Lockwood/Millward - 11aside charity match

Guest GallowgateKev

Guest GallowgateKev

Hi Lads and lasses,

been having a little think and waiting until October to see some of you gorgeous faces just isn't happening...

So my proposal is that we start our very own annual charity match in honour of John and Craig. All money raised would get split between two charities (families choice) and be an 11aside game hosted on a grass pitch somewhere in Newcastle.

My thoughts are to have this game on Saturday 1st august, played between forum members and hopefully any ex players we can manage to get involved (or local celebs etc)..

Think it would be a great touch and also a good laugh at the same time to remember two cracking lads.

People's thoughts?

Cheers,

Kev

Guest Roger Kint

Far too early for that with Craig imo. Family havent even got closure yet never mind organising anything. Nice sentiment though :thup:

I would be inclined to keep things to the Lockwood Cup in October. Let's wait to see what happens with the Craig situation, something doesn't sit right organising something in his memory so soon after something we don't even know the full events of.

Very nice sentiment obviously and certainly wouldn't doubt your willingness to get this sorted Kev. Just think it's best to wait.

I reckon the same as others.

Maybe just an NUFC supporters charity match, like generally. Could dedicate it each year to well known, or big Newcastle fans...this year John and Liam, next year someone else...

Guest GallowgateKev

It made no money for charity, that's the point of the post tbh.

Not a place to get in to a debate just a thought, agree with Heza.

It's definitely a good idea. A couple of us had a brief chat over the weekend to the same effect. Just felt like we need to wait a bit for the outcome of the Craig case.

Lockwood cup was great last year, looking forward to October.

Guest GallowgateKev

It's definitely a good idea. A couple of us had a brief chat over the weekend to the same effect. Just felt like we need to wait a bit for the outcome of the Craig case.

Lockwood cup was great last year, looking forward to October.

Totally agree regarding the case mate