Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 - B Barnes wins

LRD

Guest Roger Kint

The changes to bonus points system make it worthwhile to have a keeper that's going to be busy. I've gone with Butland as well.

What change is this ? How am I not aware of this shit ?  :(

Because you havent read the previous page? They look shit tbh

There's always a crap team who ends up with a lot of clean sheets at the start, not sure who it'll be this time.

Do we know who Southampton's fullbacks will be?

Bertrand surely is the first. Cedric the other maybe ?

Guest Roger Kint

I meant how do you find out the changes from the FPL site, as opposed to waiting for someone on here to tell us about them?

They are in the rules?

Guest Roger Kint

I forgot Forster was out, you might be right. Although I can image Koeman will have them sorted.

J Rod may be decent value, not checked his price mind. Scored 3/4 the other day i think and would be decent off Pelle

The changes to bonus points system make it worthwhile to have a keeper that's going to be busy. I've gone with Butland as well.

What change is this ? How am I not aware of this s*** ?  :(

Last year keepers got one BPS a save, now they get two. As such, a keeper that has to deal with a lot of shots and therefore, make a lot of saves is more likely to earn bonus points.

I have gone with two budget keepers (Butler and Hennessey = 8.5). I had Cech in there originally, but I reckon that 1 mil is better spent elsewhere.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah I had thought of him, danger is having too many clever signings and not enough guaranteed scorers though. I often fall for this.

me too, at the minute got Aguero, Benteke & Berahino but wont rule out changing either of the two smallers ones.

I forgot Forster was out, you might be right. Although I can image Koeman will have them sorted.

I would agree, but you're backing a team that has had 4 of the 6 players that make up a defensive unit removed. I think there's better value out there.

I'm struggling going against my instinct and I'm choosing against fixtures rather than just good player. I always feel aggrived when my well balanced team performs poorer than teams with weird players who just have a good run of fixtures. I think it'll blow up in my face mind.

Can't see the appeal with going with a cheaper, busier keep for 1 million less. The maximum bonus points you can get is 3, yet for a clean sheet keepers get 4/5? I'd think Courtios will get more points over the season by making 0 saves, getting 0 bonus but keeping substantially more clean sheets  than Butland conceding most games but making 3 or 4 saves. Keepers are so cheap this season, personally it makes more sense to spend 5.5 on Courtios or Cech, than 4.5 on a keeper your almost relying entirely on picking up 3 bonus. Anyway here's my team, guaranteed to change towards the start of the season.

Cech

Cedric Alderwerield Haidara

Walcott Depay Mane Hazard

Costa Deeney Benteke

Hamer, Aarons, Holebas/Francis on home rotation for when one of my attackers plays against one of my defenders

Can't see the appeal with going with a cheaper, busier keep for 1 million less. The maximum bonus points you can get is 3, yet for a clean sheet keepers get 4/5? I'd think Courtios will get more points over the season by making 0 saves, getting 0 bonus but keeping substantially more clean sheets  than Butland conceding most games but making 3 or 4 saves. Keepers are so cheap this season, personally it makes more sense to spend 5.5 on Courtios or Cech, than 4.5 on a keeper your almost relying entirely on picking up 3 bonus. Anyway here's my team, guaranteed to change towards the start of the season.

That's certainly the case. It's just whether you can get better value out of your one million elsewhere.

Problem with the idea of good keeper is that they are rarely worth the extra you pay. You want a keeper who gets clean sheets, but does so making saves. The reason the mackems keeper was great last year was because even when they conceeded a goal he was still getting 1 or 2 save points a game. When they kept a clean sheet he was still getting those save bonuses.

All of that is true this year but with the added incentive of bonus.