Fantasy Premier League 2015/16 - B Barnes wins

LRD

Just finished our draft for an 8 team league. Definitely some homer picks for everyone but curious who you all think has the best team? No salary cap, standard scoring with no bonus points/captains, and max of 3 players from one club.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/04/d65b58fa5b98713715fefb9b93fdc604.jpg

The Diego Costa team looks the strongest.

Had a play around this evening, ended up with:

Cech

Williams  Fonte Alderweirld

Anya  Ozil  Wijnaldum Depay  Countinho

Ayoze  Berahino

Bench: Schmeichel  Aguero  Jagielka  Richards

Will probably make more changes before the weekend, but I feel somewhat content. Might change Coutinho back to Sterling, but that would only leave me with about £1 in the bank, I just had to make room for Aguero as I would think he's a more fire bet then someone like Rooney, over an entire season anyway.

Just finished our draft for an 8 team league. Definitely some homer picks for everyone but curious who you all think has the best team? No salary cap, standard scoring with no bonus points/captains, and max of 3 players from one club.

Ha, that's the rugby fan in the group. He'll be pleased to hear that.

Had a play around this evening, ended up with:

Cech

Williams  Fonte Alderweirld

Anya  Ozil  Wijnaldum Depay  Countinho

Ayoze  Berahino

Bench: Schmeichel  Aguero  Jagielka  Richards

Will probably make more changes before the weekend, but I feel somewhat content. Might change Coutinho back to Sterling, but that would only leave me with about £1 in the bank, I just had to make room for Aguero as I would think he's a more fire bet then someone like Rooney, over an entire season anyway.

I'd just make a plan to fit Aguero in once he's fit. No point wasting 13m for a player on the bench the first few weeks. Cedric for Fonte and replacing Jagielka with a 4.5m CB like O'shea who often picks up a lot of points will save you 1.5m as well. Basically if you start with that strike force you might find it very hard to catch up.

Spurs players offer basically no value. The defence is a random mix and all the midfield options are overpriced. I'd question how much Eriksens fortunes last season were reliant on Kane as well. Not bad players, but when the likes of Lamela are 7.0 you know there's not a great deal there.

I'll add that if the defence calms down, there may be good shouts in Alderwiereld and Davies this season. Nothing for me at GW1 tho.

;D Fun that.

I think most teams look good, although especially the first one (everything relying on Sanchez) and also the two last ones looks very fragile. Just imo ofc :)

Spurs players offer basically no value. The defence is a random mix and all the midfield options are overpriced. I'd question how much Eriksens fortunes last season were reliant on Kane as well. Not bad players, but when the likes of Lamela are 7.0 you know there's not a great deal there.

I'll add that if the defence calms down, there may be good shouts in Alderwiereld and Davies this season. Nothing for me at GW1 tho.

Chadli and Alderwereild seems good value, other than that  :undecided:

Kane seems way too expensive compared to his end-season form.

Unless you mean only this season. In which case, probably fair enough, although Kane is still very well-priced for somebody who is pretty much guaranteed to be a lone striker every game.

I usually try to keep at least three. Last year it was Lloris, Kane and Eriksen for the most part. This year is definitely tougher. I have Trippier, although there's still a danger Poch plays Walker. Most of the players are at least 0.5 overpriced, although my top tips are Alli, and Pritchard after he gets over the ankle injury.

I'd be absolutely stunned if Kane manages to perform even half as well as he did last season. He went through that unbelievable purple patch but besides that his form suggested he wasn't much more than an average PL striker.

Be interesting to see how well he does - personally, I think Chadli is going to be the main man for Spurs this season as far as FPL points are concerned.

Decent looking team that, apart from subs who have no chance of playing (apart from Barry, maybe?)

Not bothered about having a second keeper as I rarely rotate them. Holebas guaranteed starter, as is Barry one would imagine. Having read Rogers' pre season interviews, I get the feeling Gomez is going to get the nod ahead of Moreno. It's not much of a gamble should he not start, as it will give me a far better idea of the other 4.5 million defenders who look likely to start and are willing to get involved in the attacks.

Made a couple of changes this morning.

Courtois

Bellerin Darmian Azpilicueta

Hazard Sterling Chamberlain Depay

Wilson Rooney Benteke

Subs: Krul Baker Wisdom Wanyama

;D Fun that.

I think most teams look good, although especially the first one (everything relying on Sanchez) and also the two last ones looks very fragile. Just imo ofc :)

Yeah, tend to agree. The second from right is my team. Feel like it could be good if everyone's healthy, but it could easily go very wrong. Tricky with the draft - my top targets were getting picked just before it got to me pretty often.