Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I think it's fair to say he never reached his true potential, but he's still had a very good career.

:thup: He basically ended up as a very rich man's Colback despite showing huge potential early on.

I'd argue this kind of helps make Kaka's point tbh. :lol:

So Dembele, Hogan and Defoe then [emoji38]

So fucking obvious. They were probably sat there thinking 'let's give them a little bit of information, but not too much, we don't want everyone guessing straight away.'

West Ham love nothing more than bidding for players who play the same position who have totally different attributes from each other. Such an odd club.

Who do we want? Jan Koller. He says 'nyet'. Who next? Bojan! He says 'nada'. Who next? Odion Ighalo...

How odd. :lol:

Aside from the transfer stuff:

There has also been some speculation about Michail Antonio leaving this month for one of the Premier League’s top six, but my understanding is that the Club will not sell their leading goalscorer.

Antonio signed a new contract last summer and will be offered an improved deal at the end of the season if the outstanding form he has shown in the first half of this season continues.

So fucking weird.

I think it's fair to say he never reached his true potential, but he's still had a very good career.

:thup: He basically ended up as a very rich man's Colback despite showing huge potential early on.

I'd argue this kind of helps make Kaka's point tbh. :lol:

I completely understand Kaka's point and kinda agree, he was the great hope for Nigeria and became just a boring defensive midfielder.

Don't be ridiculous.

What did he contribute to any of those titles?

I hate it when people use that logic. It's stupid.

Chelsea fans don't care a damn for Obi Mikel, because he was a nothing player for them. Wasted his talent sitting on the bench.

I honestly do not know what manner of f***ing rubbish you are talking now. The guy has toiled for his cause under a litany of different managers and made 30+ appearances in all but one season (including the previous one). He has never been a bit-part player, and at worst was someone who was used situationally and served his purpose extremely well. Nigerians have some festishistic vision of him being this world beating #10 because of one tournament they watched in 2005, but in reality he is a lumbering giant who has leveraged his physical strength, remarkable composure, and intelligent understanding of the game into a brilliant career at the highest level.

In addition to winning everything there is possible to win as a Premiership footballer, he has served his country manfully over the course of twelve years, despite still being in his twenties. When Nigeria has asked him to play #10, he did it. When Naija have asked to sit back he has done this too. When NFF stranded his team in Atlanta, he paid bills and stood up for his teammates. But people are never satisfied. For Mikel the man, I have no problem with this move. He is happy with a full trophy case, a sexually attractive Russian wife, and two young children. As someone that supports Nigerian football, it would be a shame to see our best player, the leader of a young national team (someone that the likes of Iheanacho and Iwobi look up to and admire), and a brilliant ambassador for our football willfully marginalise himself. On that front, I can only hope these are false reports.

The fact is we will never know what Obi Mikel could have become because he settled for far less than he should have. I cannot accept the idea that because he ended up bumming it at Chelsea that the performance at that tournament in 2005 was some sort of fluke. I will not accept that.

The real shame is we will never truly know because he put himslef in a bad situation at Chelsea who didn't really have a place for him in the team. At Man United at the time their midfield vacancies at least presented the opportunity for him to show and prove.

Yes, Mikel is a good guy, and I will never dispute that. From a purely footballing point of view though, he settled for far less than he should have. He could have even left Chelsea at around 26 or 27 and yet still remained playing that pathetic bit role of shoring up games as a basic DM.

Not good enough for me. Just not good enough. His mindset from the outset showed that he didn't really have the desire, by that whole shady move to Chelsea from Man U. This is the biggest issue for me. Good luck to him though, but he is certainly not one of our sporting heroes at all.

Don't be ridiculous.

Chelsea fans don't care a damn for Obi Mikel, because he was a nothing player for them. Wasted his talent sitting on the bench.

I honestly do not know what manner of f***ing rubbish you are talking now. The guy has toiled for his cause under a litany of different managers and made 30+ appearances in all but one season (including the previous one). He has never been a bit-part player, and at worst was someone who was used situationally and served his purpose extremely well. Nigerians have some festishistic vision of him being this world beating #10 because of one tournament they watched in 2005, but in reality he is a lumbering giant who has leveraged his physical strength, remarkable composure, and intelligent understanding of the game into a brilliant career at the highest level.

In addition to winning everything there is possible to win as a Premiership footballer, he has served his country manfully over the course of twelve years, despite still being in his twenties. When Nigeria has asked him to play #10, he did it. When Naija have asked to sit back he has done this too. When NFF stranded his team in Atlanta, he paid bills and stood up for his teammates. But people are never satisfied. For Mikel the man, I have no problem with this move. He is happy with a full trophy case, a sexually attractive Russian wife, and two young children. As someone that supports Nigerian football, it would be a shame to see our best player, the leader of a young national team (someone that the likes of Iheanacho and Iwobi look up to and admire), and a brilliant ambassador for our football willfully marginalise himself. On that front, I can only hope these are false reports.

:lol:

Don't be ridiculous.

http://i.imgur.com/b7pOX75.jpg