Freddie Woodman (now playing for Preston North End)

sempuki

You can recall players on season long loans if there's an option to but only when the transfer window is open (like Ake was by Chelsea last January).

Armstrong's was a loan until January then extended to end of the season in January

Aye which meant we couldn't recall him before the window reopened, no ?

I've no problem him playing in the fa cup, and the fizzy pop one had we stayed in. But starting him in the league / making him no1 is just lunacy. It could end his career before it begins.

I think there are many many more kids that get ruined by not playing than those that get ruined by playing too early

I've no problem him playing in the fa cup, and the fizzy pop one had we stayed in. But starting him in the league / making him no1 is just lunacy. It could end his career before it begins.

I think there are many many more kids that get ruined by not playing than those that get ruined by playing too early

:thup:

Just three points on the graph, but it looks like Buffon, Lloris, and de Gea were all playing in their countries' senior leagues at 21. Woodman turned 20 in March. Woodman has been frequently capped at youth level, so the career path so far is not vastly different.

With the increasing tactical requirements placed on keepers for kicking and sweeping, the position might be more difficult for young lads than in the past. That said, I'd have him on the bench as backup at least.

Outfield players I'd agree with you. But gk is different, if we threw him in now there's a good chance it could f*** him up for life.

Hasn't done Pickford any harm?

He was 22 before he started playing for Sunderland regularly.

I'm gonna backpedal a bit here.

Under Rafa I'd have some confidence in starting him now. Under Pardew for example it'd only go one way. After an 8-0 away defeat they'd find the poor fucker up a tree naked, with a saucepan on his head.