2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So who's next? Who's that next guy that everyone goes ape over? There's no one that's better than Fred?

We already have Neymar, and he has everything to become the worlds best someday. He just needs to learn more from Messi and get more effective. I'm not the biggest fan of Cristiano Ronaldo either, but him and Messi differentiate themselves from others because they're so effective in front of goal, they're main objective isn't to make people jump out of their seats, it's to score goals and win games. Sometimes he wants to do the harder things, he just needs to become a machine because if he scored half the chances he got for Barcelona last season he'd be close to 40 goals no doubt.

Aye, playing against the likes of Evian and Rennes will get Luiz and Thiago ready for the next WC. :thup:

Instead of playing the likes of Sammy Ameobi and Papiss Cisse you mean? :clap: I wonder if you're as dumb in real life as you're in here tbh.

Aye, playing against the likes of Evian and Rennes will get Luiz and Thiago ready for the next WC. :thup:

Instead of playing the likes of Sammy Ameobi and Papiss Cisse you mean? :clap: I wonder if you're as dumb in real life as you're in here tbh.

This is what Ronaldo lives for man.

So who's next? Who's that next guy that everyone goes ape over? There's no one that's better than Fred?

We already have Neymar, and he has everything to become the worlds best someday. He just needs to learn more from Messi and get more effective. I'm not the biggest fan of Cristiano Ronaldo either, but him and Messi differentiate themselves from others because they're so effective in front of goal, they're main objective isn't to make people jump out of their seats, it's to score goals and win games. Sometimes he wants to do the harder things, he just needs to become a machine because if he scored half the chances he got for Barcelona last season he'd be close to 40 goals no doubt.

Nah, I mean...who is the best young player still in Brazil right now?

Sammy Ameobi. :lol:

Oh, and says the bloke who rates Fred. :papiss:

I'd say the one who looks closest to take the next step is unfortunately a CB. Doria, 19 year old and already reached 70 appearances for them. There are always few players who emerge every year, a lot of talk of Luan from Gremio. Never seen him play though. We've got some CBs like Marquinhos and Juan Jesus in Europe, but it's the last position we need players. I hope Danilo at Porto goes on to good things or that van Gaal makes Rafael seem like a competent player again because right back is a position that we is hurting right now.

Guest palnese

I'd say the one who looks closest to take the next step is unfortunately a CB. Doria, 19 year old and already reached 70 appearances for them. There are always few players who emerge every year, a lot of talk of Luan from Gremio. Never seen him play though. We've got some CBs like Marquinhos and Juan Jesus in Europe, but it's the last position we need players. I hope Danilo at Porto goes on to good things or that van Gaal makes Rafael seem like a competent player again because right back is a position that we is hurting right now.

That's not quite true though, is it?

It is, look, I know you hate David Luiz and I'm not disagreeing that he had two terrible games. However, he had five excellent games and I'm not looking past that. I think they crumbled under too much pressure and like I said, we had a non-existing midfield. He wasn't bought to PSG for that kind of money for no reasons, he's one of the best in the world but he needs to get some psychologist help to teach him to maintain focus in every game, because you can see before a game when he's going to play bad. Today was obvious, his first challenge was a dirty 'elbow' into van Persie. On his day however, no one can take his ability away from him. I'm sure that this will be an experience richer for him, he'll hopefully learn from it and playing four years next to the calmest defender can only further develop him.

he's one of the best in the world

http://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2014/04/49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.gif

...on his day. Fuck it too much typing that I'm missing out on vital parts of my posts. I'm out, fuck this World Cup. :lol:

Brazil's biggest problem is they defend and attack as individuals and not as a team, so proper teams like Dutch and Germans exploited it to the fullest.

TBH Holland didn't exploit anything. It was an early set back which set the game tempo, with a good ref neither of the last two goals would've stood. They deserved the win for the tournament they've done, and for the way they defended.

Brazil's biggest problem is they defend and attack as individuals and not as a team, so proper teams like Dutch and Germans exploited it to the fullest.

TBH Holland didn't exploit anything. It was an early set back which set the game tempo, with a good ref neither of the last two goals would've stood. They deserved the win for the tournament they've done, and for the way they defended.

