Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I take your point, but there are always 11 players on a pitch. 11 professionals. 11 Men.

If they need a puppet master to motivate them to do their jobs well, well then..........

Good point!

That's why people who are good at motivating others ar held in such disregard. There's just no need!

How are you motivated to do your job?

Im not saying a good half time team talk doesnt have an effect.

What im saying is, so does your MASSIVE salary, your MASSIVE bonuses, a big crowd, and most importantly, you should be motivated as a professional.

Said more simply. There are 12 people to blame for our exit. Not 1.

I take your point, but there are always 11 players on a pitch. 11 professionals. 11 Men.

If they need a puppet master to motivate them to do their jobs well, well then..........

Good point!

That's why people who are good at motivating others ar held in such disregard. There's just no need!

What im saying is, so does your MASSIVE salary, your MASSIVE bonuses, a big crowd, and most importantly, you should be motivated as a professional.

Sport psychology not a strong point for you then?

Good point!

Ok, you're right. The players have nothing to do with it. Football is just like playing Fifa, with 1 man solely responsible for success. Apologies

I'm not, personally.

Do you have kids?

:lol: where's this going?  i've hated my job for the last 1.5 years, absolutely hated it, but it pays well and kids are fucking expensive

not sure how that helps pardew not being able to get a team to bother their arse in cup games tbh

Good point!

Ok, you're right. The players have nothing to do with it. Football is just like playing Fifa, with 1 man solely responsible for success. Apologies

Dear me.

Good point!

Dear me.

Dear me.

Good point!

:lol:

No. We both know neither of us has said anything like that or pointed to either extreme.

If the players occasionally had put in somewhat ineffectual displays, especially against 'lesser sides' we could probably point to their complacency. As it's been a feature since Pardew took over, no matter who the players have been, the weight of probability points to a leader who isn't very motivational. And that's important. SAF wasn't (apparently) the greatest tactician, he chose good coaches for that, but he definitely knew how to get his players incredibily hungry for victory and to remain focused on winning.

I'm not, personally.

Do you have kids?

:lol: where's this going?  i've hated my job for the last 1.5 years, absolutely hated it, but it pays well and kids are f***ing expensive

not sure how that helps pardew not being able to get a team to bother their arse in cup games tbh

:lol: it had nothing to do with football. Was just wondering if Polic had bairns as that's probs on of the few things that motivates me at work. Keeping them fed, clothed and sheltered!

Gracefully step out at this point. Obviously in the minority here thinking players are as much to blame for our cup exit.

Every year? The way we do? Like a damp squib? With different players each time?

Good point!

No. We both know neither of us has said anything like that or pointed to either extreme.

If the players occasionally had put in somewhat ineffectual displays, especially against 'lesser sides' we could probably point to their complacency. As it's been a feature since Pardew took over, no matter who the players have been, the weight of probability points to a leader who isn't very motivational. And that's important. SAF wasn't (apparently) the greatest tactician, he chose good coaches for that, but he definitely knew how to get his players incredibily hungry for victory and to remain focused on winning.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think what you are saying is that Pardew has a VERY NEGATIVE effect on motivation/morale in cup games, because the players baseline level for a cup game should be highly motivated, given their role, their salary, their bonuses and thousands of fans singing their names.......................... RIGHT?

Good point!

I understand where you are coming from, but I think what you are saying is that Pardew has a VERY NEGATIVE effect on motivation/morale in cup games, because the players baseline level for a cup game should be highly motivated, given their role, their salary, their bonuses and thousands of fans singing their names.......................... RIGHT?

I wish the salaries were more of a motivator but i think, in effect, it does the opposite. They earn so much that glory isn't really important anymore. You can finish your career so rich that you don't care how you're remembered.

Gracefully step out at this point. Obviously in the minority here thinking players are as much to blame for our cup exit.

Every year? The way we do? Like a damp squib? With different players each time?

:thup:

No matter who the players are, the message from the top is the same. Not a priority. It's had very predictable results.

We weren't that awesome in the cups before Pardew TBF. His tenure really isn't long enough to provide any kind of sample for decent analysis.

That said, I do agree we should be focusing on winning a cup much more than we are.

It's telling that it has been against lower league opposition all too often under Pardew. That second Brighton game, I just knew we were onto a loser with that team. Theres no excuse for it.

We weren't that awesome in the cups before Pardew TBF. His tenure really isn't long enough to provide any kind of sample for decent analysis.

I was gonna laugh at this but it's not even worth it.

We haven't played enough cup ties in his tenure to provide any kind of sample for decent analysis.