Starting Over - Splinter Club

Tiresias

We should contact them for help and advice, contact true faith and anyone else to try and gauge interest, and get others involved and we need people willing to commit their spare time to it. I will of course.

Also I know :p Should be Newcastle FC if I'm serious :p

Mike Ashley can suck a dick FC?

I think starting a brand new football club is one of the most exciting enterprises I could ever think of.

But it being created amidst the context of Newcastle United fan revolt doesn't sit right with me. Personally, I would see it as giving up on something vastly significant and profound - simply because one man holds the cards for the time being. And I say this from a position of crippling apathy.

There's no doubting Ashley's corporate and financial stranglehold on the club. But sprouting a new club purely on the back of his cuntery would feel like admitting defeat, and turning our backs on Newcastle United once and for all. Which doesn't seem fair on the club as a historical, romantic and hugely significant sporting entity.

I'm not suggesting that my opinion is worth anything, but I don't feel that I could ever support anything like this.

I think starting a brand new football club is one of the most exciting enterprises I could ever think of.

But it being created amidst the context of Newcastle United fan revolt doesn't sit right with me. Personally, I would see it as giving up on something vastly significant and profound - simply because one man holds the cards for the time being. And I say this from a position of crippling apathy.

There's no doubting Ashley's corporate and financial stranglehold on the club. But sprouting a new club purely on the back of his cuntery would feel like admitting defeat, and turning our backs on Newcastle United once and for all. Which doesn't seem fair on the club as a historical, romantic and hugely significant sporting entity.

I'm not suggesting that my opinion is worth anything, but I don't feel that I could ever support anything like this.

No, it just means that until he's out, we're out.

I do know what you mean. But how long can this go on? The club's not sleeping it's dead, and of course Ashley may sell up tomorrow, and if we go down he may well sell up, but who's to say he'll sell it to anyone better anyway. Is it defeat? Whatever happens to our club it's so completely out of our hands is it really our club anymore?

If ashley sold up and we were running Real Newcastle, I'd imagine we'd stick with it for a few seasons to see what happened to Newcastle United, but it may be difficult to keep it going. I do really like the idea of the club being fan owned and always being that. I'm getting more and more sick of the premier league's total disconnect to the fans.

Incidentally, I never really understood the FC United thing.

AFC Wimbledon; sure. Those people had their club completely taken away from them.

Same here. One of their objections, beside the Glazers, was their opposition to Sky TV so I trust that should they get into the football league they would refuse the sky money otherwise they're being awfully hypocritical.

In that case I don't really understand the motivation behind the whole project.

I do know what you mean. But how long can this go on? The club's not sleeping it's dead, and of course Ashley may sell up tomorrow, and if we go down he may well sell up, but who's to say he'll sell it to anyone better anyway. Is it defeat? Whatever happens to our club it's so completely out of our hands is it really our club anymore?

It surely isn't. It's not even a football club anymore.

The ultimate goal would be to unite the clubs again (like in 1892). Without the fans Ashley FC is nothing. As the new club rises the old club struggles and its name, history and ground is acquired by the peoples group. Its a dream and it might take years but it in my mind is the goal

Do you honestly think that, then? Fair enough if you do - I'm certainly not having a pop. But as long as Newcastle United FC is above the masthead, it's still breathing - barely.

I wouldn't resent any fan for trying to stick it out with Newcastle United, but it's just...I don't think there's anything that we can do that will influence the direction the club takes now. Even if Ashley sells up it's a total gamble.

I do really like the idea of the club being fan owned and always being that. I'm getting more and more sick of the premier league's total disconnect to the fans.

That's a sentiment I can get on board with. If we're pointing the middle finger at the wretchedness of the Premier League and all the shite bits about it - fair enough - but, personally, the way I'd go about doing that is offering my support to a smaller, already-existing club. I'm seriously pondering a York season ticket, for example.

When my best mate lived away i'd often visit and see the local team, got quite attached to Burton Albion and then Nantwich Town FC. Unfortunately he now lives in middlesbrough and we can't switch to them.  :lol:

Lower league stuff yeah have considered going to see Northallerton Town FC which is nearest me (wear black and white stripes too lol) but I dunno. They'll never be 'my' club like Newcastle is/used to be. This could be though, not got it's own history and traditions separate from us if you see what I mean.

I do really like the idea of the club being fan owned and always being that. I'm getting more and more sick of the premier league's total disconnect to the fans.

That's a sentiment I can get on board with. If we're pointing the middle finger at the wretchedness of the Premier League and all the s**** bits about it - fair enough - but, personally, the way I'd go about doing that is offering my support to a smaller, already-existing club. I'm seriously pondering a York season ticket, for example.

O0

Yep same for me. As I said earlier I've done the same with Stenhousemuir.

if the 'alternative Newcsatle' becomes a reality or a necessity then it would get my support however.

I am almost in the 'NUFC is dead' camp...almost.

In that case I don't really understand the motivation behind the whole project.

Yes, it may be possible to hound Ashley out, but who knows how long it will take and at the end of the day Ashley decides when to sell. The club has been a part of people's everyday lives for over a hundred years, Ashley has taken that away. We have to set up our own club, while still working to force Ashley out. One need not exclude the other.

Yeah I get you. :thup:

It's a pity that I couldn't get on board with something like this, really. Without ever really understanding the motivations behind them - I look at the rise of FC United - especially with their new stadium - and it looks like a truly incredible rollercoaster of a journey. It would be outrageous fun and immensely satisfying to build a club up from the ground, and see it go on to achieve something.

But as I said in my first post in this thread; there's still a club there somewhere within Newcastle United imo. If I truly thought the club was dead, I wouldn't still give it my daily attention. And deep down I bet many still feel the same, in spite of its current disgraceful version of itself.

Ultimately though, there's only one real decision to make and that centres around how a club makes you feel.  The present day form of NUFC and a lot of other clubs with fans boycotting are doing so because they feel disattached.  The theme that generally keeps occuring is he owner not meeting the footballing demands of the paying fan and still profiting themselves.

A fan owned club is the future and with the rules not changing any time soon to bring us in line with the thriving German model, a new club will see us have internal warm thoughts first.  Heck the way things are going, we could pass Shit Direct Utd in the league in a few years time

Real Newcastle is growing on me provided it's pronounced a la the spanish clubs.

Also off for a while now, don't go and found the club and everything without me  :p

Ofcourse it is damn it! If I ever win big, I'm so starting Real Newcastle.