Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Would hope that McClaren drops one of the side passing duo and puts Sissoko into midfield with Wijnaldum, leaving one of the wide spots for Perez or Aarons once he realizes Obertan is s****.

Not particularly confident of that happening though.

He should be playing LW or Perez should be there. Right wing should be Thauvin or Sissoko. Central Mid should be Anita + Sissoko + Wijnaldum or Anita + Wijnaldum with De Jong or Perez playing #10.

I'm trying to control my fucking rage that neither of them have played a bastard minute yet :lol:

Our best attacking player from last year and the one with the most potential in the squad from last year not getting a look in so far.  Fuck that.  Fucking Obertan man :lol:  It's indefensible at this stage.

At least he's not playing Gouffran in front of them mind, that might have finished me off.

Being guarded in regards to playing him until he signs a contract?

Surely already the best winger we have.

so don't play him so he signs a new contract?  what a strategy, can't fail :lol:

Didn't say it made sense. Certainly the type of logic our hierarchy uses though.

I can cope with a certain amount of blooding in time and wrapping him in cotton wool, just not when he is head and shoulders above the rest of our wingers in terms of talent. Has to feature more.

so don't play him so he signs a new contract?  what a strategy, can't fail :lol:

I think that's exactly whats happening personally.

Sign or else we don't play you, let you rot etc. Reduce his chances of getting a top contract at a real team. Tell him if he signs we'll sell him in 2 years time anyway.

I think that's exactly whats happening personally.

Sign or else we don't play you, let you rot etc. Reduce his chances of getting a top contract at a real team. Tell him if he signs we'll sell him in 2 years time anyway.

Jesus, imagine :lol:

Considering he needs results it would be an insane way to go on.

We're only two games in. Plenty of time to play hard ball. Either way we'll get *some* money for him, so we're canny. We'll just get about 3 times more should we keep him for a few years and sell him off.

Felt for him a bit tonight. Made some runs in behind but no one ever played the ball over the top. Haidara isn't good enough in my opinion and I think I'd rather see us get a LB than a CB at present. Every ball forward was lofty and with Aarons back to goal.

Disappointed Aarons didn't make more of his time on the pitch though.  Don't recall him opening his legs up much. 

Good game. Glided past the Northampton right back over and over with a simple move.

Really? Nowt came off for him all night, in not even sure I saw him go past a fullback until about 80 mins after he was put to left back.

I'm a big fan of him but he had a shocker.

Guest Recoba

Good game. Glided past the Northampton right back over and over with a simple move.

Really? Nowt came off for him all night, in not even sure I saw him go past a fullback until about 80 mins after he was put to left back.

I'm a big fan of him but he had a shocker.

I was certain he skipped past the full back a few times.  Was that Haidara....

He went on a mazy run in first half and went past a few players, then in the second half when he was at left back. Bar that it was performance of his off days in the reserves. Haidara didn't help him out at all with his passing up the line, sold him short time and time again.

Expected Aarons to really put himself in the mix for a starting berth but this did him no favours. Tbf to him, he was on fire pre-season and should have been one of the first on team sheet against Southampton, he's now hardly played since pre-season so should be little surprise if he's went off the boil to an extent.

He's young, he'll be inconsistent for a while yet, it's nothing to worry about. We've all seen his potential quality when he has a good game.

He's the kind who should be able to perform coming off the bench so as long as he keeps getting regular game time I've no problem with him not starting yet.

I'd send him on loan to a decent Championship team, where he will play every week.

Getting kicked by the shit teams in the Championship will toughen him up a bit and the confidence gained from playing in a good team/doing well will also.

Dafuq did I just read?