England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Not a red, under DOGSO (Law 12)

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.), the offending player must be sent off.

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Playing the ball doesn’t come into it - stopping a clear GS opportunity does.  Looks like Bellingham was stretching for the ball so that wouldn’t be an obvious GS opportunity 

You're correct but wrong at the same time :lol:

Right that playing the ball doesn't come into it, but attempting to play it actually does..

Just now, leffe186 said:

Rashford is leaving us so exposed. Not sure Rice and Phillips is working either but I can’t figure out which is the problem.

Rice has progressed the ball several times. Phillips has just gone around trying to kick players in the head. 

Just now, leffe186 said:

Rashford is leaving us so exposed. Not sure Rice and Phillips is working either but I can’t figure out which is the problem.

How rashford still gets a game I don't know...

Surely Grealish, Gordon etc are better options..

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Not sure Trippier is an international left back...

I wouldn’t be happy seeing him there for Newcastle tbf.  But Southgate’s selections have become increasingly bizarre.  England managers, like US presidents, should have a term limit …

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I wouldn’t be happy seeing him there for Newcastle tbf.  But Southgate’s selections have become increasingly bizarre.  England managers, like US presidents, should have a term limit …

Yep, but playing a much different and more restricted role for England. Doesn't seem to want to get up the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Rice has progressed the ball several times. Phillips has just gone around trying to kick players in the head. 

Was more thinking about the positioning when we were defending, but yeah, Rice just seems more composed in general.