Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Callum McManaman has gone to Sheff Wed.

Good, didn't like the bullshit rumours that he might be coming here.

He may be a c**t but he would more than likely walk into our team right now. Our lack of options out wide is something that needs addressed first thing come January.

Guest neesy111

Wish Chinese football would do one tbh.

Why?  Because were English and we are the one's who should be spending all the money in the game?

Why?  Because were English and we are the one's who should be spending all the money in the game?

He doesn't say that it would be fair, just that it would be nice if they fucked off. Can't say I entirely disagree.

He doesn't say that it would be fair, just that it would be nice if they fucked off. Can't say I entirely disagree.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

If it gets the mercenaries over to China then it's a good thing imo, then the European leagues can be left with the players that are bothered about success.

Saw someone on Twitter saying football had finally eaten itself because Tevez is getting something like £600k a week over there. Like Rooney getting £250k or whatever is perfectly fine.

Just me who doesn't really see much difference from about £20k upwards? Getting paid a million quid a year to train and kick a ball about once or twice a week is ludicrous, anything beyond that doesn't really mean anything more to me. The one time I really thought football had turned stupid was when Roy Keane was reportedly on £50k at Man United, late 90s. That's a really good salary for someone in a 'normal' job (ie not a director, or someone getting huge bonuses or working in some special role), and he was getting that every week which felt fucking ridiculous. Since then the numbers have continued to gone up like mad but it doesn't really bother me any more. It's all stupid, just to slightly different degrees.

Saw someone on Twitter saying football had finally eaten itself because Tevez is getting something like £600k a week over there. Like Rooney getting £250k or whatever is perfectly fine.

Just me who doesn't really see much difference from about £20k upwards? Getting paid a million quid a year to train and kick a ball about once or twice a week is ludicrous, anything beyond that doesn't really mean anything more to me. The one time I really thought football had turned stupid was when Roy Keane was reportedly on £50k at Man United, late 90s. That's a really good salary for someone in a 'normal' job (ie not a director, or someone getting huge bonuses or working in some special role), and he was getting that every week which felt fucking ridiculous. Since then the numbers have continued to gone up like mad but it doesn't really bother me any more. It's all stupid, just to slightly different degrees.

I don't think I've ever earned that in a year, absolutely agree.

Just me who doesn't really see much difference from about £20k upwards? Getting paid a million quid a year to train and kick a ball about once or twice a week is ludicrous, anything beyond that doesn't really mean anything more to me. The one time I really thought football had turned stupid was when Roy Keane was reportedly on £50k at Man United, late 90s. That's a really good salary for someone in a 'normal' job (ie not a director, or someone getting huge bonuses or working in some special role), and he was getting that every week which felt f***ing ridiculous. Since then the numbers have continued to gone up like mad but it doesn't really bother me any more. It's all stupid, just to slightly different degrees.

Yes of course but it's a matter of perspective. If people of your calibre or not as good as you in your profession get paid 100k a week - you will consider yourself worth £110k a week.

Get everything you say, but in what way or how do you bring it under control? All clubs would have to have a wage cap system. But that could never work or be done.

Its the stupid owners and agents who have destroyed the game. You can blame greedy bastard players, but the super rich pay them so they will continue to ask for more.

Ultimately if the player is a super star under contract or not they still hold the cards.

Should be a system where you have to agree to the wage with no extras,no renegotiations during the current deal, and be forced to honour it. If throwing a strop during your contract or refuse to play etc etc, clubs terminate due to poor conduct with no payout or anything.

Im sure players would be careful who they signed for then.