Winnet Sports claim Glenn Hoddle linked with DOF role

Paully

Someone was raving about him on the Sunday football thing on sky before Sunday supplement. Can't remember who now though.

Glenn Hoddle?

Yeah, was raving about his coaching I particular, it was an ex Newcastle man too. Can't believe I've forgotten now.

The person was on the Sky Sunday morning football show , which was on before Sunday Supplement.

Guest bimpy474

Hoddle talks a good game but honestly i question how good he would actually be in any role.

Better than JFK is a start, and tbf not that hard to better. You or i would have been better like.

Guest tollemache

Feeling he'd be just as annoying for a manager to manage under as he has been for players to play under at times. Probably convinced he knows the game better than anyone who could possibly work under him

Feeling he'd be just as annoying for a manager to manage under as he has been for players to play under at times. Probably convinced he knows the game better than anyone who could possibly work under him

....and he would be absolutely right if that person was Pardew...

Guest bimpy474

Nowt wrong with a DOF wanting the game played the right way. A proper football person who loves the see good football would want Pardew hoyed with the rancid stuff he comes up with.

Guest tollemache

I'm all for clubs having a philosophy they bring the manager in to implement too. Swansea-like. In that respect I think Hoddle would be great

Taylor   Colo   Mbiwa

Debuchy                     Santon
     Sissoko  Tiote  Anita

Gouffran
                         Remy     

Hoddle 3-5-2, looks alright

I long for the day we have an owner who hires someone that matters currently in the game to take this club genuinely forward, that's the only way to a better future.

Everton snagging Martinez still hurts like hell, when you see them playing without fear. Sigh.

Yeah, you hear mixed reports about him. It's also a bit of a concern that he's been out of management for quite a while.

Guest tollemache

I don't remember that being a typical Hoddle gameplan either. The circumstances were we needed a draw in Italy to qualify, and did what he needed to.

Wasn't typical at all. The manner of it was very un-England (this was before Sven). We played exactly the way you'd have expected Italy to play if it was them who needed the point - slowed the game down etc. - which was quite impressive