Other clubs' transfers

TBG

"Lookman" is an Arabic name, but if you are Nigerian and a Yoruba as his parents are it will definitely be "Lukman" or "Luqman" so obviously the name has been changed. Ibe is Igbo and would be two syllables "EE-BAY".

I don't have a problem with it, tbh. It is just funny to hear. I would understand it more if they had surnames like my own that Europeans always struggle with, but those are simple names.

Have you ever seen your surname anglicised?

I mean, plenty of people just abbreviate it after about the fifth or sixth botched attempt. :lol: That is their prerogative, though. My name is my name.

Stupid white people can't pronounce names properly so need to dumb them down.

Worked with a guy named mpoy, once. He told me just to call him Poy. Interestingly, I discovered that when saying Poy, my lips began in the same position, that they would form when saying mmmmmmmm.

Obi Mikel on his way to China :lol:

What an utter rubbish career he ended up having. Bum.

2 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, a Champions League  and a Europa League winner.

Wish I could have that utter rubbish career

Obi Mikel on his way to China :lol:

What an utter rubbish career he ended up having. Bum.

2 Premier League titles, 4 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, a Champions League  and a Europa League winner as well.

Wish I could have that rubbish career

Aye, strange post that.

Don't be ridiculous.

What did he contribute to any of those titles?

I hate it when people use that logic. It's stupid.

Chelsea fans don't care a damn for Obi Mikel, because he was a nothing player for them. Wasted his talent sitting on the bench.

Didn't he get Man of the Match in the Champions League final? (I remember he played very well, although he might not have got MotM)

He played over 250 times for Chelsea, I'd suggest he played a part in those titles. Not a huge part of all of them but still a part of them

Don't be ridiculous.

Chelsea fans don't care a damn for Obi Mikel, because he was a nothing player for them. Wasted his talent sitting on the bench.

Played 250 games for them like.

:lol:

Are you serious? What a fantastic achievement that is. Well done sir. One man of the match. Brilliant.

He was a hugely promising young talent, and he did jack all with it. Was all down hill when he pulled that idiotic stunt to leave Man U to go to Chelsea. In hindsight it was a terrible move. Mourinho is an ass, and completely ruined him.

Don't be ridiculous.

Passing backwards and sideways at the end of games. It was cringeworthy. He was a nothing player for them.

Don't be ridiculous.

Passing backwards and sideways at the end of games. It was cringeworthy. He was a nothing player for them.

Chelsea fans on twitter seem to be full of praise mind. What do they know.

:lol:

Are you serious? What a fantastic achievement that is. Well done sir. One man of the match. Brilliant.

He was a hugely promising young talent, and he did jack all with it. Was all down hill when he pulled that idiotic stunt to leave Man U to go to Chelsea. In hindsight it was a terrible move. Mourinho is an ass, and completely ruined him.

Are you being serious? To say someone has had an utter rubbish career when he's won loads of trophies. He's possibly the most decorated Nigerian footballer of all time (Kanu has similar though).

You said he didn't contribute at all to any of the titles yet I would say being Man of the Match in the final of the biggest club competition in the world is certainly a big contribution. He also played in the semi against Barcelona and I have no interest in seeing how much else he played in that competition that year because I'm not that interested in his career

Guest firetotheworks

KaKa peaking hard in the wrong stakes after yesterday's Dele Alli post as well. :lol:

I hated Mikel as a player, absolute prick, but he obviously contributed towards Chelsea's success whether we like it or not.

I think it's fair to say he never reached his true potential, but he's still had a very good career.

:thup: He basically ended up as a very rich man's Colback despite showing huge potential early on.

Think it's quite impressive he's continued to rake in appearances with their unlimited resources and discerning managers.

I suppose being in a defence-first set up for the majority of Abramovich's tenure has done him no harm.

Don't be ridiculous.

Chelsea fans on twitter seem to be full of praise mind. What do they know.

They're just being polite for goodness sake. I mean the guy sat on his arse and never complained, so what do they care. He was a nice mascot for them. In reality he did nothing.

As a Nigerian I am offended by what he ultimately was as a player. And it all started with him and his stupid agent chasing the money at Chelsea. He is a bum.