Spurs Away Support

Disco

avoiding the question as per usual. Normal services resumed.

Just because I had a photograph of idiots throwing chairs in Frankfurt as my avatar (good chance of them being fans fans of Tottenham, Chelsea or fuckin West Ham), does that mean I'm Harry the fuckin Dog or Paul Dodd?!?!?

In the history of the internet, I don't think there has been a bigger mong than you son.  Please do one.

The capacity of White Hart Lane since April 1998 36,260

98/99 13 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,174 -

99/00 10 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,912 - 28,107 v Newcastle :lol:

00/01 9 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,195

01/02 8 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,001

02/03 6 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,897

03/04 13 gates under 36,000 - average gate 34,876

04/05 10 gates under 36,000 - average gate 35,926

05/06 3 gates under 36,000 - average gate 36,074

06/07 8 home games played 4 under 36,000 - which is equal to "half the time you can't even get 36,000"

Not that I give a shit about this incredibly puerile argument, but you could point out that if the capacity is 36,000 and the average for that season is over 35,000, then it is pretty much safe to say that every game was either close enough to a sellout to actually be one (ie 35,900 is a sell out effectively) or there were games when away teams didnt fill their allocation.

not really as you have to remember that because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

But not that many, as the attendance can never be above 36000 - so for the average to be almost 36k, the lowest gates must have been still quite close to that, or the average would be much lower. If you get my drift.

Not that I care about their attendances, my main objection to Spurs fans is one half decent season and they think they're Barcelona all of a sudden.

You're pretty well spot on regarding the attendances, Spurs report attendances on bodies going through the gates, not tickets sold, so the money is received even though there might not be a bum on the seat.  Matthew Collecott, the Finance Director said in the Annual Accounts published today "FA Premier League gate receipts increased by 4%, which reflects increases in ticket prices rather than capacity as we invariably play to a full house. The ongoing challenge remains maximising the number of ways we utilise the Stadium as season tickets have remained at record levels and the waiting list is ever increasing and heads towards 20,000."

http://admin.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/prelimresultsdec8.doc

Can't honestly agree that Spurs fans, generally speaking, think we are anywhere near Barcelona, EPL Top 4 etc, most are realistic to accept that we are probably at least 3 years away from making a serious challenge on the top 4, let alone Barcelona!  I'd happily settle for a top 6 finish this season, although I think we'll come up short tbh.

The figures were for last season, and as I previously pointed out that was the first season you consistently managed to fill your little ground.  You were in the top 4 for most of the season, so you fuckin should!  This season the demand has went down yet again, despite being unbeaten at home, and you're now down to the 2004 levels of 34,000 again i.e Boro.

"I'd happily settle for a top 6 finish this season, although I think we'll come up short tbh."

I agree I think you'll be back at your natural level this season 10-14th, which indeed I predicted before a ball was kicked.

Guest kingdawson

06/07 8 home games played 4 under 36,000 - which is equal to "half the time you can't even get 36,000"

Not that I give a shit about this incredibly puerile argument, but you could point out that if the capacity is 36,000 and the average for that season is over 35,000, then it is pretty much safe to say that every game was either close enough to a sellout to actually be one (ie 35,900 is a sell out effectively) or there were games when away teams didnt fill their allocation.

not really as you have to remember that because it is an average then there has to be a good few games where the actual attendance is below even that.

But not that many, as the attendance can never be above 36000 - so for the average to be almost 36k, the lowest gates must have been still quite close to that, or the average would be much lower. If you get my drift.

Not that I care about their attendances, my main objection to Spurs fans is one half decent season and they think they're Barcelona all of a sudden.

You're pretty well spot on regarding the attendances, Spurs report attendances on bodies going through the gates, not tickets sold, so the money is received even though there might not be a bum on the seat.  Matthew Collecott, the Finance Director said in the Annual Accounts published today "FA Premier League gate receipts increased by 4%, which reflects increases in ticket prices rather than capacity as we invariably play to a full house. The ongoing challenge remains maximising the number of ways we utilise the Stadium as season tickets have remained at record levels and the waiting list is ever increasing and heads towards 20,000."

Can't honestly agree that Spurs fans, generally speaking, think we are anywhere near Barcelona, EPL Top 4 etc, most are realistic to accept that we are probably at least 3 years away from making a serious challenge on the top 4, let alone Barcelona!  I'd happily settle for a top 6 finish this season, although I think we'll come up short tbh.

The figures were for last season, and as I previously pointed out that was the first season you consistently managed to fill your little ground. You were in the top 4 for most of the season, so you fuckin should! This season the demand has went down yet again, despite being unbeaten at home, and you're now down to the 2004 levels of 34,000 again i.e Boro.

