Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The victim has had to change identities 5 times since it happened.

Down to dickheads on twitter and that though, not Evans fault really is it? Not like he's doing a Michael Myers and pursuing her or owt.

Guest TruToon94

Say Evans was a plumber, stock trader, green grocer, car salesman etc. Would he not be allowed to practice any of those professions after committing a crime and serving his sentence. He should be allowed back into football but then of course it's up to the individual club to employ him, again their own choice. If a club is willing to give him a 2nd chance they are to be commended in my opinion.

Actually he probably wouldn't. This isn't just any crime though it's the most heinous crime I can think of. I don't get how anybody's sticking up for a rapist TBH.

What's the alternative bud, he pays for a mistake for the rest of his life? When is he allowed back into the fold of society so to speak. He's served his time at her majesty's pleasure so he's square with the house. You get a very short career as a footballer so why shouldn't he be allowed back to work as long as he fulfills the terms of his licence.

Or

Do we shun him, not allowing him gainful employment all down to a stupid drunken mistake?

I have never when drunk come close to rape. I've never known anybody in my life who has either. You can't drunkenly rape somebody by an accident under any circumstances. In fact mate it's pretty much the one thing that's impossible to accidentally do and fuck yeah, if when you have a drink you feel the urge to rape something I don't really think you should be walking out and about the streets.

What I don't get is why he didn't just make a statement apologising for getting into such a situation where he was convicted of rape. He didn't have to apologise directly for raping her if he truly believes he didn't, but he could still apologise to her for creating a scenario she later (rightly or wrongly) considered to be rape.

That's a solid point.

It would be quite mental if they acquitted him of the crime in terms of the lawsuit he could put together. I am not condoning rape in anyway is the most horrendous crime and any rapist or paedo should be neutered imo. He seems adamant he isn't guilty and he would have had his advisors pleading with him to apologise etc so he may be able to salvage some kind of career. I am not saying he is innocent, he may just be thick but if he is it will be an insane legal battle if he takes the legal system to court.

Say Evans was a plumber, stock trader, green grocer, car salesman etc. Would he not be allowed to practice any of those professions after committing a crime and serving his sentence. He should be allowed back into football but then of course it's up to the individual club to employ him, again their own choice. If a club is willing to give him a 2nd chance they are to be commended in my opinion.

Actually he probably wouldn't. This isn't just any crime though it's the most heinous crime I can think of. I don't get how anybody's sticking up for a rapist TBH.

What's the alternative bud, he pays for a mistake for the rest of his life? When is he allowed back into the fold of society so to speak. He's served his time at her majesty's pleasure so he's square with the house. You get a very short career as a footballer so why shouldn't he be allowed back to work as long as he fulfills the terms of his licence.

Or

Do we shun him, not allowing him gainful employment all down to a stupid drunken mistake?

I have never when drunk come close to rape. I've never known anybody in my life who has either. You can't drunkenly rape somebody by an accident under any circumstances. In fact mate it's pretty much the one thing that's impossible to accidentally do and f*** yeah, if when you have a drink you feel the urge to rape something I don't really think you should be walking out and about the streets.

Tbf mate I doubt we've both been in a drunken situation with shit loads of women throwing themselves at us to the length they do to professional footballers. It's not like he's waited in a dark alley with his Bally on and his cock and balls out is it? He's been out, brought a bird back and knobbed her when they were both pissed and she said that she said no.

It's a funny one and no means no but I've never been in the situation where I've been surrounded by faff and off me kite on booze and fuck knows what else.

Guest TruToon94

Or

I have never when drunk come close to rape. I've never known anybody in my life who has either. You can't drunkenly rape somebody by an accident under any circumstances. In fact mate it's pretty much the one thing that's impossible to accidentally do and f*** yeah, if when you have a drink you feel the urge to rape something I don't really think you should be walking out and about the streets.

Tbf mate I doubt we've both been in a drunken situation with s*** loads of women throwing themselves at us to the length they do to professional footballers. It's not like he's waited in a dark alley with his Bally on and his cock and balls out is it? He's been out, brought a bird back and knobbed her when they were both p*ssed and she said that she said no.

It's a funny one and no means no but I've never been in the situation where I've been surrounded by faff and off me kite on booze and f*** knows what else.

Ah that's alright then. 90% aren't under a dark alleway either, they're usually friends/family. And the law in Britain is stuck in the fucking dark ages on rape. Pirating nets you a potential term longer than rape?

