Clément Grenier

LRD

Any player with any ambition should say no to us. It's that simple.

Not necessarily. We're a good stepping stone as Cabaye proved.

We may as well be a league one club selling players to the championship.

We're a decent premiership side selling players to Champions League contenders.

But why do we exist? To win things or to develop players for the teams which do win things?

that very question can be asked of a great deal of clubs not just us.

Name me another premiership club deliberately trying to get knocked out of cups and avoid getting into Europe.

And yes, it can be said of loads of clubs. They're all in the lower divisions though. Even the likes of Hull and Palace attempt to win cup matches! They buy players to improve, not to sell on.

Think one thing everyone agrees on is that we should make a better fist of the cups. It's our only shot, slim though it is. Won't stop us being a stepping stone for the likes of Cabaye though.

Expectations lowered. Well done Mike.

Guest bimpy474

JK out.....it's the only way this club will ever go forward. 

Ashley is the one who we need out, he goes and the whole stinking lot of them go with him.

I don't even think our chance of winning the FA cup was slim this year. Had we not threw the match away to Cardiff at home we'd have played Bolton away and then Wigan at home for a chance in the quaters and only 2 of the top 4 remaining. For all we can laugh at other teams getting an easy draw, we'd get them too if we stopped getting knocked out so early.

Has he signed one player since he's been here?

Two loan players.

"judge me on my signings" he said in the summer. Aye, fair enough Joe, you're crap.

I don't even think our chance of winning the FA cup was slim this year. Had we not threw the match away to Cardiff at home we'd have played Bolton away and then Wigan at home for a chance in the quaters and only 2 of the top 4 remaining. For all we can laugh at other teams getting an easy draw, we'd get them too if we stopped getting knocked out so early.

We've had pathetically easy FA Cup draws for at least the last five years and bombed out feebly every time.

Having virtually guaranteed our place in the league for next season by the start of January, we were in the perfect position to go all out for the cup, and Pardew was too spineless even then.

Ashley is the one who we need out, he goes and the whole stinking lot of them go with him.

To think our season tickets are paying JK's wages. :anguish:

Cabaye has gone for Champions League and you can't blame him for that.

But this regime spouts on as if we're the size of Norwich or Hull. Their stewardship saw us relegated and we've been made to think small ever since. Even after we got 5th, points away from a Championsleague spot, our transfer activity represented that of a newly promoted club. If we acted like the club we all know we're meant to be, then maybe the likes of Cabaye won't be so desperate to leave.

What's his agent on about? Most ridiculous reasoning I've ever heard for a player not wanting to come here. (Not that he was ever in a position to actually come here.)

Really? Seems pretty obvious to me. We've clearly offered too little for him, both in terms of fee and wages.

What's his agent on about? Most ridiculous reasoning I've ever heard for a player not wanting to come here. (Not that he was ever in a position to actually come here.)

Really? Seems pretty obvious to me. We've clearly offered too little for him, both in terms of fee and wages.

Yep....we sell a player for £20mil...we offer a younger, highly talented player half that.

But this regime spouts on as if we're the size of Norwich or Hull. Their stewardship saw us relegated and we've been made to think small ever since. Even after we got 5th, points away from a Championsleague spot, our transfer activity represented that of a newly promoted club. If we acted like the club we all know we're meant to be, then maybe the likes of Cabaye won't be so desperate to leave.

He left a club that would have given him champions league football to come to us.  It's money that really matters these days. Although  obviously a club that has a chance of winning trophies helps too.

He left a club that would have given him champions league football to come to us.  It's money that really matters these days. Although  obviously a club that has a chance of winning trophies helps too.

Big difference between staying at a team that will be also-rans in the competition and moving to a team that could potentially win it though.

No doubt in my mind that he'd have went to PSG even without a pay rise.