Imagine

Cookie1892

Surely there is only one answer, utter disbelief (and joy of course!). 

I am firmly in the camp that IF we play better football, invest in the right players and actually won something then past mistakes can be forgiven but NOT forgotten.  To forget, progress would have to be sustainable and notable not just "hey, we won something, lets strip the fuck out of the club again just for £££'s".

Time will tell if this really is the new "ambitious" mandate from the top and the requisite investment and transformation on the pitch can be achieved by McClaren and his team. Far too many unknowns in their at the moment and current levels of distrust in Ashley and co most likely mean it won't be believed.

One can hope though and I really think this is the last time people will let any hope into the equation so this really is a massive summer for the club.

The way I see it Ashley sort of promised to leave if he won something, right? So two reasons to celebrate.

I will not leave before we win something <> I will leave after we've won something.

In answer to the question, I would celebrate like a madman.

I think at the moment now I'm basically just about to climb on the fence again but If we get anymore of this petty s*** from the club or blatant lies I'll soon be f***ing back the way I come. If positive steps are taken all the way until the start of the season then Ill get behind McClaren and if he gets us playing some decent stuff I think I'll get into again and be able to embrace any cup win, I've had enough of hating the club at the moment so I'm just willing to give it a try again but wont be doing anything apart from watching from the Pub or at home. When we beat City 2-0 this season in the cup I sat there thinking what if we actually won this, I couldnt think of anything worse than Pardew winning us a trophy.