically sound collection of international players and still resorts to throwing on Shola. f***ing. Ameobi and benching one of the most naturally gifted footballers in Europe.

That substitution turned the game back in our favour, and we won, just because some hate Shola doesn't make bringing him on wrong, as was proven yesterday.

Using that substitution yesterday as a negative example is moronic.

We have more than competed with the top four this season head to head (apart from first game), we annihilated West Ham yesterday, away from home, and yet we're not getting better, Aye OK.

Your desire to see us fail, because you don't like certain personalities, is not matched by the evidence.

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

How is a good first half and a dreadful second half classed as an improvement? How can bringing Ameobi off the bench for Anita be hailed as a good substitution?

Did you see the game ???

We'd lost our stranglehold, he changed it with that substitution, and we were on top again, simples - match stats for the periods in question support that as well.

I found everything about the second half really predictable yesterday and although it's a hallmark of Pardew's time here I don't really blame him for it.

It's the way football works, even when there is a gulf in class you cannot dominate a game away from home for 90 minutes. City, Arsenal and Chelsea can't do it to us and we can't do it to West Ham or Palace. Our substitutions were predictable, I reckon I could have guessed the Shola and Ben Arfa ones to within 5 minutes but Dummet would have got me I must admit.

The dynamic of the game was bound to change with the timing of the West Ham goal and the introduction of Carroll. For that blame Taylor and Krul who were very poor for the goal and raised West Hams confidence and belief when they had looked a truly beaten side for 45 minutes.

If Pardew is going to be criticised (and boy he gets it by the shed load) then he must get some praise as well. For long periods yesterday our football was sublime, all pass and move, and he has an away record this season and particularly in London which would be the envy of many managers before him.

Keegan was a better manager and player than Pardew could ever hope to be. On one hand you have a guy who was out of the game for a while, inherited an under confident shambles of a squad from Sam f***ing Allardyce and within a couple of months started turning it onto it's head completely in terms of tactics and player confidence. Here we have a bloke that's been in charge for a few years, has a technically sound collection of international players and still resorts to throwing on Shola. f***ing. Ameobi and benching one of the most naturally gifted footballers in Europe.

We coped well enough with Europe last season after the signings we made in January, maintaining mid table form while contesting 3 sides against decent opposition in the knock out stages. This is what our form looked like:

WWLWLWLLWLDLDWL

Since then Cabaye and Tiote have regained form, we have added Remy, Debuchy has gone from liability to one of the better fullbacks in the league, and Sissoko, Gouffran, and Anita have continued to adapt to English football. On the other hand we haven't lost any vital players.

It's a better squad than we had 12 months ago, and it's producing far better performances. I can't see how anyone can deny this.

This is the side we put out at home to Everton on 2nd January last season:

Krul

Perch

Williamson

Coloccini

Santon

Tiote

Anita

Cisse

Marveaux

Obertan

Sh.Ameobi

Substitutes:

Bigirimana for Obertan (65)

Sa.Ameobi for Tiote (79)

Ranger for Perch (87)

Subs not used:

Elliot

Ferguson

Tavernier

Abeid

Perhaps the main reason we lost so many games between October and January last season wasn't so much because we had a s*** manager, but because the players we had available werent very good?

Guest bimpy474

Fergie ever called a fellow manager an "old cunt" ?

No but he had his teams go at ref on mass so they couldn't be sent off. Often screamed in ref's faces in their changing room. Just a big of a cunt like.