Benitez's Transfer Record, Hit or Miss?

Delima

don't worry, we'll take his bollocks and the rest of him too :D

Surely, you football experts have heard of sweeper keepers before right? Or are you playing ignorant for some reason I wonder?  bluewink.gif

I think the only ignorant one's around here are you lot in thinking Given can't be that good if he plays for us.

You ask fans from the other 18 teams in the Premiership who they would rather have out of the two between their goalposts and I'd happily bet that the majority of them would say Given.

Still, perhaps they're ignorant to the talents of Pepe 'The Sweepa Keepa' Reina like we are.

tmonkey - goalies don't do 'sweeping', it's something we've made up apparently. So I can't possibly read anymore into what you say ;)

Anyway, in the same vain, it could be as much of a case of people here not wanting to accept that Reina is a better keeper. See what I'm saying? You go to a Liverpool forum and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone wanting Given above Reina.

That is why I said sometimes we need to be happy for what we have. Both our teams have the right keepers, no need to argue the case imo. We have the goalies that suit us. Simple as that.

tmonkey - goalies don't do 'sweeping', it's something we've made up apparently. So I can't possibly read anymore into what you say ;)

Anyway, in the same vain, it could be as much of a case of people here not wanting to accept that Reina is a better keeper. See what I'm saying? You go to a Liverpool forum and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone wanting Given above Reina.

That is why I said sometimes we need to be happy for what we have. Both our teams have the right keepers, no need to argue the case imo. We have the goalies that suit us. Simple as that.

But your goalie is shit, does that suit you?

So for "sweeping", you mean the keeper coming off his line?

Wow! What a novelty!

As tmonkey says, Shay has always been superb at sweeper-keeper-sweeper-ing, but I tend to focus on the major aspects of his game like his superb shot stopping and his ability not to fumble a tame shot in the FA Cup Final, but now that you mention it, he's clearly better than I thought he was since he COMES OFF HIS LINE, the most important aspect of a goalkeeper's job. :lol:

But he isn't though is he, performances and his record over the years shows that. I'm all for discussion about players, but is there need for that sort of ignorant comment? That's when it's time to close the discussion I guess.

But he isn't though is he, performances and his record over the years shows that. I'm all for discussion about players, but is there need for that sort of ignorant comment? That's when it's time to close the discussion I guess.

Bobby Zamora, Dean Ashton and Andy Johnson beg to differ tbh.

He's dodgy and lucky he plays for Liverpool and not us, or he'd bee found out for the joke he really is.

Close the case, and take your stupid fuking 'sweeper keeper' shite with you.

Reina reminds me of Dudek tbh. Good at times, horribly bad at others. Everyone makes mistakes, but Given is extremely consistent. Whenever we play Liverpool I always hope for a little clanger from him as he does look a  bit dodgy.

Wow! What a novelty!

As tmonkey says, Shay has always been superb at sweeper-keeper-sweeper-ing, but I tend to focus on the major aspects of his game like his superb shot stopping and his ability not to fumble a tame shot in the FA Cup Final, but now that you mention it, he's clearly better than I thought he was since he COMES OFF HIS LINE, the most important aspect of a goalkeeper's job. :lol:

At least he got to win an FA Cup though eh ;) I reckon that save he did at the end to keep us in it was more worthy!

'superb shot stopping' is a given (ha) in this league. Even the poorest goalies in this league are good shot stoppers. It's what else they do that makes the difference.  And no I don't mean 'coming off his line'. See that is the problem, if that's what you think it's about, then there isn't really a need to talk more about it is there? We seem to be on very different wavelengths.

Wow! What a novelty!

At least he got to win an FA Cup though eh ;) I reckon that save he did at the end to keep us in it was more worthy!

Er... no. Because saving shots isn't what it's about is it?

Bit too Hollywood apparently. Better to drop them at the feet or head of the opposing centre forward. blueyes.gif

Has Given never made a mistake?

Has he ever let in a soft goal?

That's 3 this year for Reina!  And I distinctly remember making a complete cock up at Birmingham as well, you've only had him a season and a half. :lol:

Given - the only one that comes to mind apart from Dion Dublin behind him about 8 years ago, is David Bentley at SJP for Norwich in 2004.

Has Given never made a mistake?

Has he ever let in a soft goal?

Yeah, Dion Dublin, 'he's behind you'.

We'll let him off the once though.

Seriously though, in his entire NUFC career, Given has made less mistakes than Reina has this season.

Well, if football is about winning, then it's quite a pertinent fact isn't it?

Sad as fuck. You've been raped in this argument.

I'd leave now if I were you tbh, you're making yourself look fucking stupid.

Well, if football is about winning, then it's quite a pertinent fact isn't it?

*Lays wreath for Liverpool's league title chances this season*

Well if its all about winning, why bother with the remainder of your games in the Premiership? You don't have a chance in hell of wining the title.

Hey, Willy is an endearing nickname innit?! I'm just being friendly during our argument! No need to get upset about me being endearing towards you ;)