Gateshead 0-1 Newcastle United 8pm 10/07/15

joeyt

First friendly against poor opposition but i thought i'd post it anyway. Sounds like a typical Colback performance...

"Anita looked extremely composed and dictated the midfield in the first half. The Dutch midfielder was constantly looking for the ball and started most of the Newcastle attacks. Playing alongside Colback the pair looked comfortable together, frequently rotating between who would stay or push on. Anita gave a performance that resembled a man not happy to sit on the bench next season."

"Colback seemed to take it easy tonight and although was typically comfortable on the ball he didn’t do much to impress. The centre midfielder formed a nice partnership with Anita but the latter was more impressive on the ball tonight."

http://whatculture.com/sport/gateshead-0-1-newcastle-nufc-match-ratings.php  I have no idea who this dude is.

Ayoze as the deep lying playmaker alongside Tiote was an interesting concept mind. :lol:

Think it was more to do with just making an 11 rather than any potential in that being a future role for him mind.

He's probably one of our most technical players but still obviously thought he'd have no trouble there against Gateshead, don't believe for a second it'll be like that come the season