If you're not sure you would rape somebody if you were drunk and surrounded by booze then I'm seriously worried.  O0

I'm saying I've never been in the situation bud. I know I'd never ever go out with the intention of rape but I also know that if any of the women I'd ever brought back and shagged when I was younger decided to cry rape then I'd be probably in the same boat as Evans. It's be my word against hers and all down to who had the best brief.

Food for thought eh?

Of course you can drunkenly 'rape' someone by accident, man :lol:

There's a clear difference between taking advantage of someone and actually full on raping them too (I don't know which one Ched did tbh as we don't know all of the evidence) and not accepting that does nothing for your argument. Both are wrong, one is quite clearly worse.

Down to dickheads on twitter and that though, not Evans fault really is it? Not like he's doing a Michael Myers and pursuing her or owt.

His website and family haven't helped like.

Guest TruToon94

I'm saying I've never been in the situation bud. I know I'd never ever go out with the intention of rape but I also know that if any of the women I'd ever brought back and shagged when I was younger decided to cry rape then I'd be probably in the same boat as Evans. It's be my word against hers and all down to who had the best brief.

Food for thought eh?

Aye I see your point but from what I've read about how it went down, (namely the fact that there were like four or five blokes watching and having a go) it really don't look like that to me. To me that's the thing, the number weren't even remotely equal and it wasn't uno to uno.

His website and family haven't helped like.

Yeah I'll concede the point there. Hardly been the classiest of advocates for "justice" it must be said.

Guest TruToon94

There's a clear difference between taking advantage of someone and actually full on raping them too (I don't know which one Ched did tbh as we don't know all of the evidence) and not accepting that does nothing for your argument. Both are wrong, one is quite clearly worse.

:dowie:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

What I don't get is why he didn't just make a statement apologising for getting into such a situation where he was convicted of rape. He didn't have to apologise directly for raping her if he truly believes he didn't, but he could still apologise to her for creating a scenario she later (rightly or wrongly) considered to be rape.

Totally agree with this

:dowie:

Do I honestly need to explain how someone can have sex with someone whilst drunk, believing they were given consent, only to be arrested for rape because the other party came to the conclusion they were too drunk to consent in the morning?

He'll have been advised against it by his legal team I imagine.

Any teacher, policeman, person in a position of trust found guilty of rape would lose their job and wouldn't be able to get the same job for the very reason they are in an influential position, a position of trust. And for that reason a footballer who is the idol of many young fans shouldn't be able to take that position again

Any teacher, policeman, person in a position of trust found guilty of rape would lose their job and wouldn't be able to get the same job for the very reason they are in an influential position, a position of trust. And for that reason a footballer who is the idol of many young fans shouldn't be able to take that position again

Your not comparing footballers to civil servants are you?

No more the fact that in certain jobs after being found guilty for an abhorrent crime you can't just re take up a position in the same job because of a right to work.

Influence on people in that job needs to be accounted for.

He was found guilty- whether he feels he is innocent or not is no concern

If you genuinely believe you are innocent I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to say so, even after conviction.

He could issue some sort of 'I apologise for the harm caused inadvertently', but I doubt many people would welcome that.

Well a very common argument against him is his apparent lack of remorse and apology. I just think he could quite easily do both without admitting to anything other than being there.

If you genuinely believe you are innocent I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to say so, even after conviction.

He could issue some sort of 'I apologise for the harm caused inadvertently', but I doubt many people would welcome that.

Well a very common argument against him is his apparent lack of remorse and apology. I just think he could quite easily do both without admitting to anything other than being there.

Yeah I understand the remorse issue, I just think it would be quite difficult to apologise in a way that would mean anything. And also, if he really believes he's innocent it might not be foremost in his mind anyway.

Canny hard to come up with up the right answer obviously.

Give rapist footballers soljaz salaries

Give rapist footballers soljaz salaries

:lol:

I read yesterday that the victim continues to be harassed by Evans' supporters and has had to move and change her identity 5 times.

So he is still indirectly causing problems for his victim by not acknowledging or accepting his guilt.

I read yesterday that the victim continues to be harassed by Evans' supporters and has had to move and change her identity 5 times.

So he is still indirectly causing problems for his victim by not acknowledging or accepting his guilt.

But what if he's actually not guilty? :lol:

I honestly don't know what's happened here, and neither does anyone who's putting their input in really. We cannot say one one or the other.

She could be an innocent victim being harassed by a genuinely disgusting man and his family, she could believe that's the case but her memory of events could be different to what actually happened, she could have bent the truth in an attempt to make money out of a famous footballer. It's an incredibly fucked up situation and if anything an example of why these cases should be kept secret.