Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Spoke to my Dad who I go with and he's not renewing so I reckon I'll follow suit.

Shame, but I can definitely see Rafa getting absolutely shafted this over the next five weeks until the deadline.

Appears that approaches have been made for Townsend, Kenedy, Stufaro and Allasane Plea form Nice have all been made. Very little all summer and now this!

I've also noticed it's season ticket deadline day today as well.

Guest neesy111

Spoke to my Dad who I go with and he's not renewing so I reckon I'll follow suit.

Shame, but I can definitely see Rafa getting absolutely shafted this over the next five weeks until the deadline.

Appears that approaches have been made for Townsend, Kenedy, Stufaro and Allasane Plea form Nice have all been made. Very little all summer and now this!

I've also noticed it's season ticket deadline day today as well.

And it's Sky who are making most the noise about this?  The same Sky that have many clients of Keith Bishop on their books.  :hmm:

Is anyone actually going to base their decision on whether they get a season ticket on who we 'might' be buying though? I mean really?

"See Sky are saying we're linked with a player I've never heard of for £27m, so that's me away to spunk £600-£700 on a season ticket".

I can't believe stories like this genuinely influence anyone's thinking?

Guest neesy111

Is anyone actually going to base their decision on whether they get a season ticket on who we 'might' be buying though? I mean really?

"See Sky are saying we're linked with a player I've never heard of for £27m, so that's me away to spunk £600-£700 on a season ticket".

Some will be affected, be the club using nudge theory.

I think you miss my point. I'm stating that we're suddenly being strongly linked with all these players after a very quiet summer just as the season ticket renewal deadline is approaching and season tickets will be put on general sale.

They've been doing this for years and no doubt this is where Keith Bishop is at his busiest. Less and less people will be falling for it though.

I'm not denying it might well be going on, i'm just asking what's the point? I mean if it was something ridiculous, but perhaps just about believable, like, say Torres, for a random example, perhaps a (very) few might think 'wow we're getting Torres, i'll buy a season ticket'.

But some bloke 95% of the wider fanbase have never heard of? Nah, I can't believe that story sells one extra season ticket.

I'm not denying it might well be going on, i'm just asking what's the point? I mean if it was something ridiculous, but perhaps just about believable, like, say Torres, for a random example, perhaps a (very) few might think 'wow we're getting Torres, i'll buy a season ticket'.

But some bloke 95% of the wider fanbase have never heard of? Nah, I can't believe that story sells one extra season ticket.

People are saying they won't buy a season ticket because they are seeing no investment in the squad. Nobody is asking for a marquee signing. People are just wanting money invested into the squad, and Rafa backed properly before they invest their own money into it. I don't know of anyone who says they won't renew unless we sign a really top name.

Unless the policy has changed since last year they will not sell your ticket until September unless you tell them you will not be renewing. This happened to me last year as my wife moved to mine from the family enclosure and i wanted the one behind. They would'nt let me have it until word was passed to him asking him to let them know his intentions. Fortunately he did this in time for the start of the season.

I would prefer to pay installments as it's interest free but plan to wait and see what happens. I'll just have to pay the lot upfront. Knowing my luck we'll spend a shitload and i'll find out they changed the policy and sold my seat!

Fans should really be able to have a much better idea who their players and manager are before they invest so much money. It’s such a big gamble to ask people to take.

Agree with this. I keep all my old season tickets in a drawer and they first one i ever bought was for the 1991/92 season when Ardiles was manager. The price was £45 for a 23 game season. Yes we were poor (although that season was pretty enjoyable if not a bit tense at the end!) but the financial outlay was small as well. If I'd renewed for this season it would have cost me £628 which is a huge financial commitment for many people, especially in our part of the country, when you don't even know if Rafa will hang around if by September he's been shafted again.

Guest chopey

Is the fact that Rafa is still here not an indication of his commitment ? At least for 18/19 season

Guest neesy111

Is the fact that Rafa is still here not an indication of his commitment ? At least for 18/19 season

He has to pay Mike Ashley £3m if he quits before the end of his contract.

My Dad changed his mind.  Lets go Toons!

My Dad changed his mind.  Lets go Toons!

Nice one mate! Gutted I haven't renewed but £628 was just a bit too much for me.

Trying to renew now and it's saying no subscription to renew?? Any ideas?

I get a the following message when I try and renew...

Error

No subscriptions to renew

I definitely re-registered when asked to as well. Anyone else stuck at this stage?

Hi Dr Spaceman, I had the same issue. It wouldn't let me link the account for a while, but it worked after I tried this, which was suggested by Jan at the box office:

You need to log in to your account and remove the new account you created, you can do this from book.nufc.co.uk and where it says 'not you' click there.

After I did that it let me link to my previous account, and then the renewal worked

Trying to renew now and it's saying no subscription to renew?? Any ideas?

I get a the following message when I try and renew...

Error

No subscriptions to renew

I definitely re-registered when asked to as well. Anyone else stuck at this stage?

Hi Dr Spaceman, I had the same issue. It wouldn't let me link the account for a while, but it worked after I tried this, which was suggested by Jan at the box office:

You need to log in to your account and remove the new account you created, you can do this from book.nufc.co.uk and where it says 'not you' click there.

After I did that it let me link to my previous account, and then the renewal worked

Cheers, but still no joy..