It's a good thing you're not blaming the ref.. :lol:

The ref was shite for both teams. You should have had a pen, but we should have had another, Silva should have been off, and Robben should be one on one after that Silva slip that was called a foul by Van Persie.

I'm hoping we see more of this kid Mosquito. Don't know anything about him, but he's got the name to either be a tricky little player or a massive douchebag. Probably both.

The ref was s**** for both teams. You should have had a pen, but we should have had another, Silva should have been off, and Robben should be one on one after that Silva slip that was called a foul by Van Persie.

Where did I blame the ref though? I'm just saying you're team didn't exploit anything and yet you deserved to win. Like I said, the ref missed on Silva, should've been a red and a free-kick, but I think he gave a penalty so he didn't have to send Silva off. Also, you should never have had a 2nd penalty, was quite clear a handball by Robben when Fernandinho went onto him. Anyways, not blaming the ref, just saying that the scoreline doesn't really reflect the game in general, still think Netherlands are a much more deserving team to get that bronze than us. We aren't even a top 8 side in this World Cup.

I'm hoping we see more of this kid Mosquito. Don't know anything about him, but he's got the name to either be a tricky little player or a massive douchebag. Probably both.

From the U17 there is him, Boschilia, Nathan and Auro who were all hyped up. But as always there's a maximum of one of them that will bloom and there will emerge someone random at some point.

The ref was s**** for both teams. You should have had a pen, but we should have had another, Silva should have been off, and Robben should be one on one after that Silva slip that was called a foul by Van Persie.

Where did I blame the ref though? I'm just saying you're team didn't exploit anything and yet you deserved to win. Like I said, the ref missed on Silva, should've been a red and a free-kick, but I think he gave a penalty so he didn't have to send Silva off. Also, you should never have had a 2nd penalty, was quite clear a handball by Robben when Fernandinho went onto him. Anyways, not blaming the ref, just saying that the scoreline doesn't really reflect the game in general, still think Netherlands are a much more deserving team to get that bronze than us. We aren't even a top 8 side in this World Cup.

Really? I didn't see a hand ball and I don't think anybody else on here mentioned it. I'd have to see it again, but I have my doubts.

Maxwell on Dutch television saying Brazil was far behind Germany and Holland tactically. Doesn't sounds like he rates Scolari.

Which we were, everyone saw that. Scolari made many errors and relied on Fred, Oscar and Hulk waking up when Neymar went down. To be fair to Scolari though, without him we'd probably not even gone through the group stages. The work Mano was doing was the worst job I've witnessed by anyone, even by Pardew.

Guest palnese

It is, look, I know you hate David Luiz and I'm not disagreeing that he had two terrible games. However, he had five excellent games and I'm not looking past that. I think they crumbled under too much pressure and like I said, we had a non-existing midfield. He wasn't bought to PSG for that kind of money for no reasons, he's one of the best in the world but he needs to get some psychologist help to teach him to maintain focus in every game, because you can see before a game when he's going to play bad. Today was obvious, his first challenge was a dirty 'elbow' into van Persie. On his day however, no one can take his ability away from him. I'm sure that this will be an experience richer for him, he'll hopefully learn from it and playing four years next to the calmest defender can only further develop him.

The best defenders in the World don't make the mistakes Luiz makes. The ball he headed to Blind is one the worst pieces of defending you'll ever see. Schoolboy stuff really. Luiz is already 27 and playing against pretty poor opposition in France every week certainly isn't going to make him better.

He's not even close to being one of the best in the World and never will be. He's a cracking footballer, but you'll never be able to trust him in defence for 90 minutes, ever.

Luiz is a bit like Ben Arfa. He's still playing like he's in the park with jumpers for goalposts. There's something very romantic about it, but it will never be a success at the highest level.

Guess that's fair enough, can't argue much against what you posted except that not even the best defender in the world can put in performances like he can and that's why I think PSG is the perfect fit. He needs to learn to maintain concentration levels up and where else can he learn to do that with a team that will run it's league easily and he'll have to play most parts of game up comfortably. We've already seen him in the big games, and I'm honest when I say that except this week I've never seen him have a terrible game in big game situations.