'Passion, not poison’

Guest thenorthumbrian

The mongs from either side won't give a shit about this and the usual shit will still happen on the day.

:thup: welcome them to town, before they retreat back to the pub, re-emerging at full-time to wave them off home.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The mongs from either side won't give a s*** about this and the usual s*** will still happen on the day.

The problem is that a lot of the half-headed hairy teeth b@stards who cause bother in the town have never set foot inside St James' Park.

Most of the trouble seems to come from dickheads smashing up trains and punching horses.  When's the last time there was any proper bother between the fans?

yeah but that's cos NP have the day sewn up and well organised, take the police away and there would be hell on.

Most of the trouble seems to come from dickheads smashing up trains and punching horses.  When's the last time there was any proper bother between the fans?

yeah but that's cos NP have the day sewn up and well organised, take the police away and there would be hell on.

Could say that about every other day.

Tbf, I'm pretty sure the reason most of the knackers turn out on derby day is just to fight the police. Horses and all in one cunts case. I'd hate to be a copper on derby day. Like sitting ducks in the middle while charvers from both side hoy shit at you in the knowledge you can only fight back to a certain extent.

Pretty sure that some police are properly up for trouble as well, I remember walking up to the match on derby day a few years back and my dad just stopping to talk to one copper (probably something quite benign knowing my dad and his crack), bear in mind my dad is in his 70's, and the copper pushed him along shouting about keeping moving or something, I swear the guy was on his toes bouncing like a boxer looking to throw the punch, they get too fired up for it - expecting the worst and because most are fuckin cowards that hide behind their uniform and truncheon they have no idea how to responsibly control a crowd without causing antagonism....

Just look at the state of the US the last few weeks when they get a bit of civil disorder.....

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm sure I once read that most of those arrested around these games, didn't attend the actual match. The Derby has become more than a football match or football rivalry in recent years and I trace it back to when they locked away fans out of the match, at both grounds, back in the 90s. An absolutely stupid decision. Since then it seems the match is more about regional politics, hooliganism and other bull shit rather than the actual footy. It's a surprise no-one has been killed yet. I agree with Bruce, it has become a nasty affair rather than a feisty affair. It's almost like the old firm games. I'm all for making the Derby atmopshere hellish for their team and fans, but outside of the actual match, they are fellow North Easterners, our close neighbours, of whom we share much in common. Sure lets not be Liverpool vs Everton pally, but howay, the events of past derbies are embarrassing to the region, us as people and our two clubs. Again, I'd far rather have a pint with a mackem than say a Chelsea fan and ideally I'd love it if all NE teams were doing well and riding high, with the Toon at the top of course.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but it's the kids that are the problem. The kids and the bitter old cunts with nothing better to do that the kids look up to.