Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why were they so keen to get rid, I thought he was supposed to be one of their better players and a squad captain, or vice captain.

If it was my club, I'd also be very keen to get the cunt out the door, but judging from our games against them he's hardly the only one with attitude issues.

Guest neesy111

Why were they so keen to get rid, I thought he was supposed to be one of their better players and a squad captain, or vice captain.

If it was my club, I'd also be very keen to get the cunt out the door, but judging from our games against them he's hardly the only one with attitude issues.

Out of contract in the summer.

Guest firetotheworks

They'd be daft to sell for anything less than a world record fee tbh. Obviously not because he's worth it, but because any contract that he signs with another club would have Sunderland's Premier League suicide note as the copy paper.

If they were to sell him, it'd need to be for a ridiculous sum, something that would guarantee them to get a class striker in and another couple of good players for it to be worth it. Talk of bids of £6m sounds ridiculous, surely it won't even be tempting to sell at that price? Meanwhile, because of his age, I can see why clubs wouldn't pay more than around £10m for him, which is why I think he'll be staying.

If Defoe puts pressure on Sunderland himself to leave then they wont be able to command a big fee for him.  It all comes down to how loyal and what sort of morals Defoe has as a person.

Guest firetotheworks

If they were to sell him, it'd need to be for a ridiculous sum, something that would guarantee them to get a class striker in and another couple of good players for it to be worth it. Talk of bids of £6m sounds ridiculous, surely it won't even be tempting to sell at that price? Meanwhile, because of his age, I can see why clubs wouldn't pay more than around £10m for him, which is why I think he'll be staying.

Exactly, no one will pay what he's worth to them. He's nigh on priceless to them, but objectively probably worth around £5-£10m

If Defoe puts pressure on Sunderland himself to leave then they wont be able to command a big fee for him.  It all comes down to how loyal and what sort of morals Defoe has as a person.

Morals you know. Sunderland are his employers. If he was pap, they would try to shift him.. If he wants to push a move through it doesn't reflect negatively on his morals.

Morals you know. Sunderland are his employers. If he was pap, they would try to shift him.. If he wants to push a move through it doesn't reflect negatively on his morals.

If he pushes a move through he could essentially be sending Sunderland down, 6 million gets you nothing these days.

He just signed a new contract in the summer so even if he does try to push a move through, the ball is still firmly in Sunderland's court. At best, I could see them making a gentleman's agreement with him that if he agrees to stay till the summer and they stay up, they'll grant him his move then, a bit like Cabaye with us if rumours are to be believed.

If he pushes a move through he could essentially be sending Sunderland down, 6 million gets you nothing these days.

So? They should run their club better.

So? They should run their club better.

CDT has no heart.

What the actual fuck

Shanghai SIPG have offered €150m to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund with annual wages of €41m [@tancredipalmeri]

edit: or is tancredi palmeri one of the shit ones? I can't keep up with who's credible these days