Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

I finally gave in after all my son's nagging and bought the dad's and lads season ticket (£465) I hope I don't regret it.

I gave up my season ticket a year and a half ago and it's still there, unsold. Gallowgate End, man. FFS, there used to be waiting lists as long as your arm...

Seat is probably still buckled ;)

I gave up my season ticket a year and a half ago and it's still there, unsold. Gallowgate End, man. FFS, there used to be waiting lists as long as your arm...

Seat is probably still buckled ;)

:pow: :lol:

If you have a look at availability for the Southampton game it's clear there's tonnes of seats available in the platinum club, sports bar etc. But they're holding them back for some reason. The more expensive seat too?

If you have a look at availability for the Southampton game it's clear there's tonnes of seats available in the platinum club, sports bar etc. But they're holding them back for some reason. The more expensive seat too?

Is it not for the tie in with Thomas Cook?

?????

?????

Basically the club are making a big push to get overseas fans to games and are doing package deals with Thomas Cook. For example rather than let the Sunderland and Manchester United games go to general sale to locals they are holding them back for tour packages.

They sell them to DFDS Seaways because there's loads of Dutch come over for our home games and they're sold as a ticket/ferry/hotel package. A load of Platinum Club tickets are sold to them. With 5 Dutch players and a half Dutch manager now I'd expect these packages to be more popular than ever for the coming season.

I still have no idea how that works but it's a reason why you'd be holding seats back. And there must be a reason.

That and there's so many people packed in that to make it look more attractive you make it appear that quantity is limited.

Sony and Nintendo pull the same trick every time they release a console.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone took the plunge and renewed?

If so, did you keep or lose any loyalty points?

Anyone making the effort first time?

No. Someone previously pointed out in this thread that loyalty points are reactivated when you buy a season ticket though.

Our friend who cancelled at the same time as us (just before the end of the season) renewed the other day. :facepalm: I've not spoken to him to ask about loyalty points but he'd have only had one or two anyway. They did say they'd take the £150 he'd already paid in direct debits before cancelling from the price though.

Our friend who cancelled at the same time as us (just before the end of the season) renewed the other day. :facepalm: I've not spoken to him to ask about loyalty points but he'd have only had one or two anyway. They did say they'd take the £150 he'd already paid in direct debits before cancelling from the price though.

Can see a few people doing this as the first game approaches, particularly if we sign a couple more. Can almost guarantee they'll regret it after about 20 mins of the Southampton game :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Can see a few people doing this as the first game approaches, particularly if we sign a couple more. Can almost guarantee they'll regret it after about 20 mins of the Southampton game :lol:

Honestly cant think of any sane reason to renew before 1 Sept(well personally ever under Ashley) until we know who is here and/or left.