Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

You put Keegan in charge of this Newcastle team and we would have more points on the board now.

I have little doubt we would be in/around champions league. the sad thing is KK couldnt work with the idiots Ashley put above him. what a shame.

Keegan's second spell should show anyone we'd be more than likely be at the other end of the table tbh. P21 W6 D6 L9

He never really repeated his first spell with us anywhere.

Bit unfair to just ignore the squad/form he had to work with and the circumstances off the pitch.

Yet Pardew gets no such leeway.

It's a results business

I might be in the minority here but that's not how I view football.

I'm with you, performances and how football is played are important to me.

Guest neesy111

You put Keegan in charge of this Newcastle team and we would have more points on the board now.

I have little doubt we would be in/around champions league. the sad thing is KK couldnt work with the idiots Ashley put above him. what a shame.

Keegan's second spell should show anyone we'd be more than likely be at the other end of the table tbh. P21 W6 D6 L9

Bit unfair to just ignore the squad/form he had to work with and the circumstances off the pitch.

It's a results business

It's an entertainment business as well.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

Pardew knew the circumstances hence why he took the job as a failed manager of a League 1 club. Keegan was lied to. And you cant even begin to compare the state of the team Keegan had to the far superior squad Pardew has.

In short, you're wrong.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

I dont even look at it like that either (i know that's true mind). I'm the same from kids football to the very top. Football should be about passing it, movement, good to watch stuff. Which we did first half yesterday.

I really have no idea how anyone can enjoy what West Ham did second half, and what we did for most of last season. There's a place for a long pass in football, not a long hopeful punt imo.

It's a results business

Pardew knew the circumstances hence why he took the job as a failed manager of a League 1 club. Keegan was lied to. And you cant even begin to compare the state of the team Keegan had to the far superior squad Pardew has.

In short, you're wrong.

Of course I'm wrong I'm not an anti-Pardew zealot

It's a results business

You must have loved the game yesterday then.

Pardew gets no leeway because his short failings are rarely down to the squad he has at his disposal.

It's his inability to use then effectively. And as for it being a "results business", if every game was like that 1-0 down at Spurs, I'd go and support someit else.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

No, only about the comparisons with Keegan. Pardew on other things would be slightly different. I can't stand the defensive second half shit we always do. But you would have to be blind not to praise the first half, and our second goal was the best we've scored since the two breakaway goals at W.B.A. two seasons ago.

It's a results business

I dont even look at it like that either (i know that's true mind). I'm the same from kids football to the very top. Football should be about passing it, movement, good to watch stuff. Which we did first half yesterday.

I really have no idea how anyone can enjoy what West Ham did second half, and what we did for most of last season. There's a place for a long pass in football, not a long hopeful punt imo.

Why are you comparing last season to this, we're light-years better this season and have been since last January when the reinforcements arrived, we're bottom of the long ball table. We are improving all the time.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

You must have loved the game yesterday then.

First half was brilliant, second half was an expected defensive display that frustrates in the knowledge it doesn't have to be that way. Because our manager has no idea what to do when we get pushed back other than bringing on the worst striker in the Premiership. And by so doing, giving up even more possession.

Guest bimpy474

It's a results business

Why are you comparing last season to this, we're light-years better this season and have been since last January when the reinforcements arrived, we're bottom of the long ball table. We are improving all the time.

It's just my view about long ball, but twist it to suit your own point.

It's a results business

In short, you're wrong.

No, only about the comparisons with Keegan. Pardew on other things would be slightly different. I can't stand the defensive second half s*** we always do. But you would have to be blind not to praise the first half, and our second goal was the best we've scored since the two breakaway goals at W.B.A. two seasons ago.

We didn't go defensive, see my post way above, we were put on the back foot, it happens in virtually all premiership games every team has a "spell", manager changed it and we were the most dangerous of the two teams again and we won again.

I am ingrained as a decades old Newcastle fan to expect us to cock it up from winning/being the better team positions but we're actually getting better at not doing it.

The view that the Anita/Shola substitution was a defensive step is nonsense, the game I watched just doesn't back that up, WHU had a couple of chances but apart from the 47th - 60th minute we were in pretty damn good control and continued to be the most threatening.

The manager is getting better, as is the team/squad. Change would be for changes sake.

Ignoring who the manager is I would much rather see us being battered for 89 minutes but win 1-0 than us playing really well and lose or draw.

Getting back to who the manager is I would love us to have the mentality that we have to hurt the opposition as much as possible. Score 1 and get the second, score 2 and get the third rather than score and try and make sure they don't.

It's a results business

It's just my view about long ball, but twist it to suit your own point.

We neither statistically nor visually play hoofball. I just don't see why this nonsense is perpetuated. (well I do because of the ingrained agenda on here).

I am totally ambivalent towards Pardew, but I believe he's getting better and certainly results, and latterly performances, would support that.

Ignoring who the manager is I would much rather see us being battered for 89 minutes but win 1-0 than us playing really well and lose or draw.

Getting back to who the manager is I would love us to have the mentality that we have to hurt the opposition as much as possible. Score 1 and get the second, score 2 and get the third rather than score and try and make sure they don't.

We had that mentality yesterday

wrt yesterday are some people not ignoring how fucking appalling west ham were in their discussion and analysis?  pardew's consistent 2nd half mentality just invites teams like that to play above what they were and to put ourselves under pressure, god he's a fucking horrible manager

if i was the manager of an opposing team i'd be telling my players to make sure they're within 2 goals if at all possible because anyone watching us on a semi-regular basis will know he's going to withdraw our attacking intent in some way, shape or form

the lack of variation from the man is truly awful

wrt yesterday are some people not ignoring how f***ing appalling west ham were in their discussion and analysis?  pardew's consistent 2nd half mentality just invites teams like that to play above what they were and to put ourselves under pressure, god he's a f***ing horrible manager

if i was the manager of an opposing team i'd be telling my players to make sure they're within 2 goals if at all possible because anyone watching us on a semi-regular basis will know he's going to withdraw our attacking intent in some way, shape or form

the lack of variation from the man is truly awful

He didn't do that yesterday, you believe he will/want him to, ergo it's a fact, it's actually bollocks.

Guest neesy111

Give him two games a week to contend with again; then I'll determine whether or not he's improved. I bet he hasn't.

Has Laudrup regressed ???

Laudrup has a trophy on his CV for starters.