England

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

I think his entire appraoch is honking at this moment. His "group" aren't the same as they were a few years ago, and that's OK, pick new players who have earned it. 

And I'm sure he plays other in forms out of position or leaves them on the bench just to ensure there is no argument to pick them again

26 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Think that latest squad is me officially moving my flagpole out of the Southgate camp. What a fucking dullard man.

Same here. Hard to stick up for him when he continues to make these poor decisions. 

Henderson is the worst one for me. So many reasons that guy should no longer be part of the squad, he's a waste of a squad place. 

Really will be such a frustrating situation if when Southgate leaves the next guy comes in and does the exact same tedious crap. 

40 minutes ago, Beren said:

Back to despising England after a brief respite. [emoji38] Henderson and Philips ffs.

They'll waste Bellingham's golden years, you can put your house on it.

Thankfully Bellingham is only 20, Southgate will be gone not long after he's turns 21.

I think Southgate is very shortsighted and lacks a ruthless approach, on and off the pitch. He has plenty of time between tournaments to build for the next one, giving young and in-form players opportunities to embed into the team as well as manage regulars properly. It’s one thing if a player performs better for England than club, but it’s another if they don’t play at all for their club. Maguire’s most recent performances are no surprise here and this is where he should be giving the message you can’t be a long-term benchwarmer (or play in Saudi) if you want to keep your place. Sends a bad message to everyone really. 

His defence is players seem to never let him down, but maybe that’s not enough and we should be looking to win something? I’m glad the general narrative has shifted from us being proud of our brave losers. 

Watch us get to the next WC and he still doesn’t know how to fit Foden into the team in a position he supposedly doesn’t play for his club while picking players who never play anywhere for their club. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Gutted for our boys. 

And that includes Dan Burn. 

Considering there's not a natural left back in that squad I'd have to agree on this occasion. I mean if you're picking Kalvin Phillips then why wouldnt you pick even someone like Targett, ffs. He even gets more minutes and is in a position the squad actually needs :lol: Madness. Is Mitchell injured?

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Farcical by Southgate again, what have Maguire, Gallagher, Phillips and Henderson done to deserve a call up? He even made a point of saying when he took the job that he would pick players based on their performances not their names.