Southampton 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 13/09/14 - post-match laughs from page 1

Mike

I'd appreciate an update on what is said on MNF about this debacle and the Pardew situation please, probably going to miss it. Cheers.

They'll say he's got his hands tied and has done a good job up there. There, saved anyone bothering to watch.

I'd appreciate an update on what is said on MNF about this debacle and the Pardew situation please, probably going to miss it. Cheers.

They'll say he's got his hands tied and has done a good job up there. There, saved anyone bothering to watch.

No doubt cabaye will be mentioned.

Guest neesy111

No doubt cabaye will be mentioned.

Damn right he will be.

Is the fact that every single player is underperforming/uninterested not systematic of a wider problem, Jamie?

Forget about the manager, look at how the team is performing. He's a fucking dick, he hated Hodgson and he had nothing on Pardew.

Jamie Carragher bemoaning our lack of heart, saying it's been a problem since they humped us 6-0. Does that no indicate that the manager is woefully out his depth having not fixed these problems a season and a half later? Absolute nuggets.

Fact of the matter really is that unless you're in the top 6 (or to a lesser extent the relegation zone) then these pundits and commentators are clueless and ignorant and it's just the same old tripe getting recycled and regurgitated. Blame the owner, blame Cabaye, blame the fans for being too demanding. Pick your poison. It's the easy thing to do. They have no interest in Newcastle but have to talk about us so they whittle off the old cliches. I actually heard the commentator during the Soton game say that fans disliked Pardew because he wasn't from the area :eyeroll:

That's why it's disappointing to me when someone like Shearer, who has a vested interest in the club, doesn't speak up more. He is in a position of influence on MOTD and yet he barely seems willing to criticize Pardew at all. I know he has a responsibility to be impartial but it's not like this is even a matter of opinion anymore really. The facts and statistics speak for themselves but aside from the odd article you barely hear it mentioned on TV or other mainstream media.

What I find staggering is the concept that clubs with the support and funds (albeit not at the ridiculous limitless levels of one or two clubs at the very top) shouldn't expect much just because they're not traditionally amongst the winners. Surely the fact that we never win anything gives us the right to expect more? The media have no problem with Man Utd fans protesting, and they win something almost every fucking year.

It's totally backwards.

Because we got relegated, it's now become laughable for a Newcastle fan to suggest we should be competing in the top six, as if it's a different club now.

Very refreshing to hear someone on TalkSport earlier (Perry Groves maybe) saying that it was completely wrong for Newcastle to be seen as a mid-table club. Not generally a fan of that radio station but they've been the only ones interested in talking sense on this.

Guest neesy111

Because we got relegated, it's now become laughable for a Newcastle fan to suggest we should be competing in the top six, as if it's a different club now.

Very refreshing to hear someone on TalkSport earlier (Perry Groves maybe) saying that it was completely wrong for Newcastle to be seen that way. Not generally a fan of that radio station but they've been the only ones interested in talking sense on this.

But when man city get mentioned.....