Newcastle United 3-2 Reading - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest Invicta_Toon

anyone know if there are any highlights on tv i can watch? it was all manu or celtic i teh pubs round here.

it's on Sky now... ht already

How was Emres goal?

:drool:

It was the kind of goal everyone dreams about scoring for Newcastle. Rob the opposition in your own half jink a midfielder run into space and lash it high into the net in a "take that you f*cking filthy w!nkers" kind of way. Very satisfying.

forum not letting me edit my ratings, so ill post the extended edition here:

given - 6 - nothing spectacular

Solano - 7.5 - a very good performance, super super cross for the opening goal, and another when martins hit the stanchion. showed a suprising burst of pace in backup. out of position for reading's first (not the only time) which prevents him from getting a higher mark, but unlucky when he rightly charged the shot down.

Taylor - 5.5 - had a couple of very dodgy moments, but also shone sporadically. had to cover for Solano on a number of occasions and that unbalanced our back line.

Ramage - 6- cant remember him doing much wrong

Babayaro - 4 - awful first half, airkicked clearance for their first then let reading waltz into the box down our left on a few occasions. steadied a bit later after making a crucial clearance. booed by twats in the crowd.

Milner - 7 - an ok game with some good crosses, might've done better in a few promising positions.

EMre - 9 - def man of the match, was sublime at times in the first half and was at the heart of everything good we did. peach of a goal with just the right amount of dip on it.

Butt - 7.5 - very steady which is what you want from a DM. most impressive is the speed in which he releases the ball, encouraging counter-attacks. Makes a refreshing change from Parker's twists and turns. could've physically imposed himself a bit more.

N'Zogbia - 5.5 - failed to make a real impact

Sibierski - 8 - impressive. held the ball up well and worked hard, as you'd expect. but he also got into dangerous positions in the box, once firing at the keeper, once scoring, then having a legitimate goal struck off.

Martins - 7.5 - his movement has come on significantly since he signed. not only in terms of moving to the nearpost for crosses, but also working the channels and linking play. Scared Sonko on 2 or 3 occasions with brute pace. well won pen,well taken goal.

Guest SeattleToon

Emre's goal is a candidate for goal of the season...he picked up the ball at midfield, ran unchallenged with it to the top of the Reading box, turned a defender to get onto his favored left foot, and the curled the ball over Hahnemann into the top corner of the net.

Another worry for me is, that because of Milner's crap crossing, Roeder might push Nobby back to right-wing and restore Carr at right-back.

Hopefully though it'll Nobby RB and Dyer RM.

What i'm thinkin...

Another worry for me is, that because of Milner's crap crossing, Roeder might push Nobby back to right-wing and restore Carr at right-back.

Just because someone plays on the wing doesn't mean they have to do the crossing.

If Milner can do the running, the dribbling, the holding it up until Solano can get there to swing it in, then it should still be fine. The result will still be the same. A quality cross.

I really hope that Carr never plays for us again.

Switching Solano to RB could be a tactical masterstroke by Roeder IF AND ONLY IF he persists with it so long as Nobby is fit.

What a crascking fkn night  :thup: :thup:

Well done Reading fans, made good noise filled their section.

We we quiet for a while, had 2 cracking lads down in the corner infront of us, really did make it a better atmosphere down there well done you 2 whoever you were  :clap: :clap:.

My voice has gone but I don't care..  bluelaugh.gif

At 2-1 down I was ready for throwing my scarf on the pitch at the end but they stuck to it and we got a deserved win.

The Boo'ing of Baba was a disgrace early second half, he was poor but the booing does not help, Zoggy was just as poor and was not boo'd.

Nicky fkn Butt for England tbh.  :thup:

First-half diagnosis?

Should have been out of sight, but comedy defending cost us dear

Second-half diagnosis?

Showed lots of character after a dodgy start to the 2nd half

Full-time diagnosis?

Well done to come back and win from being behind at half time. Still have big issues defensively.

Star man for United?

Nicky Butt/Sibierski/Emre

Worst United player?

Babayaro by a country mile

Opposition comment?

Played some good stuff, but got overly confident and paid for it.

Toon-pros?

Good combination work down the right with Solano and Milner. Sibierski did great holding the ball up and also Emre stepped up to the plate.

Toon-cons?

Still got massive problems defensively. The LB situation is a major cause for concern.

Post-match feelings?

Relieved !

Nah probably won't happen, Roeder is sh!t scared that Milner will leave for Villa, however...since...supposedly Carr is on the "form of his career" anything is a possibility.

How was Emres goal?

:drool:

It was the kind of goal everyone dreams about scoring for Newcastle. Rob the opposition in your own half jink a midfielder run into space and lash it high into the net in a "take that you f*cking filthy w!nkers" kind of way. Very satisfying.

Just saw the highlight and couldn't have described it better.  He was due and that goal ranks up there with his one against the Scum. 

Well done to the little Turk.