2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robben should be player of the tournament IMO but doubt he'll get it. He's been amazing as he has been for the last three seasons.

Think him, James and Muller should fight it over. But FIFA will give to Messi if they win no matter what. If Germany wins it, then maybe just maybe James or Robben might win it.

Robben should be player of the tournament IMO but doubt he'll get it. He's been amazing as he has been for the last three seasons.

Not really.

He was a non factor against Argentina, Costa Rica and arguably diving aside Mexico too.

James Rodriguez is currently the favourite, could change depending how final goes.

Not really.

He was a non factor against Argentina, Costa Rica and arguably diving aside Mexico too.

James Rodriguez is currently the favourite, could change depending how final goes.

That's a complete lie and makes it sound like you didn't watch the games. And he should have had two penalties against Mexico. And just look at the run he made for the penalty he did get. 90th minute, 40 degree heat and he pulls that out of the bag. Argentina he made himself the best chance of the game and would have scored but for Mascherano literally tearing his arse hole to get back.

FWIW I was at the Costa Rica game and he was a threat consistently. He just didn't make the most of it and the dutch played a bit too negative considering the opposition.

Maxwell on Dutch television saying Brazil was far behind Germany and Holland tactically. Doesn't sounds like he rates Scolari.

Which we were, everyone saw that. Scolari made many errors and relied on Fred, Oscar and Hulk waking up when Neymar went down. To be fair to Scolari though, without him we'd probably not even gone through the group stages. The work Mano was doing was the worst job I've witnessed by anyone, even by Pardew.

How on earth are you putting Fred and Hulk in the same bracket as Oscar? Oscar is a footballer. The other two might as well be lumberjacks brought in from a ranch. Seriously can't get my head around the selection of those two ahead of Bernard, Moura and Coutinho. Could easily have played Neymar centrally and taken a pick from who to play around him. Fred is the worst striker I have ever seen play for a major footballing nation. Ever. Hulk and Jo are the second and third worst. It's painfully baffling to me.

Against Argentina that was the only thing he did all game, by this logic we should count Messi's two passes which should have ended up in goals but in reality he was a non factor in that game.

Neither Messi or Robben deserve it, although Messi has a chance due to hype of winning it but he shouldn't regardless.

The greatest striker you've ever seen and a pretty sound bloke to boot?

No just a footballer I like to watch, Robben that is not triggs. How do you know if Ronaldo is a sound bloke?

Seems like a right smashing lad and preferred to stay on his feet when possible.

People have totally different personalities on the pitch to in normal life, anybody that doesn't know this has never played sport

Seems like a right smashing lad and preferred to stay on his feet when possible.

People have totally different personalities on the pitch to in normal life, anybody that doesn't know this has never played sport

:bob:

:bob:

Good lad

Has nowt to do with that fact one's an utter cheat and the other wasn't, like. :thup:

I don't really care mate, Robben is an unbelievably exciting player to watch, as Ronaldo was and that's all I care about

Is Ronaldo more complete than Robben?  :cheesy:

Yes. Also I like the way you didn't actually dispute any of the points I made to back up my opinion that Messi is a more compete footballer. If I'm getting your argument right, you are saying that Ronaldo is a more complete player because he is taller

Where have the great skilful Brazilian players gone? The midfield options of Gustavo, Paulinho, Ramires, Hernanes, that's rank awful. Were Oscar and Willian skilful creative players before Mourinho got his  hands on them and turned them into work horses? European leagues especially the Premiership for young Brazilian players, will continue to have a hugely detrimental affect on their development, they end up being clones of every other hard working athlete running around for 90 minutes. Brazil should go back to developing and picking footballers, not athletes and find another way to compete against the likes of Germany and Holland.

They don't need to reinvent football, but they do need to find a better more intelligent approach to compete again as a global footballing power. If they can find more Neymar's without the diving, and less physical Tiote clones, maybe we can all get entertained at the same time as they find a way to win again.