Summer clear-out

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I can't wait to buy an exciting player, watch him play well and then be dropped for Obertan, Ameobi, Riviere or Gouffran. I miss Ben Arfa like, loads. Even when we were shit he was the anchor that gave my soul license to soar. His feet wrote poems to the stars and we were all given invitations to dream. We all RSVP'd but then the party was cancelled and we woke up to a never ending nightmare.

:lol:

I'm not gonna lie. When they brought him back just to fire him. God damn.

I can't wait to buy an exciting player, watch him play well and then be dropped for Obertan, Ameobi, Riviere or Gouffran. I miss Ben Arfa like, loads. Even when we were shit he was the anchor that gave my soul license to soar. His feet wrote poems to the stars and we were all given invitations to dream. We all RSVP'd but then the party was cancelled and we woke up to a never ending nightmare.

The Cabella thing this season's been appalling as well, unceremoniously dropped after a handful of games rarely to be seen again in favour of largely ineffectual replacements.  Finally cobbling together his NUFC career a bit again now, but on the back foot already due to perceived laziness/softness versus perceived graft/brute.  Because of a few games at the start getting used to the league.  It was so familiar yet almost as infuriating.  Takes the piss.

Guest firetotheworks

The Cabella thing this season's been appalling as well, unceremoniously dropped after a handful of games rarely to be seen again in favour of largely ineffectual replacements.  Finally cobbling together his NUFC career a bit again now, but on the back foot already due to perceived laziness/softness versus perceived graft/brute.  Because of a few games at the start getting used to the league.  It was so familiar yet almost as infuriating.  Takes the piss.

Aye exactly! The Cabella sitch is what I was referring to really. With HBA there was the whole attitude/tracking back excuse. With Cabella they don't even bother excusing it, probably because everyone's too exhausted to bother asking. Resigned to the reality that whatever excuse is irrelevant (and probably a lie anyway) because Carver and co are so catastrophically terrible that there's no point in quibbling what would be a big issue (dropping Cabella for Obertan) under other management, but under these worthless cunts feels like a minor quibble.

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to buy an exciting player, watch him play well and then be dropped for Obertan, Ameobi, Riviere or Gouffran. I miss Ben Arfa like, loads. Even when we were s*** he was the anchor that gave my soul license to soar. His feet wrote poems to the stars and we were all given invitations to dream. We all RSVP'd but then the party was cancelled and we woke up to a never ending nightmare.

The Cabella thing this season's been appalling as well, unceremoniously dropped after a handful of games rarely to be seen again in favour of largely ineffectual replacements.  Finally cobbling together his NUFC career a bit again now, but on the back foot already due to perceived laziness/softness versus perceived graft/brute.  Because of a few games at the start getting used to the league.  It was so familiar yet almost as infuriating.  Takes the p*ss.

He's must have been devasted to be left on the bench and have to watch Sammy Ameobi tripping over the ball for 75 minutes (to be replaced by a left back)

We have a thread for a summer clearout every year. Usually a good indication that we've had another s*** season.

Yup. And to make matters worse we often don't clear out the deadwood, and bring in more.

Guest chicken little

feed them all into a fucking woodchipper

turn the stadium into an open-air flea market or somert

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the clear out has started. Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Jak Alnwick, Remie Streete and Adam Campbell have not been offered a new contract. Sammy Ameobi has been offered a new contract (possibly just to trigger a compensation payment if another club comes in for him). Unknown if Lubomir Satka has been offered a new contract or not.

I assume Mike Ashley would be happy to get a fee for any of the players with one year left on their contract (but that includes 3 of our centre backs).

The contracts of Ryan Taylor, Jonas Gutierrez, Sammy Ameobi, Jak Alnwick, Remie Streete, Adam Campbell and Lubomir Satka all expire in June 2015. I doubt any of them will be offered a new deal apart from Sammy. We must buy at least one player who can take good free kicks to replace and upgrade on Ryan Taylor.

The contracts of Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson, Rob Elliot, Haris Vučkić, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Mehdi Abeid, Shane Ferguson, Sylvain Marveaux, Kevin Mbabu and Alex Gilliead all expire in June 2016. Out of all those players I could only see the club possibly considering offering Abeid a new contract. I'm sure NUFC would be happy to sell most of them if they could get a fee.

Contract end dates taken from: -

http://www.nufc.com/2014-15html/squad.html

• 2 months later...

Players out: -

Jak Alnwick (Released)

Adam Campbell (Released)

Jonas Gutierrez (Released)

Remi Streete (Released)

Ryan Taylor (Released)

Sammy Ameobi (New 2 year contract signed and then loaned to Cardiff City for a season)

Adam Armstrong (Loaned to Coventry City for half a season)

Freddie Woodman (Loaned to Crawley Town)

Shane Ferguson (Loaned to Millwall)

Remy Cabella (Loaned to Olympique Marseille for the season with an option to buy at the end of the season)

Mehdi Abeid (Sold to Panathinaikos for an unconfirmed fee)

The contracts of Mike Williamson, Rob Elliot, Haris Vučkić, Gabriel Obertan, Steven Taylor, Shane Ferguson (loaned out), Sylvain Marveaux, Kevin Mbabu and Alex Gilliead all expire in June 2016. The summer transfer window for Premier League clubs closes on Tuesday 1 September at 1800 BST. We can expect the club to try to move most of these players (probably not Steven Taylor) on in the next week (failing that, they could be loaned to Championship clubs in the 'emergency' loan window). The club are also looking to move on Yoan Gouffran and Gael Bigirimana.

Players in: -

Georginio Wijnaldum (From PSV Eindhoven for a reported £14.5m)

Aleksandar Mitrovic (From Anderlecht for a reported £13m)

Chancel Mbemba (From Anderlecht for a reported £7m)

Ivan Toney (From Northampton Town for an undisclosed fee, possibly £500K)

Florian Thauvin (From Olympique Marseille for a reported £12m)