January Transfer Window Positives

Guest Howaythetoon

We've still got a team & squad which should finish 8th, it's just frustrating as f*** that they don't just go the extra yard to push a bit further.

Team yes, squad no.

Are the squads beneath us stronger?

We'll never know but they don't have the marked drop off in quality we have in all positions aside from CB from the first team and right mid.

We've still got a team & squad which should finish 8th, it's just frustrating as f*** that they don't just go the extra yard to push a bit further.

Team yes, squad no.

Without wanting to get in an argument, i'm not sure why this is relevant at all.

Team yes, squad no.

Without wanting to get in an argument, i'm not sure why this is relevant at all.

How's that? I said we have a squad which should finish 8th, so asking who below us has a stronger one which means we shouldn't. ???

Team yes, squad no.

How's that? I said we have a squad which should finish 8th, so asking who below us has a stronger one which means we shouldn't. ???

But why does it matter how strong the squads below us are? Do you mean because you dont think we'll lose 8th place?

If we are talking about just us though, our squad is weaker now that it was before the window opened. More players out than in yet again. Sammi is now stating games, and Shola is likely to start tomorrow. The squad after a couple of injuries is shite.

We've still got a team & squad which should finish 8th, it's just frustrating as fuck that they don't just go the extra yard to push a bit further.

This team/squad certainly wouldn't finish 8th over a season, not sure if that was the point you're making. They might this year given the sizable gap that we've created but we'll miss Cabaye desperately.

The club at the moment just feels like a husk to me and has been for a couple years now.

Still enjoy watching the matches themselves, but I'm beyond caring about the long run. I was devastated back when we sold Carroll but I find it really hard to care about anything that happened in this window at all. What's the point of having Cabaye when we're not going to use him for anything useful. Buy players, sell players, whatever, we'll still be mediocre.

This team/squad certainly wouldn't finish 8th over a season, not sure if that was the point you're making. They might this year given the sizable gap that we've created but we'll miss Cabaye desperately.

Who over a normal season would finish above us then?

Not really sure how to answer that. You're seriously kidding yourself if you think Cabaye hasn't been worth five points to us this season though.

Apart from Remy, Cabaye has scored more goals than any other player. He's scored over 21% of our league goals.

Take Remy and Gouffran out, and Cabaye scored as many league goals as the rest of the squad put together.

Not really sure how to answer that. You're seriously kidding yourself if you think Cabaye hasn't been worth five points to us this season though.

Who's to say HBA wouldn't have got those points if he'd been playing more often, just as an example?