"I'd happily settle for a top 6 finish this season, although I think we'll come up short tbh."

I agree I think you'll be back at your natural level this season 10-14th, which indeed I predicted before a ball was kicked.

Just to point out, you lied again. We lost to Everton this season at home. Compulsive lying disorder hits stevie yet again.

The figures were for last season, and as I previously pointed out that was the first season you consistently managed to fill your little ground. You were in the top 4 for most of the season, so you fuckin should! This season the demand has went down yet again, despite being unbeaten at home, and you're now down to the 2004 levels of 34,000 again i.e Boro.

Just to point out, you lied again. We lost to Everton this season at home. Compulsive lying disorder hits stevie yet again.

Ah yes, I stand corrected, that was when LEON OSMAN and PHIL NEVILLE ripped you to shreds  :thup: :lol:

The figures were for last season, and as I previously pointed out that was the first season you consistently managed to fill your little ground.  You were in the top 4 for most of the season, so you fuckin should!  This season the demand has went down yet again, despite being unbeaten at home, and you're now down to the 2004 levels of 34,000 again i.e Boro.

Demand for tickets isn't going down, still as high as before. 

With regard to Spurs' finishing position, I wasn't thinking of 10-14th, more like 7th or possibly 8th.  Still, your prediction may turn out to be accurate, time will tell.  Out of curiosity, when you made your prediction about Spurs before a ball was kicked, did you make a similar prediction about Newcastle?

Guest kingdawson

kingdawson could you tell me what the champions league is like?

Firstly i need to make sure you're not another hooligan idolising, constantly lying, cry baby complaining, moderator pestering poster?

kingdawson could you tell me what the champions league is like?

Firstly i need to make sure you're not another hooligan idolising, constantly lying, cry baby complaining, moderator pestering poster?

:lol:  oh for God's sake, belt up - do you realise how pathetic that sounds?

With regard to Spurs' finishing position, I wasn't thinking of 10-14th, more like 7th or possibly 8th.  Still, your prediction may turn out to be accurate, time will tell.  Out of curiosity, when you made your prediction about Spurs before a ball was kicked, did you make a similar prediction about Newcastle?

My main prediction was we'd finish above Tottenham, and I put an open bet to anyone that wanted it that I'd give you a 5 point start.  I stand by that.  If we beat Blackburn we could be 6 points off a CL spot with a game in hand.

34,000 is not selling out.

BTW what does your 'double figures' text refer to below your name?

Well seeing as though Jenas is in the picture, double figures might be the amount of male sexual partners he's had in his 15 months in London.

Guest kingdawson

dont know, someone else put it up (one of the mods). Think it's about me hoping Jenas's goal tally would reach double figures by the time the seasons over.

Guest kingdawson

My main prediction was we'd finish above Tottenham, and I put an open bet to anyone that wanted it that I'd give you a 5 point start. I stand by that. If we beat Blackburn we could be 6 points off a CL spot with a game in hand.

WOW and IF we beat Charlton we COULD be tied 3rd. See how ridiculous that sounds.

My main prediction was we'd finish above Tottenham, and I put an open bet to anyone that wanted it that I'd give you a 5 point start. I stand by that. If we beat Blackburn we could be 6 points off a CL spot with a game in hand.

WOW and IF we beat Charlton we COULD be tied 3rd. See how ridiculous that sounds.

At least you concede Tottenham and third sounds ridiculous.

Guest kingdawson

No whats ridiculous is you going on about ' IF we do this' and 'we COULD end up here'. You sound almost laughable. Well actually a lot of things you type make you sound laughable.

Guest kingdawson

The point he's making is that despite how crap we've been so far, we're still only a couple of wins behind you lot.

Thats fantastic. Well i could also say that weve also had a terrible start and we havent won a single game away from home yet we still find ourselves 6 points ahead of you.

My main prediction was we'd finish above Tottenham, and I put an open bet to anyone that wanted it that I'd give you a 5 point start.  I stand by that.  If we beat Blackburn we could be 6 points off a CL spot with a game in hand.

Selling 34000 tickets I agree is not selling out.

Having an official attendance (through the gate, not tickets sold which may have made the figure higher) of 34154 then add back the 1183 tickets returned by Boro, a total of 35337, suggests that the match was still very close to being sold out.  Not overly optimistic about Newcastle beating Blackburn but would be pleasantly surprised if you did.  The game in hand is against Chelsea and I am even less optimistic about Newcastle getting 3 points from that match.