Newcastle United 3-2 Reading - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Very good game, we created alot which was pleasing (especially solano Milner and Emre) 

Given 6.5 - One very good reflex save, coulden't do much about the goals .

Nobby 7 - His passing, reading of the game and creativity from the back gives us another dimension. Unlucky with very fluky deflection. He must stay RB

Taylor 7 - Strong when needed to be some vital interceptions too.

Ramage 7 - See Taylor. we have to keep this partnership with taylor as they are easily our best two CB's

Babayaro 5 - At fault for readings second, rusty or just plain poor, we will see in the next few games

Milner 7.5 - Very creative and crossing very good too, can't belive some are saying he was poor!

Butt 8 -  Solid again.

Emre 9 - MOM fanastic performace, very creative and absolutely cracking world class goal

Zoggy 4 - Poor.

Martins 7 - Really impressed by his workrate unlucky not to score more but a constant threat to Reading with pace and power.

Sibierski 7.5 - He scored two (one incorectly ruled offside) could have scored 4 and set up Martins for his penalty and more! He's getting in the right places at the right time should have had a hatrick!

First-half diagnosis?

Wasted chances, gash defending, not enough closing down, poor.

Second-half diagnosis?

Better, didnt create as much in the first but was ok

Full-time diagnosis?

A win! happy days.

Star man for United?

Butt or Emre

Worst United player?

Babayaro - gash

Opposition comment?

Poor.

Toon-pros?

Created chances

Toon-cons?

Defending (bar Nobby)

Post-match feelings?

meh

He looks much better without the leg-iron dragging him down to his level.

3 goals scored and chances created ( although missed ) without the 'hero' in the team.

Jesus, give it a rest.

Come back to me when Emre and Butt have done the business away from home against a proper team next Wednesday, eh?

Truth hurts, don't it.

Come back to me when Emre and Butt have done the business away from home against a proper team next Wednesday, eh?

Come back to me when Parker does the business against any team, eh?

Hmmm - we scraped a home win against a team that has no stars and is in the PL for the first time................

Still a lot of room for improvement TBH

Or you could say that we won against the 5th best team in the country this season.

Agree though, we still need to improve

Hmmm - we scraped a home win against a team that has no stars and is in the PL for the first time................

Great observation there, like. Can't argue. Well done, old man.

(smiles, shakes head, whispers...)  too kind, too kind............................    :rose:

Sure we beat what can only be descibed as a decent side. However, they are hard working and didn't make the game easy for us. Apart from their away game against Arsenal i don't think they have had a bad performance this season.

The lads can take alot of pride in the fact that it was our first comeback and three goals of the season. However, the fans and players most not go over board. We have a different type of test on saturday. 

Great observation there, like. Can't argue. Well done, old man.

(smiles, shakes head, whispers...)  too kind, too kind............................    :rose:

Don't mention it, sir. Praise where it's due and all that.....

3 goals scored and chances created ( although missed ) without the 'hero' in the team.

Jesus, give it a rest.

Truth hurts, don't it.

He already has...

Not sure if you noticed or not but at least he's contributed goals unlike your hero, Nicky Butt.

Jesus, give it a rest.

Truth hurts, don't it.

He already has...

Not sure if you noticed or not but at least he's contributed goals unlike your hero, Nicky Butt.

WOOP! WOOP!

BORING ALERT!!!

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Jesus, give it a rest.

Truth hurts, don't it.

He already has...

WOOP! WOOP!

BORING ALERT!!!

Good comeback  :thup:

Jesus, give it a rest.

Truth hurts, don't it.

He already has...

WOOP! WOOP!

BORING ALERT!!!

Good comeback  :thup:

Aye, it's hard work though trying to get to the standard of booboo and his friends.