Defeat vs Reading =?

Newcastle Fan

Guest theunis

Also thinking ur jumping the gun here atm. Yes we are low and we are not performing, but things have been looking better. We have had injury worries, Rouder has been useless(especialy transfer window, except Sibi) but sacking him will do more harm. I dont think he will get the sack any time this season or not before at least 25 games have been played in the Prem.

As for our players going i just hope they love us too much all we can do is hope

I don't understand the point of this thread. We haven't lost to Reading. What the hells the point in talking about what would happen if we do?

Should Roeder be sacked? No

Will we sell in January? Luque and maybe Bramble... no more. Roeder has said as much.

Will we get through December to a decent level? In my opinion yes (this will change to "maybe" if Dyer gets injured)

End of story.

And "Soccer Master", please stop calling Luque a good player. I've watched every single game he's played in (either live or on TV), and he has shown nothing - barring the goal he scored in early rounds of the Intertoto (can't remember the opposition) - to even hint that he's a good player.

He has every right to say Luque is a good player, because he actually is. FACT!

talks are that:

Zoggy moves to arsenal

Milner to villa,denied but i really can see him leaving if we finish december at a bad postion

Parker to united,instead of Hargreaves,might just happen if he see's no hope and some of u lot keep booing him every game

Emre is linked to many clubs,he might also leave if he see's no hope in europe next season

Remember that any player could leave if we just finish mid season in the relegation zone,they are all more then ready to leave because they are big players and big champions league side's want to them,so why waste next season in a relegation-battling side..

All these "talks" where have they come from. By the way Tribal Footbll doesn't count.

PS Given the logic that you believe these talks are to be true do we also assume that Shevchenko will be arriving on loan for 5 months then?

i sure hope we win but IF we somehow manage to lose to reading tommorw

that will end our so called "unbeaten run",and might put us as 19th..

our overall peformence is still extremely horrible,don't be fooled by the 2 wins and few draws we managed in our last games,we are still 18th,struggling for relegation,something we didnt even have to think about till this season (that and roeders amazing recored of finishing 7th as care taker,relegating as permenet manager)

the question is simple:

Should we sack roeder if we lose tommorw?

Sacking a manager based on the result of one game is idiotic. There are many things that can affect the outcome of a single game including plain old luck.

It should be done on a much more scientific basis like the actim stats for players are done. Something like:

possession % * shots on target / (opposition corners + goals)

• < 30 - Sack him now
  • < 50 - Sack him after christmas
  • <100 - Keep him on until the end of the season
  • >= 100 - Give him a 10 year contract

PS Could you please explain what a real "unbeaten run" is so I don't get it mixed up with a "so called" one again. Cheers.

i mean its one shitty unbeaten run

did it convince you that in it we where a brilliant team who totaly deserved it?

coz for me it was us scrapping our way throw out this unbeaten run

an unbeaten run i trashing and smashing every team if you are a team as big as newcastle

or managing not to be defeated (wich we did) if your a team as small as sheff united (premiership small)

everyday i see roeder treat our club as we are a newely promted side who wants to acheave at best a mid table place,not a team that b4 he came had the objective of reaching the champions league..

Running a company is about making big decisions, not about ohhing and ahhing. If it was me he would be fired straight after the game if we lose.

Correction I would fire him in front of the players and no messing. blueyes.gif bluebiggrin.gif

i mean its one shitty unbeaten run

did it convince you that in it we where a brilliant team who totaly deserved it?

coz for me it was us scrapping our way throw out this unbeaten run

an unbeaten run i trashing and smashing every team if you are a team as big as newcastle

or managing not to be defeated (wich we did) if your a team as small as sheff united (premiership small)

everyday i see roeder treat our club as we are a newely promted side who wants to acheave at best a mid table place,not a team that b4 he came had the objective of reaching the champions league..

An unbeaten run is a run of games where you are not beaten................

and it was quite a while before he came here that we was a realistic champs league team, like mid sbr era!