Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There are different levels of rubbish - I can recall various quarter finals, semi finals and finals we've got to since I was old enough to start following the club. I think Pardew has had 7 chances now and we've never made it past the second hurdle.

Guest neesy111

Even Souness got us to a semi-final and roeder into 2 1/4 finals.  We can't even get past the 4th round without being knocked out by some lower league team under Pardew.  Big contrast.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If the board aren't arsed about it how can you expect the players and management to be? Pardew hasn't started his strongest side in the cup once & we've done literally nothing in them, if the club were arsed surely he'd be bollocked for it & our priorities would change?

They said in the fans forum it wasn't a priority, it's just a shame they never published the fans reply,

The prize money for the league cup is £100'000. Mike Ashley wouldn't get out of his scratcher for that kind of money.

Guest neesy111

Even Souness got us to a semi-final and roeder into 2 1/4 finals.  We can't even get past the 4th round without being knocked out by some lower league team under Pardew.  Big contrast.

Last under 16 Roeder

1/4 final of FA Cup 05/06.

1/4 of league cup 06/07.

Last 16 of Europa League 06/07.

If the board aren't arsed about it how can you expect the players and management to be? Pardew hasn't started his strongest side in the cup once & we've done literally nothing in them, if the club were arsed surely he'd be bollocked for it & our priorities would change?

They said in the fans forum it wasn't a priority, it's just a shame they never published the fans reply,

The prize money for the league cup is £100'000. Mike Ashley wouldn't get out of his scratcher for that kind of money.

this post beggars belief, it's actually borderline unbelievable to me

Guest Haris Vuckic

What do you find unbelievable?

Sorry, I was being a bit uncharitable actually as I forgot about our Europa run last year, which was a canny effort and about par for what I'd expect or perhaps even a round further.

Still feel like the negative tactics 2nd leg against Benfica weren't necessary though - you'll never convince me that a 20 minute blast beats a concerted 90 minute effort as an approach because that's not the way I look at football.

:sadnod:

i find it staggering that a fan of a football team could write this, i believe a paying ST holder no less?

"how can we expect the players and management" to be bothered about playing in the cups?  holy fuck, because that's their job and 1,000's people come to watch the team try to win - the players i partially understand because they have the spectre of doom telling them how tired they are, how they can't compete, and that the cups aren't important...you're basically accepting that the man has no integrity as a football manager, you understand that right?

as for the bit in red, on top of acknowledging the man is a puppet/fraud you're also accepting he's a shit manager because when he changes the team in the cup we're essentially doomed to fail so his record goes - he's a manager who can only get a performance out of a tiny group of people, and that's if mike and joe tell him it's ok to do so

what do you think poyet would have done if ellis short had said the game at OT last night wasn't a priority?

i've never, in all my years of watching football, so much as heard of a manager who danced to the owners tune like pardew

it's fucking sickening

Guest Haris Vuckic

i find it staggering that a fan of a football team could write this, i believe a paying ST holder no less?

"how can we expect the players and management" to be bothered about playing in the cups?  holy f***, because that's their job and 1,000's people come to watch the team try to win - the players i partially understand because they have the spectre of doom telling them how tired they are, how they can't compete, and that the cups aren't important...you're basically accepting that the man has no integrity as a football manager, you understand that right?

as for the bit in red, on top of acknowledging the man is a puppet/fraud you're also accepting he's a s*** manager because when he changes the team in the cup we're essentially doomed to fail so his record goes - he's a manager who can only get a performance out of a tiny group of people, and that's if mike and joe tell him it's ok to do so

what do you think poyet would have done if ellis short had said the game at OT last night wasn't a priority?

i've never, in all my years of watching football, so much as heard of a manager who danced to the owners tune like pardew

it's f***ing sickening

Where was I excusing it?

I'm just telling you how it is. This is the reality and if you don't like it don't shoot the messenger. If you're staggered that I can comprehend how my football team works I'm equally staggered that you can't.

It's grim.

if you know anything abouy psychology or sport psychology  you just cant say that Pardew has nothing to do about it. and motivation isnt just about to tell someone to give it all. its more complex then that.

Where was I excusing it?

I'm just telling you how it is.

If the board aren't arsed about it how can you expect the players and management to be?

i'll hold my hands up if i misread this then because it sounds very much to me like you're excusing the players and manager from being arsed because the board are

Guest Haris Vuckic

Do you just want something to be angry at? There's a million and one basic work place analogies that could be used in this instance i.e project 1 carries incentive, project 2 you're told not to bother with but I really can't be arsed with you.

I feel you're wishing to paint me in a bad light Mojo.

Do you just want something to be angry at? There's a million and one basic work place analogies that could be used in this instance i.e project 1 carries incentive, project 2 you're told not to bother with but I really can't be arsed with you.

I feel you're wishing to paint me in a bad light Mojo.

i'm really not, i'm just bemused at how ok you are with pardew being so pliant

what grinds my gears as much as anything is he's remembered as a player for one thing as far as i know, scoring in the semi of the FA cup, i wonder if he looks back on that game as time he could have spent shopping with the wife instead, or just having a rest so palace could make sure they finished in a better spot that year?

i don't care about ashley or what he says to pardew, i care about how little integrity this man has that he bends so easily and ultimately denies his own players the chance of glory he had himself once upon a time

I don't really believe any manager, including Pardew of course, is 'OK' with going out of the cups early. They're just forced to operate in this modern football environment where everything is focussed on the PL and everything else has become progressively devalued.

Pardew might want to win a cup as bad as anything, but when it comes down to matchday he will still think "I can beat so-and-so team even if I save a few of the big lads for the next league game".

I don't really believe any manager, including Pardew of course, is 'OK' with going out of the cups early. They're just forced to operate in this modern football environment where everything is focussed on the PL and everything else has become progressively devalued.

Pardew might want to win a cup as bad as anything, but when it comes down to matchday he will still think "I can beat so-and-so team even if I save a few of the big lads for the next league game".

didn't seem to martinez or poyet tbh

didn't seem to martinez or poyet tbh

Do you disagree with the wider point though? Or can you just think of a couple of counter examples?

It pervades a lot of clubs and competitions now, the PL is everything to most clubs. The idea that every club gives a 100% to win every competition is just idealism and no longer corresponds to reality. Sad but true.

And still other clubs manage to get to quarter finals, semi finals, finals and even win cups.

This season's FA Cup was by far the worst betrayal so far in his tenure. He'd got us in a position where safety is virtually assured by January with a huge gap to 10th place and was still too fearful to put the real team out at home to Cardiff.