The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Thoughts on Oscar?

Brilliant player.

On his day.

:thup: Too inconsistent. Has all the talent in the world, just not sure he has the will. He fakes his will by making sliding tackles all over the pitch but just doesn't have the will to impose his offensive qualities in games. A better version of Coutinho more or less.

Matic man, In terms of central midfielders in this league no one comes to close imo.

Probably my favourite player in the league  :smitten:

:thup: ridiculously good transfer.

Exactly the sort of player Man United and Arsenal need n all.

Matic man, In terms of central midfielders in this league no one comes to close imo.

Depends, if Fabregas is seen as a central midfielder than Matic isn't the best in his team. ;)

Yup, He's so crucial for them as without him that midfield becomes very flaky.

I asked about Oscar as I can't help but think Chelsea sooner or later will buy Pogba and line up:

Fabregas

Pogba                  Matic

Depends, if Fabregas is seen as a central midfielder than Matic isn't the best in his team. ;)

Disagree Flip.

Matic gives you a lot more freedom tactically you can even go to a central midfield two with one of them being Matic whereas with Cesc you can forget that option entirely imo

Don't get me wrong either, I love Cesc but if I can only have one I'm taking Matic every time. Creative players are more plentiful than Pivots of Matic's class imo.

I asked about Oscar as I can't help but think Chelsea sooner or later will buy Pogba and line up:

Fabregas

That would be disgusting. Might as well end the league.

Disagree Flip.

Matic gives you a lot more freedom tactically you can even go to a central midfield two with one of them being Matic whereas with Cesc you can forget that option entirely imo

Don't get me wrong either, I love Cesc but if I can only have one I'm taking Matic every time. Creative players are more plentiful than Pivots of Matic's class imo.

Fair enough, if there was one player I'd build a team around in this league it's probably Fabregas. He controls the game with the ball at his feet.

Fabregas

That would be disgusting. Might as well end the league.

Aye I know it seems football managerish but teams like Chelsea take that approach to squad building anyway as this summer demonstrated.

Disagree Flip.

Fair enough, if there was one player I'd build a team around in this league it's probably Fabregas. He controls the game with the ball at his feet.

Out of interest Flip would you play him as a central midfielder or as the #10?