Clément Grenier

LRD

Be less abstract mate, what your saying is going over heads.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what ronaldo is saying is he prefers the days when we were in for young highly rated English players and being competitive in the transfer market.

For those that are too young to remember how highly though of Bramble was we are talking in relative terms of Tom ince

Seems pretty obvious, like. Can't adapt all my posts for the likes of Brett. :undecided:

The thing that makes me laugh about the point you made is its not really debatable.

I don't agree, i'd rather have Ashley's transfer policy than Shepheard's. Happy we are gone of the days of spunking huge ways on average players and looking for marquee signings we couldn't really afford whilst being in debt. Least with Ashley we know we a good footing financially and he's not going sink the ship like it was with Shepheard. I hate Ashley the most at the club but i don't think his transfer policy is as bad as people make out, just frustrating.

He was going to sign the likes of Gouffran/Sissoko in the summer but because of the relegation battle, he paid extra to get them in early. He doesn't need to pay extra for Cabella/Gomis or whoever they have lined up. I feel the squad is still good enough for top 8 even without Cabaye even though it does dent our chances of a top 6 finish greatly, i'm not sure we would have got in there even with Cabaye.

Bramble was no more highly thought of for promise than what Mbiwa is. Both young defenders who can play football and have moved to us for a sizeable fee. It’s not like Ashley hasn’t got a set up where he’s not looking for young talent, if anything, that’s what he’s striving to look for. Upgrading the youth facilities to try and get home grown players in and looking into the French market for young players like Haidara on the cheap.

Under Shepherd we bought to compete. Under this arsehole we buy to stay up and sell for profit. That's all there is to it.

Suppose everyone would have different views on how we should do business. I'd just prefer to be spending money that we can afford rather than just sink deeper into debt which we were with Shepheard.

Ashley and Shepherd are probably the two extremes. There is always middle ground and that's where we should be.

Spending doesn't = liquidation believe it or not.

That's where everyone would like to be but how many clubs have the middle ground?

Ashley and Shepherd are probably the two extremes. There is always middle ground and that's where we should be.

That's where everyone would like to be but how many clubs have the middle ground?

Quite a few actually.

Look at Spurs for one. They spend what they earn on sales.

Under Shepherd we bought to compete. Under this arsehole we buy to stay up and sell for profit. That's all there is to it.

And that buying to compete worked ever so well didn't it (short period with SBR aside - and he fell into Shepherd's lap).

We are built to improve steadily, we won't spunk cash on an instant hit, because whatever we did spunk would be trumped times 10 by the City's and Chelsea's etc.

I'd have thought every club in the Prem. None of them that i know of are in liquidation due to over spending and all of them have bought players.

Am i wrong?

Quite a few actually.

Because after years of prudence and profits they are in the position where they can.

I'd have thought every club in the Prem. None of them that i know of are in liquidation due to over spending and all of them have bought players.

Am i wrong?

Hey and we're above/better than most of them.

And that buying to compete worked ever so well didn't it (short period with SBR aside - and he fell into Shepherd's lap).

We are built to improve steadily, we won't spunk cash on an instant hit, because whatever we did spunk would be trumped times 10 by the City's and Chelsea's etc.

I knew ToonPap would be in here. Telling us that, although he doesn't know Ashley, he knows men like him. Strong, powerful, alluring, success driven types, who never accept second best. Who shoot for the very top and never fall short. How we're so lucky so sit within the quivering folds of his obesity.

How selling your best performers without replacing them is how every great sporting endevour should be run. Mug.

Guest neesy111

Quite a few actually.

Because after years of prudence and profits they are in the position where they can.

We are in a position to as well.

I knew ToonPap would be in here. Telling us that, although he doesn't know Ashley, he knows men like him. Strong, powerful, alluring, success driven types, who never accept second best. Who shoot for the very top and never fall short. How we're so lucky so sit within the quivering folds of his obesity.

How selling your best performers without replacing them is how every great sporting endevour should be run. Mug.

OOOOH how grown up we are.

We haven't replaced him yet, we will I am sure, the squad has undeniably improved over the last few years. I'd rather wait for the right player (and our hit rate is good) than some placebo type signing.

The fact that the team is better, and playing better stuff, than it has for a very long time is vindication of the policy IMO.

We haven't replaced him yet, we will I am sure, the squad has undeniably improved over the last few years. I'd rather wait for the right player (and our hit rate is good) than some placebo type signing.

The fact that the team is better, and playing better stuff, than it has for a very long time is vindication of the policy IMO.

Mug.

I'm not saying we should be spending the £100m+ that Spurs throw out, but I expect player sales to be used on player transfers. If Cabaye is sold for £20m, we should be looking to spend £20m by the time the window shuts.

Quite a few actually.

Yep, agree. They spend and sell well. I think Arsenal and Spurs buy and sell very well but they are also known to be selling their best players and not tieing them down to new deals. There's not many clubs i envy on how they do their transfer business though, just frustrating here as we are in a position to push on with the team we have and it's not looking like we will bring anyone in. Yet saying this i think we will surprise a few people in the summer with a couple of top signings.

Mug.

Aye, cannot even be arsed any more. What an absolute mug.

"Wait for the right player" at which point another player or 2 have left and we're "waiting for the right player" to replace them too. We've been waiting for a left winger for years :lol:

When that right one comes across he better be fucking good.

Mug.

And where have the current squad (one of the best we've had for ages) come from ?? It's a mystery to me, reading here we never sign anyone.