Swansea City 2-2 Newcastle United - 4/10/14 - Post match reaction from page 31

Mike

Saying that Ashley is a bigger problem as a means to justify not sacking Pardew is nonsense. It's like having Ebola and AIDS at the same time. Ashley is AIDS, Pardew is Ebola. Just because you have AIDS doesn't mean you shouldn't try and get rid of the Ebola.

Yes, in the long term AIDS will kill you and will always be there hovering over you in the background. Much like Ashley. But you can still live a relatively good life with AIDS, in the short-term. With Ebola, you can't. Every day is awful and your existence a misery. That's Pardew. Every day he is in charge it makes being a fan suck. Without Ebola (ie. a better manager), we could still enjoy matchdays, not wanting to see the team lose, we could still play a brand of football that isn't turgid and negative. We could enjoy having a manager who isn't smug and arrogant and who doesn't have a list of excuses longer than John Holmes' shaft. One that doesn't blame the fans for bad results, or science, or the Nothing Hill carnival. Ebola will also kill you in the short-term, much like we are in danger of being relegated under Pardew.

That at least made sense in my head  :lol:

Are you trying to divert funds away from AIDS research with this?

Ashley & Pardew out!

But wanting us to lose....... never! *

Only hope I can see is that the FCB** will see a better opportunity with Rangers than us and  sell up.

Well done Cisse  lad, two good poachers goals.

*Good for you.

** Monumental cringe.

Why would a fan want us to lose???

Replace Pardew...... fair enough but that doesn't solve the structural problem of the club which is to sell a player as soon as they have played well for any given length of time.

Until Ashley goes we are in a no win situation.

Oh my god. Really? Why would a fan want us to lose in the current situation? Really? Have you ever heard of short term pain for long term gain?

As for the rest, go here: www.sackpardew.com and have a read.

I have read it. I'm saying that given the owner we have it makes no difference.

They are a package. One fits the business plan of the other.

And on the subject of short term pain for long term gain........ why does no one ever just boycott the games??? OMG we couldn't possibly give up a few Saturdays, what on earth would we do instead?

There it is :lol:

Yes. The obvious solution but you haven't the courage to do it..... so just accept your lot.

Newcastle fans have Stockholm syndrome. Complain but never do anything really meaningful for change.

I haven't set foot in SJP since Leeds :lol:

The obvious solution ffs, because a mass boycott is that simple.

Please explain how not? Simpler than trying to print thousands of cards, sneak them in and hold them up after x minutes. People managed that, although they fuc*ed up by warning the club.

It should be relatively easy to just stay away with this awful football, no?

Ashley & Pardew out!

Only hope I can see is that the FCB** will see a better opportunity with Rangers than us and  sell up.

*Good for you.

** Monumental cringe.

Replace Pardew...... fair enough but that doesn't solve the structural problem of the club which is to sell a player as soon as they have played well for any given length of time.

Oh my god. Really? Why would a fan want us to lose in the current situation? Really? Have you ever heard of short term pain for long term gain?

And on the subject of short term pain for long term gain........ why does no one ever just boycott the games??? OMG we couldn't possibly give up a few Saturdays, what on earth would we do instead?

Yes. The obvious solution but you haven't the courage to do it..... so just accept your lot.

Newcastle fans have Stockholm syndrome. Complain but never do anything really meaningful for change.

Please explain how not? Simpler than trying to print thousands of cards, sneak them in and hold them up after x minutes. People managed that, although they fuc*ed up by warning the club.

How would you go about motivating 50 thousand people not to attend home games?

Guest Alyosha

Saying that Ashley is a bigger problem as a means to justify not sacking Pardew is nonsense. It's like having Ebola and AIDS at the same time. Ashley is AIDS, Pardew is Ebola. Just because you have AIDS doesn't mean you shouldn't try and get rid of the Ebola.

Yes, in the long term AIDS will kill you and will always be there hovering over you in the background. Much like Ashley. But you can still live a relatively good life with AIDS, in the short-term. With Ebola, you can't. Every day is awful and your existence a misery. That's Pardew. Every day he is in charge it makes being a fan suck. Without Ebola (ie. a better manager), we could still enjoy matchdays, not wanting to see the team lose, we could still play a brand of football that isn't turgid and negative. We could enjoy having a manager who isn't smug and arrogant and who doesn't have a list of excuses longer than John Holmes' shaft. One that doesn't blame the fans for bad results, or science, or the Nothing Hill carnival. Ebola will also kill you in the short-term, much like we are in danger of being relegated under Pardew.

That at least made sense in my head  :lol:

Thats actually a great analogy  :lol:

Guest neesy111

So 1 league win in 15 is just down to Ashley?  Righteo.

Yeah, we sold/let go our 3 best players in Cabaye, Debuchy and Remy. They haven't been replaced. Pardew is rank average at best.... but IMO it really makes little difference in the long run with Ashley at the helm.

