Freddie Woodman (now playing for Preston North End)

sempuki

That would involve re-registering Krul. We need 3 senior goalkeepers, can't have another Alnwick situation.

Surely we could include a clause to recall him if one of our senior keepers gets injured.

Iirc long term loans are not allowed to have recall options. Monthly ones can I think.

That would involve re-registering Krul. We need 3 senior goalkeepers, can't have another Alnwick situation.

Surely we could include a clause to recall him if one of our senior keepers gets injured.

Iirc long term loans are not allowed to have recall options. Monthly ones can I think.

Ok, I'm just going to stop pretending I have a solution to this  :lol:

Bottom line is it seems like a huge mistake if he spends this season as our third choice keeper.

Ok, I'm just going to stop pretending I have a solution to this  :lol:

Bottom line is it seems like a huge mistake if he spends this season as our third choice keeper.

Rafa said recently that Freddie would have to wait until January to go out on loan if we didn't sign another GK. Does indeed mean him twiddling his thumbs though.

Didn't we recall Tom Heardman? Then sent him to Hartlepool......

Heardman was on a youth loan which is different, and the loan rules changed recently,  i think (not 100% sure like).

Heardman was on a youth loan which is different, and the loan rules changed recently,  i think (not 100% sure like).

A youth loan? Learn something new every day.

A youth loan? Learn something new every day.

I remember it being reported as that, at the time. I've no idea what the ins and outs of that are but they are different than a usual loan, again i'm not 100% on it, i just read about them at the time.

I'm not convinced Heardman was a youth loan considering he's 22 next month

Are we talking different times ? the Heardman loan to Hartlepool was a few seasons back wasn't it.

Have we just got him back from bury to replace Gayle then?

Are we talking different times ? the Heardman loan to Hartlepool was a few seasons back wasn't it.

I think we have crossed wires, if we've just recalled him from Bury, then that would have been a short term long which you can recall someone from, or Bury sent him back, i think.

Heardman went on loan to Gateshead (not Hartlepool as i thought) on a youth loan, , i thought that's what we were on about, sorry my bad.

We've just recalled Heardman from his loan at Bury which I assume was why he was used as an example as us recalling someone

You can but you can't if it's a long term loan, we couldn't recall Armstrong last season for the same reason.

I think we have crossed wires, if we've just recalled him from Bury, then that would have been a short term long which you can recall someone from, or Bury sent him back, i think.

Heardman went on loan to Gateshead (not Hartlepool as i thought) on a youth loan, , i thought that's what we were on about, sorry my bad.

Heardman went to bury on a season long loan. I thought we recalled him, but can't confirm or deny that now.

Heardman went to bury on a season long loan. I thought we recalled him, but can't confirm or deny that now.

Going by what i just read on the club site, he wasn't on loan anywhere before he went Bury.

We could recall Heardman because the transfer window is still open.

We could have recalled Armstrong last January if we wanted to. In fact I think we extended his loan to go back to Barnsley in January

Going by what i just read on the club site, he wasn't on loan anywhere before he went Bury.

No, he went to bury, but we recalled him (we probably haven't). However, you can recall a season long loan but only in a transfer window, or if both clubs agree.

I'm pretty sure we could recall Heardman because the transfer window is still open. We could have recalled Armstrong last January if we wanted to

There's been some changes, you're not allowed to loan outside the transfer windows now. Iirc they put in non recall rules (not 100% how this all works), but i think the loans now go 6 months and season long. Not sure about the recalling Armstrong, but if it was in the window and he was initially on a six month loan that would have been possible as it was coming to an end, and we weren't going to renew it. (which we did in the end)

You can recall players on season long loans if there's an option to but only when the transfer window is open (like Ake was by Chelsea last January).

Armstrong's was a loan until January then extended to end of the season in January

No, he went to bury, but we recalled him (we probably haven't). However, you can recall a season long loan but only in a transfer window, or if both clubs agree.

That's the bit i couldn't remember  O0

Did Bury send Heardman back then, injured ?