Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Let's also not forget that half the time he got the ball, the rest of our team just stood there waiting for 'magic' to happen, because John Carver worked on our attack twice a week. But yeah, totally his fault if he didn't have a good game. Which wasn't nine times in ten, or two in fucking eight, as has so generously been offered as an olive branch to as rabid Ben Arfa fans.

He offered two in ten.  Don't make me do maths this late.

Let's also not forget that half the time he got the ball, the rest of our team just stood there waiting for 'magic' to happen, because John Carver worked on our attack twice a week. But yeah, totally his fault if he didn't have a good game. Which wasn't nine times in ten, or two in fucking eight, as has so generously been offered as an olive branch to as rabid Ben Arfa fans.

Ah. The old " it isn't ben arfa's fault its the rest of the teams fault" argument. Nice one.

He offered two in ten.  Don't make me do maths this late.

:lol: My bad.

Ah. The old " it isn't ben arfa's fault its the rest of the teams fault" argument. Nice one.

No. Manager's fault. For being a piss poor tactician and throwing Ben Arfa under the bus. Nice one.

Ah the old "ignore the reply that destroys my argument and answer something else".

Facts say he is roughly involved in a goal every 3 games. You claim its between 5 and 10. Explain with appropriate sources that aren't just your opinion to back this up. Ta.

Genuine question - why is there still a fascination with him on here?

He is/was incredibly entertaining and a joy to watch. He's a lingering subject because there's no closure. The end of his career here made absolutely no sense given what he was capable of in every game. He was our best player and then he was gone for free.

He is/was incredibly entertaining and a joy to watch. He's a lingering subject because there's no closure. The end of his career here made absolutely no sense given what he was capable of in every game. He was our best player and then he was gone for free.

I can understand that, but there are other exciting talents to watch. I personally find the fanaticism that surrounds him on here baffling though. I don't think I know a single NUFC fan in person that gives a shit about Ben Arfa anymore. Each to their own I guess...

I can understand that, but there are other exciting talents to watch. I personally find the fanaticism that surrounds him on here baffling though. I don't think I know a single NUFC fan in person that gives a shit about Ben Arfa anymore. Each to their own I guess...

Other exciting talents that we have half a hope of signing?

:lol: Do they play for us? I mean, I enjoy every second of Kenedy, but it's bittersweet because we'll never pay.

We've had nee1 anywhere near as sexy as HBA for decades. Even when we had some good players, they weren't flair players like Hatem. And right now we've got absolutely fuck all.

Other exciting talents that we have half a hope of signing?

Possibly Kenedy you could argue. I'm not saying he's necessarily the same, but he's exciting like.

:lol: Do they play for us? I mean, I enjoy every second of Kenedy, but it's bittersweet because we'll never pay.

Agreed on Kenedy - will be interesting to see what comes of his time here.

He was an outstanding footballer; kind of player I'm more than happy to pay money to watch and it was a privilege to see some of the goals he scored and little bits of flair live. Who fucking cares if he didn't track back.

Players like him I love watching. Same goes for players like Douglas Costa, another player I love watching. It's why I hold Ben Arfa in such high regard anyway.

We've had nee1 anywhere near as sexy as HBA for decades. Even when we had some good players, they weren't flair players like Hatem. And right now we've got absolutely fuck all.

Aye, in terms of flair I'd have to agree - Kenedy is the closest that comes to it.

I just don't think we will ever have Ben Arfa back so to me this thread always strikes me as crying over spilt milk a little bit TBH.

And let's be honest; he's fun to watch but he's not Ben Arfa levels, is he? Who knows, maybe he will be in a few years but it sure as hell won't be for us. :lol:

:lol: Which is why it's not the same. He's gonna be doing that shit to us.

Aye but that's a fucking shit saying. If I had a glass of milk and 12 glasses of shit, I'd rightly be bawling my fucking eyes out if Mike Ashley gave my fucking milk away.

:lol:

Okay.

HBA was loved before he even signed. The absolute pantomime of him leaving OM and turning up at the airport, breaking his leg yet signing him anyway, the goals, the bums off seats, the pardew crap, the hope.

"These fans shout go go go, take him on take him on... and you go and you can fly".