Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kids f***ed, might as well give up now and see if Asda will take him stacking shelves

I don't even see this as a joke. It's exactly what he should do. He had a great opportunity, he f***ed it up. Be thankful to be out of prison and put in a shift at a normal, profileless job.

He, along with all people released from prison, might as well just go and jump off a bridge based on your logic. Why doesn't he just settle for a life on the dole taking taxpayer's money if he's only allowed to apply for perceived shit jobs. He has a right to seek employment in any area he chooses. If clubs won't employ him then he will have to look somewhere else, fair enough. 

This is the point. He's not in a position to be fussy and there is no entitlement. Football has no obligation to take him back and he should be more than happy to work at a 'shit' job. He needs to accept he screwed up his career and it's over.

I agree with you that football has no obligation to take him back. But if a club chooses to offer him a deal, they should not be met with online petitions, sponsor boycotts and politicians deriding them for doing so.

Kids f***ed, might as well give up now and see if Asda will take him stacking shelves

I don't even see this as a joke. It's exactly what he should do. He had a great opportunity, he f***ed it up. Be thankful to be out of prison and put in a shift at a normal, profileless job.

He, along with all people released from prison, might as well just go and jump off a bridge based on your logic. Why doesn't he just settle for a life on the dole taking taxpayer's money if he's only allowed to apply for perceived shit jobs. He has a right to seek employment in any area he chooses. If clubs won't employ him then he will have to look somewhere else, fair enough. 

This is the point. He's not in a position to be fussy and there is no entitlement. Football has no obligation to take him back and he should be more than happy to work at a 'shit' job. He needs to accept he screwed up his career and it's over.

this is the issue, clubs clearly do want to employ the man but are being 'forced' not to do so as him going back to football has become such a huge thing in itself when it needn't have been

I agree with you that football has no obligation to take him back. But if a club chooses to offer him a deal, they should not be met with online petitions, sponsor boycotts and politicians deriding them for doing so.

:thup:  fucking finally

Why not? People associated with those clubs don't want their club soiled by association. If he's allowed to seek employment again in football then people are allowed to voice their objections to it.

He, along with all people released from prison, might as well just go and jump off a bridge based on your logic. Why doesn't he just settle for a life on the dole taking taxpayer's money if he's only allowed to apply for perceived s*** jobs. He has a right to seek employment in any area he chooses. If clubs won't employ him then he will have to look somewhere else, fair enough. 

This is the point. He's not in a position to be fussy and there is no entitlement. Football has no obligation to take him back and he should be more than happy to work at a 's***' job. He needs to accept he screwed up his career and it's over.

this is the issue, clubs clearly do want to employ the man but are being 'forced' not to do so as him going back to football has become such a huge thing in itself when it needn't have been

They can employ him, they aren't being forced, they're being told that many people don't agree with it. They have to weigh up what's best for the club. If it means he doesn't get signed then he only has himself to blame there.

Eh? Why shouldn't people be allowed to have petitions against it?

they are allowed, but they're clearly massively open to abuse and keeping evans out of football has become a thing in itself now imho - if it was a poll of genuine supporters who were always knocking him back then aye fine but it's clearly not

assuming those 4k/20k oldham petition numbers are correct it's just nonsense

His girlfriends dad is a multi millionaire, is bankrolling his website, defence and appeal and has already stated that should Evans not get back into football there will always be a job for him at his company.

Apparently one of the board members has been told where his daughter works and that she'll be raped if they continue.

Just heard that. Other staff members at Oldham have been threatened. It's getting quite difficult to work out who's the baddie in all of this.

The fact he's a convicted rapist is only part of the problem with Evans. it is also his behaviour since (the references to "my infidelity", the girlfriend's rich family bankrolling him, and offering to cover any losses as a result of employing him, the people hanging around him in his retinue), he really has created a situation where it is harder for him to get back into the game, not easier.

they are allowed, but they're clearly massively open to abuse and keeping evans out of football has become a thing in itself now imho - if it was a poll of genuine supporters who were always knocking him back then aye fine but it's clearly not

I see your point here but I think you need to look at the repercussions of him getting back into football. Parents, regardless of whether they like football or not, will want to sign the petition if they have kids who like football.

The fact he's a convicted rapist is only part of the problem with Evans. it is also his behaviour since (the references to "my infidelity", the girlfriend's rich family bankrolling him, and offering to cover any losses as a result of employing him, the people hanging around him in his retinue), he really has created a situation where it is harder for him to get back into the game, not easier.

Agree with this. If he had shown remorse he might well have got back into football eventually.

Apparently one of the board members has been told where his daughter works and that she'll be raped if they continue.

the f***?  is this supposed to be real?

Sky news have just said due to threats to family members of the board.

I see your point here but I think you need to look at the repercussions of him getting back into football. Parents, regardless of whether they like football or not, will want to sign the petition if they have kids who like football.

so it's think of the children now? :lol:

i'll not agree he should be blocked from playing if clubs want him to play for them, which they obviously do

Yeah, agree with you 100%. I wouldn't be so against him returning to football had he shown some signs of reformation. As it is though he doesn't appear to have learnt anything from his experience.

Yeah, agree with you 100%. I wouldn't be so against him returning to football had he shown some signs of reformation. As it is though he doesn't appear to have learnt anything from his experience.

He maintains his innocence so any apology or show of remorse would only be superficial.

so it's think of the children now? :lol:

i'll not agree he should be blocked from playing if clubs want him to play for them, which they obviously do

He isn't blocked from returning to football, though.

That's a pretty important point.

Clubs are not signing him because the fans or sponsors - or both - do not want to see their club associated with someone like him. That's entirely understandable, but it is not the same thing as being "blocked" from playing, which implies some form of legal restriction.

Kinda see what you mean brummie. However if It was me and I was convinced and beleived I was innocent then I sure as hell wouldn't be showing remorse, just to appease the masses either.

The whole thing from both sides seems distasteful in the extreme and I agree the 'aggressive' camapign and retinue around him harm his case imo.

I would however be stating that rape is abhorent and that I don't just view women as sex objects etc. I think he's been badly advised on this aspect.

Looking at the original case it does seem an odd one, and not a cut and dried solid case at all..imo.

Lad shoud try and clear his name legally and if that happens then re start.

The rape threat against Oldham staff etc can't be real. that is some sick shit.

Oldham have received death threats - SSN. Can't imagine anyone going for him - just not worth the hassle.

The fuck? :lol: So murder is now seen as morally more acceptable than rape.

Some people really are thick as shit.

He maintains his innocence so any apology or show of remorse would only be superficial.

He can think he is innocent as much as he likes, and an apology would be hollow, but the way he has acted, with the support of his girfriend's rich family, smacks of arrogance, and the suggestion that if you've got enough cash, you can just buy yourself out of trouble.

Look at any football forum you like where people are discussing this and you'll see people suggesting he's actually not guilty, or what he did wasn't too bad, that it happens all the time where young people go out to get pissed, all these things, but the fact remains, Ched Evans has been tried according to the laws of the land and found guilty. He launched an appeal against his conviction, which was refused.

The law says he's a convicted rapist, the law has said it twice.

The "yeah but" shit which goes on amongst football fans (and clubs, it seems) makes me want to puke.