Benitez's Transfer Record, Hit or Miss?

Delima

Guest optimistic nit

Has Given never made a mistake?

Has he ever let in a soft goal?

That's 3 this year for Reina! And I distinctly remember making a complete cock up at Birmingham as well, you've only had him a season and a half. :lol:

Given - the only one that comes to mind apart from Dion Dublin behind him about 8 years ago, is David Bentley at SJP for Norwich in 2004.

vs chelsea on the opening day of the season 4-5 years ago, but then cudichini did the exact same thing about 10 minutes later blueyes.gif

WE'VE WON IT 5 TIMES!!!

WHEN DID NEWCASTLE LAST WIN ANYTHING?!??!11?!

I always thought Rafa was a decent lad, how wrong I've been.

What do you expect me to do?

I've read a couple pages of trash talk about one of my teams players who I know has been pretty damn excellent for us overall (and his record points towards that fact), you think I'd leave it as that?

I'm all for a good discussion here, but some of the rubbish on here, and you get all upity when I try and stand my ground?

So when that happens, and the insults start - sometimes the only way to get through is to trash talk in return.

If the same happened on a Liverpool forum (and yes, there are a couple Toon fans I know on one of 'em),  then I'm sure they would argue their case, or when those arguing with them lowered the tone as happened here - would give it back.

Do as I say but not as I do doesn't really work ok. If you can't take it back, then have a word with a couple of the posters on this very thread. They know who they are.

Why is thread even on a NUFC board, why would i give a f**k about Benitez's signings? All i know is, they're no chance of winning the league this year, AGAIN.

Don't compare the last bit with us 'cause we're not expected to win owt ;-)

Unbelievable.

I'd quite like to know where the "tone got lowered."

As far as I can see, when you were shot down about the fact that Reina is extremely error prone and Shay is not, you responded with:

At least he got to win an FA Cup though eh

and

Yet Given hasn't actually helped you achieve anything. Mmmmm. I wonder......

That's when the insults started. Typical Scouse arrogance, just like the "streets ahead" comment that started it all off (I know that wasn't you). You sound like the only one in this thread who can give it but not take it back - at least not without resorting to "5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES!".

Guest kingdawson

WE'VE WON IT 5 TIMES!!!

WHEN DID NEWCASTLE LAST WIN ANYTHING?!??!11?!

I always thought Rafa was a decent lad, how wrong I've been.

What do you expect me to do?

I've read a couple pages of trash talk about one of my teams players who I know has been pretty damn excellent for us overall (and his record points towards that fact), you think I'd leave it as that?

I'm all for a good discussion here, but some of the rubbish on here, and you get all upity when I try and stand my ground?

So when that happens, and the insults start - sometimes the only way to get through is to trash talk in return.

If the same happened on a Liverpool forum (and yes, there are a couple Toon fans I know on one of 'em), then I'm sure they would argue their case, or when those arguing with them lowered the tone as happened here - would give it back.

Do as I say but not as I do doesn't really work ok. If you can't take it back, then have a word with a couple of the posters on this very thread. They know who they are.

Preach on my Scouse brother but to be fair your argument (on this occasion) holds no weight. Given is the better keeper out of the two. Robbo's also a better keeper then Reina.

Guest slapnuts

Reina's a quality keeper.

He made 2 point blank saves last week at Wigan and other great saves.

He had a dodgy start to the season and thats it he is back to his best now. I wouldnt say he is dodgy on crosses he just perfers to punch the ball.  :thup:

To be honest when an opposing fans resorts to a "when's the last time you won something" argument thats when you know they have lost the argument!

Hasn't Cisse won something/s with you? That mean he is better than Shearer ever was? Thought not  bluewink.gif

"We don't want to sell him and want to show we have confidence in him."

Rafa talking about Reina, his contract and a possible move.

Why on earth would Rafa bring up confidence in such a great 'sweeper keeper' if he was the legend in the making he's been touted as round here by certain deluded Liverpool fans?

Are people not so confident in Mr Reina that his manager has to prove he still backs him?

Can't remember the last time Given needed reassurance and to be told his manager has confidence in him.

Nobody's making him out to be a legend.

He's just better than Given who is vastly over rated.

And again, he has a better defence in front of him, so it's not really a fair statement. But you're biased, fair enough.

Guest kingdawson

He's just better than Given who is vastly over rated.

He's underrated if anything. Now fook off.

why coz he dares to have a different opinion then you :roll: