The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

A day of almosts. Was a Brentford goal from £300 (what were they playing at?) and was twice about to place an in-play bet on the Man City game - one for them to score next, score as I'm placing it, and one on over 15 corners with 20 mins left - double corner as I'm putting it on.

Been a great month or so overall, still prone to the odd stupid bet which I almost immediately regret but there you go.

More thrilling betting stories coming soon.

Take it you lot will be looking at Liverpool-based bets. Would highly recommend getting your bets on now, as the price will invariably shorten before Monday.

A selection of the best current prices:

Liverpool @ 4/9

Liverpool -1 @ 6/5

Liverpool -2 @ 3/1

Liverpool -3 @ 15/2

Liverpool 3-0 @ 19/2

Liverpool 4-0 @ 19/1

Liverpool HT/FT @ 11/10

Liverpool to win to nil @ 11/8

Liverpool to score in both halves @ 6/5

Liverpool to win both halves @ 5/2

Guest chopey

The masters is the the best betting this week e/w on the top 5, just pick ten golfers you've heard of and put £1 e/w on theoretically all your choices can win I've not lost in three years on this .

The masters is the the best betting this week e/w on the top 5, just pick ten golfers you've heard of and put £1 e/w on theoretically all your choices can win I've not lost in three years on this .

Sound :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Or use Betfair and get Top 7 instead

Guest chopey

Rickie Fowler 33/1,

Gary Woodland 90/1,

Bill Haas 100/1,

Henrik Stenson 18/1,

Victor Dubuisson 100/1,

Martin Kaymer  80/1,

Keegan Bradley 66/1,

Patrick Reed 35/1,

Adam Scott 20/1,

Dustin Johnson 16/1 (nap)

I think I made the mistake of choosing the majority of the top 10 golfers, know nothing about it but it'll add some interest even if I just break even that'll do.

McIlroy, Spieth, Watson, Day, Johnson, Stenson, Scott, Reed, Rose, Woods - £1 E/W on each ranging from 11/2 up to 50/1.

For today at Aintree:

1340 - Josses Hill outright / Three Kingdoms E/W

1415 - Hargam outright / Devilment E/W

1450 - Holywell outright

1525 - Jezki outright / Arctic Fire outright

1605 - Warne outright / Current Event E/W

1715 - Call The Cops outright

Mixture of outright L15, E/W L15, outright accy, E/W accy and four £5 singles on the first four listed outright. Spent a total of £40. Must be mad I am far from rich.

Guest Roger Kint

Got three of your horses there so hope we are lucky :lol:

Did you really back Rory each way for £1?

Aye, ha! Got top 7 on BetFair so I am hoping at least 4/5 of those place but not sure if golf is usually as predictable as that? Looking back now I should've put a couple of 50/1 - 100/1 on instead.

Aye, ha! Got top 7 on BetFair so I am hoping at least 4/5 of those place but not sure if golf is usually as predictable as that? Looking back now I should've put a couple of 50/1 - 100/1 on instead.

It isn't. :lol:

Ah well, hope I can break even at best then  :lol:

Was sat in Southampton airport last week betting on Chinese Volleyball/badminton in-play. Even sat watching it. Problems.  :frantic:

Guest Roger Kint

Should have went £2 win tbh. If its a close finish the split ew will make it pointless at his odds. Tried to mix up mine so got 25's, 33's, 80's and 100's. That said Bubba & Mickelson are good value for their shorter odds.

Trixie - Bristol De Mai; Silviniaco Conti; Arctic Fire

Single - Arctic Fire

Arctic Fire has to be one of the best bets at a big meeting in a long time. It should absolutely relish 2 and a half miles. He has seen Jezki off the last twice over shorter distance. Willie Mullins has spoke ridiculously highly of him and he has improved for every run this season. Rock On Ruby is regressing and shouldn't be able to beat him which doesn't leave any other real challengers. I think this is the best bet I've seen at 15/8 for a while.

Guest Roger Kint

Hope so its the only single i have as well as a Lucky 15 on Hargam, Conti, Warne, Call the cops