So how has Ronald Koeman done so well at Southampton having his 5 best players sold from him?

Ashley & Pardew out!

*Good for you.

** Monumental cringe.

If they need motivating much with this owner and manager then all hope is lost.

I would think a popular movement along the lines of SackPardew.com but advocating staying away. Get the local rags involved to also get the word out.... they will be keen.  Encourage the stay aways to meet up at a Gateshead or Blyth game and have some fun again.

Guest Gino14

People do realise Footballers come and go right?  We've brought in a lot of players since Cabaye left.

I can't believe people are still trotting that one out.  Give Pardew long enough in charge and we'll be in the Conference league with people still saying shouting "but we sold Cabaye."  Move on FFS!

You are showing a complete lack of knowledge and understanding of our fan base.

I went to the games for 20 years before I moved. I still have my season ticket in the hope I will one day move back. 

So please do enlighten me about the "fan base".

I am firmly in the "Ashley is the bigger problem than Pardew" camp, but even then, I don't understand people who criticise others for wanting Pardew out at all. Besides from the fact that it is possible to be critical of both simultaneously, and natural to want to see a better brand of football and results than are currently being served up, it's not like protesting against Pardew or wanting your team to lose for a longer term gain deflects pressure from Ashley. Pardew is Ashley's puppet, by putting pressure on his puppet people are putting pressure on Ashley by proxy. The situation in this season feels very much like the 2009 did, anger is building up and the longer Ashley persists with keeping Pardew in a job, the more the pressure will also build on Ashley, from the fans as well as from the impending relegation. Things are coming to a head, which surely should be applauded by any fan who is fed up with what this club has become in recent times.

You are showing a complete lack of knowledge and understanding of our fan base.

I went to the games for 20 years before I moved. I still have my season ticket in the hope I will one day move back. 

So please do enlighten me about the "fan base".

We tried a walkout against Cardiff last season and most just sat there looking miserable. That is our SJP fan base.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, we sold/let go our 3 best players in Cabaye, Debuchy and Remy. They haven't been replaced. Pardew is rank average at best.... but IMO it really makes little difference in the long run with Ashley at the helm.

So how has Ronald Koeman done so well at Southampton having his 5 best players sold from him?

Could you answer this question please?

He can't.

Guest neesy111

He can't.

I can, because Pardew is a Shite manager while Koeman isn't.

He can't.

I can, because Pardew is a s**** manager while Koeman isn't.

I could as well because I find Pardew the biggest piece of shit manager I've seen at this club and that says alot with Souness having been here not long ago.

Guest neesy111

He can't.

I can, because Pardew is a s**** manager while Koeman isn't.

I could as well because I find Pardew the biggest piece of shit manager I've seen at this club and that says alot with Souness having been here not long ago.

:thup:

If anyone is readni this on there way home, there is some fairly major train disruptions ongoing at the moment.  Try if you can avoid travelling from Carlisle to Newcastle also past Newcastle heading North to Edinburgh is closed.

Ashley & Pardew out!

*Good for you.

** Monumental cringe.

If they need motivating much with this owner and manager then all hope is lost.

I would think a popular movement along the lines of SackPardew.com but advocating staying away. Get the local rags involved to also get the word out.... they will be keen.  Encourage the stay aways to meet up at a Gateshead or Blyth game and have some fun again.

What's that going to achieve? For a single match most people (season ticket holders) have already paid in advance, but let's just assume you could get 50k fans to not attend home matches for a whole season. That would cost Ashley what, 20 million (compared to the 70m TV revenue and prize money for just being in this league)? This whole idea of a boycott is completely unrealistic not only on the level of people joining in sufficiently and long term enough to make an impact, but also because the balance of power has shifted massively in favour of other revenue streams.

50k people giving the bastards in charge of the club pure hell for 90 minutes (and outside of the ground wherever they can) however, would soon make a much bigger difference. It's absolutely criminal that Ashley has been able to attend matches at SJP in relative peace since what happened 5 years ago and until very recently.

I don't disagree he is crap. So who is this fabulous manager that will change the dog-shit that is Riviere and Cabella into decent players?

This shit house of an owner is likely to bring in JFK, Wise or El-Tel.

So Cabella is dog s*** after this many games? Wow

How can he not put in a decent cross? Or a shot with any power?

I refuse to believe that was coached out of him in a couple of months. And Riviere, your views?

These two replacements for Cabaye and Remy. What a joke.

Guest firetotheworks

It's canny staggering that there are still people like NJM that exist tbh. Asking the SAME questions that have been knocked out of the park over and over again for months and months and months. It's frustrating in a way, but it's in the minority now.

I don't disagree he is crap. So who is this fabulous manager that will change the dog-s*** that is Riviere and Cabella into decent players?

This s*** house of an owner is likely to bring in JFK, Wise or El-Tel.

:lol: :lol:

Oh wow.