Southampton 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 13/09/14 - post-match laughs from page 1

Mike

Its this protect your own cliche bull shit that seems to be a common place in a country with papers and such who generally don't hold back on their own citizens. I've covered it in many threads and will say it again - Pardew would have been sounded out as an awful, backwards, unprofessional and shit manager here in the US. Tactic junkies and blogs would single him out and the pundits on the various talk shows and such would absolutely destroy him. You only get "time" if you have a track record here. 

I did think it was funny that Carragher slated our lot for "walking" - "I'd never walk during a match! Always on your tiptoes at least!" then while they're highlighting Fabregas for Chelsea, league leaders and rampant force, against Swansea, you can see no less than 3 of the mighty Chelsea players walking, WALKING ON A FOOTBALL PITCH! And, of course, that fact is never brought up.

I love the microanalysis those guys do and generally I quite like MNF but to pinpoint that stuff is ridiculous because it happens everywhere.

Our lot are shit and don't care because of the manager and the horrendous way he prepares his team. You'll be shocked how decent that same squad would look under a decent manager. Nothing to do with walking at all.

I did think it was funny that Carragher slated our lot for "walking" - "I'd never walk during a match! Always on your tiptoes at least!" then while they're highlighting Fabregas for Chelsea, league leaders and rampant force, against Swansea, you can see no less than 3 of the mighty Chelsea players walking, WALKING ON A FOOTBALL PITCH! And, of course, that fact is never brought up.

I love the microanalysis those guys do and generally I quite like MNF but to pinpoint that stuff is ridiculous because it happens everywhere.

Our lot are shit and don't care because of the manager and the horrendous way he prepares his team. You'll be shocked how decent that same squad would look under a decent manager. Nothing to do with walking at all.

Bit of a difference when you're walking at kick off, for me though it's another stick to beat the manager with. He doesn't get us motivated in the slightest

Our defenders walk and subsequently let players score and we get thrashed 4-0 by Southampton. That's the difference.

The Chelsea clip was showing walking in the first 5 minutes of the match, though, very little difference.

My point is that sort of analysis is ridiculous and there are literally hundreds of other, better ways to hammer Pardew than that. The lads at sackpardew.com have done that well.

Our defenders walk and subsequently let players score and we get thrashed 4-0 by Southampton. That's the difference.

In general, the effort level cannot be defended full stop. Effort, positioning, all of it was a disaster. My point was simply that Carragher bleated on and on about how you NEVER walk on a pitch, always on your toes, etc then showed several clips of a winning team and a title favorite doing just that. That's all, nothing more.

Management and coaching have moved on a lot since the 1990's and with the TV money enabling smaller clubs like Swansea and Southampton the funds to spend as much as us, it really does come down to the manager. Pardew is simply outwitted by just about every manager he comes up against unless it's another dinosaur like Paul Lambert.

Management and coaching have moved on a lot since the 1990's and with the TV money enabling smaller clubs like Swansea and Southampton the funds to spend as much as us, it really does come down to the manager. Pardew is simply outwitted by just about every manager he comes up against unless it's another dinosaur like Paul Lambert.

Champions League Winner Paul Lambert has got Villa 2nd in the league and unbeaten.

Champions League Winner Paul Lambert has got Villa 2nd in the league and unbeaten.

Let's see how long that lasts.