Other clubs' transfers

TBG

What the actual f***

Shanghai SIPG have offered €150m to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund with annual wages of €41m [@tancredipalmeri]

edit: or is tancredi palmeri one of the s*** ones? I can't keep up with who's credible these days

He's a moron, knows fuck all. Don't know about all the reliable ones by i know he's an attention seeking gobshite.

What the actual f***

Shanghai SIPG have offered €150m to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund with annual wages of €41m [@tancredipalmeri]

edit: or is tancredi palmeri one of the s*** ones? I can't keep up with who's credible these days

He's a moron, knows f*** all. Don't know about all the reliable ones by i know he's an attention seeking gobshite.

He gets asked on Talksport a fair bit if that helps :lol:

Weird player, Rudy.

Scores lots of headers but manages also to almost never win anything in the air. If you can work that out.

Strange, though, had no wingers, signed a player who is only ever going to be useful from balls into the box. Then sign a wide player, stop playing him. All a bit odd.

Nice bloke, though. Has been spotted helping serve homeless people at food bank places in the city centre on a few occasions. A good egg.

Everton signing Ademola Lookman from Charlton for £10mil

Lookman ffs :lol: I think that surpasses Ibe ("Aiyb") in terms of wildly unnecessary anglicisation of a name.

It is. Despite that summary, I still do wonder about the sustainability. Even if everyone's dream come to fruition and the government continues to heavily bankroll the football program while wealthy owners and massive corporations are willing to prop up these new clubs ad infinitum, I just cannot forsee how this can ever become vaguely profitable in the relative short term or even long term in a way that will produce a justifiable return on these levels of spending, even with massively increased revenue streams in the growing Chinese market. If the success of the league and its continued ability to attract stars is primarily based around the willingness of the CPC and wealthy actors to set massive amounts renminbi alight, it just raises questions, imo.

Everton signing Ademola Lookman from Charlton for £10mil

Lookman ffs :lol: I think that surpasses Ibe ("Aiyb") in terms of wildly unnecessary anglicisation of a name.

What should they be?

And what is the point, it's going to make most people assume you are from the Caribbean?

"Lookman" is an Arabic name, but if you are Nigerian and a Yoruba as his parents are it will definitely be "Lukman" or "Luqman" so obviously the name has been changed. Ibe is Igbo and would be two syllables "EE-BAY".

I don't have a problem with it, tbh. It is just funny to hear. I would understand it more if they had surnames like my own that Europeans always struggle with, but those are simple names.

"Lookman" is an Arabic name, but if you are Nigerian and a Yoruba as his parents are it will definitely be "Lukman" or "Luqman" so obviously the name has been changed. Ibe is Igbo and would be two syllables "EE-BAY".

I don't have a problem with it, tbh. It is just funny to hear. I would understand it more if they had surnames like my own that Europeans always struggle with, but those are simple names.

The African football expert on the World Football Phone-In mentioned exactly the same thing that you did about Ibe a couple of months ago. :thup:

Have you ever seen your surname anglicised?