Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He has ended up a bench player his whole career.

Eh? According to Soccerbase, of his 278 appearances, only 90 of them were as a sub. At a club like Chelsea, which has had the pick of any midfielder they've wanted, including the league's all-time top scoring midfielder, I wouldn't say he's been a bench player at all.

278 appearances in 10 years. This is not someone who is relied upon in the first team.

You're taking injuries, suspensions and squad rotation out of the debate then.

Eh? According to Soccerbase, of his 278 appearances, only 90 of them were as a sub. At a club like Chelsea, which has had the pick of any midfielder they've wanted, including the league's all-time top scoring midfielder, I wouldn't say he's been a bench player at all.

278 appearances in 10 years. This is not someone who is relied upon in the first team.

You're taking injuries, suspensions and squad rotation out of the debate then.

Man ... we all watch premier league football. We all know Obi Mikel has not been an important player for Chelsea. I don't need to calculate injuries, suspensions and rotations man. Please.

Is anyone arguing that Mikel was that important of a player for Chelsea? You certainly wouldn't put him on the importance scales of Drogba, Lampard, Terry etc but you also can't say that he's had an 'utter rubbish' career

Is anyone arguing that Mikel was that important of a player for Chelsea? You certainly wouldn't put him on the importance scales of Drogba, Lampard, Terry etc but you also can't say that he's had an 'utter rubbish' career

Precisely.

Guest firetotheworks

I may not be the greatest at maths, but that's nearly 28 appearances a season. :lol: Wiki has his appearances at 374 including all cups as well, that's nearly 40 matches a season, man. Of course he was a player that was relied upon. :lol:

By comparison, most important and permanently fit Frank Lampard played an average of 46 matches a season.

West Ham's £3m bid for Snodgrass rejected :lol:

They're pathetic. Realise Snodgrass is out of contract in the summer but there is no way Hull are selling for anywhere near as low as that amount.

They're pathetic. Realise Snodgrass is out of contract in the summer but there is no way Hull are selling for anywhere near as low as that amount.

Contracted until 2018, which makes the offer even more laughable.

fairly obvious its just trying to unsettle the player

Went straight to Google after that post. Can confirm that Mikel's wife is not only attractive, but sexually attractive :thup:

Baba's original comment is POTY. :lol: holy shit - of all things I was expecting him to list off - that was not it. And thanks to him, I now have even more respect for Mikel.

Guest Howaythetoon

Baba has such a majestic way of wording his posts man  :smitten:

Mind, I think Mikel has been a bang average player for Chelsea and is a bang average player, despite trophies won!

Baba has such a majestic way of wording his posts man  :smitten:

Mind, I think Mikel has been a bang average player for Chelsea and is a bang average player, despite trophies won!

This is what is so sad about the whole thing, for me anyway. Him being seen as a this average DM. Coming off that youth tournament at the age of 18, I would have loved to see him at least given a chance at being developed into a more well rounded midfielder. He did not get that opportunity at Chelsea at all in my opinion. Instead he got shoehorned into DM as Makelele was the oldest, and first on the way out in Chelsea's midfield three.

Baba seems certain that his form as a more forward thinking midfielder in that tournament was simply due to a greater physical advantage, and he was destined to be the player he is now. I can't accept that though. Difference of opinion on that matter, which is fair enough.

Sky Italia saying Chelsea are signing Llorente from Swansea and Batshuayi going to Swansea on loan

Odd one that, Swansea getting the better player surely?

Suppose it gives Batshuayi a load of playing time but wouldn't fancy relying on Llorente if Costa got injured.

Guest firetotheworks

What Bamford needs is another loan deal before deciding if he's good enough to be signed permanently...

A Loan, With Everybody

Did you just want to use that Verve/loan play on words, or is there a link I'm missing? [emoji38]